- Text Size +
Chapter 36 – Vying for Attention

Oriana was a little unnerved as she heaved the neatly packed tent into the trunk of her Hummer. She had been packing for the camping trip all morning so she could get away from Brian as soon as possible. She didn't want to run into him again and risk another bruise or break. Yet, she was nervous about leaving despite the relief of getting away. She hadn't talked to Howie since abruptly leaving him for the dress fitting and Alex had already confessed about the terrible disaster at the tux fitting. She wondered if Howie was avoiding her on purpose. She feared to know the answer however as she lugged Alex's duffle bag into the trunk, trying not to injure her arm.

"You need some help?" a voice asked from behind her.

"That'd be fantastic. You know, before I break another arm," Oriana replied with a laugh, not realizing who it really was. She turned with another duffle bag in her arm, yelping in surprise when she crossed Howie's chocolate eyes. Her jaw dropped along with the bag.

"Scare you a little?" he chuckled, picking up the bag and placing it in the trunk. He had his own Nike bag slung over his shoulder and looked quite ready to take off.

"A little would be an understatement..."

"Well, Alex said it would be cool if I came camping with you guys. So, here I am."

Oriana tilted her head in confusion, unable to compute the words that had fallen from his mouth. "Huh?" she deadpanned.

"Um... I was invited to go camping on the beach with you?"

"You're coming with us?"

"If you want me to—"

"I do," she blurted, things finally settling. She offered an apologetic smile, carefully offering a quick peck of a kiss to his cheek. "I didn't mean to haze out on you. Just scared me is all..."

"Oh, alright. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," he placed his duffle bag in the trunk as well. "What else needs to be packed in the Hummer?"

"Just that pile," she answered, motioning toward the small pile of sleeping bags, groceries, two coolers, and some other supplies. She loaded another duffle bag, before going to retrieve the groceries. She bit down on her bottom lip, noticing Howie's sullen appearance. The side of his face hosted a large bruise from the fight, causing Oriana to wince. "Howie, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. It'll just be really nice to get away from here," Howie replied, leaning down to kiss her before he loaded some things into the car.

"Doesn't seem like you're that excited," Oriana murmured, noticing the quiet simmer of flames from the kiss compared to the raging fire that usually hid beneath his kisses. She pressed her good hand to her lips for a moment, trying to think of a way to explain her thoughts. She didn't want to upset him any more than he seemed to be. "I... Are you sure you want to go? Jamie didn't force you, did he? I mean, you both can just crash at your house if neither of you want to go..."

Howie took her hand into his and away from her mouth. "I really want to go. I just want to get out of here before I see Brian, because I can't promise I won't kill him. I want to spend the weekend with my girl and my best friend."

"You look so miserable," Oriana whispered.

"Not with you, I'm not."

"But—"

"We're going to camp on the beach and have fun."

"I think you're not telling me something," she decided quietly as he pulled away to gather more of the supplies. She frowned openly, moving to place some of the bags of foot in the backseat so there was more room for supplies in the trunk.

"What am I not telling you?" he asked with confusion.

"I don't know. That's the problem."

"Are you going out with Mac during Homecoming?" Howie suddenly blurted.
Oriana jerked back in surprise, smacking her head against the top of the Hummer. She cursed openly, holding the back of her head. "What the Hell?"
"I'm not believing what he said, but yesterday Brian said Ace was insisting you go out with Mac, him and Shayla during Homecoming."

"Yes, Ace is insisting that," Oriana stated honestly, still rubbing her tender head.

"Even though he knows I'm your boyfriend?"

"Yes—"

"Then why is he insisting that?"

"Because he thinks if Mac takes me out for Homecoming I'm going to have this miraculous change of heart and date Mac..." Oriana trailed, for once not being able to read Howie's thoughts through his caring eyes.
"The team doesn't like me, do they?" Howie asked softly.

"Why do you care—"

"Because I accepted them. They watch out for you when I can't and they protect you. I respect them, and I would like respect back."

"Howie, not all of them think like Ace..."

"But it still hurts, Riana. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, I just want you to know how I feel."

"I know it still hurts—"

"Are you going to go out with them at Homecoming?"

"I don't know what I'm doing..."

Howie took a deep breath, knowing it was impossible to even win this argument. "Let's leave all this here. We're supposed to be getting away from the drama here, right?"

"We can't, because you're going to keep thinking about it the entire weekend. You're going to be absolutely miserable because of me," Oriana guiltily replied, hesitating before stepping forward. She furled her brows in sorrow, slowly reaching out to pull Howie close for a hug. She felt him dramatically tense with her touch, making her heart ache. "I just... I think that it's my duty to at least hang out with Mac for a little while when he's here. He's always been nice to me when I was starting out on the team and he's been calling to check up on me all the time. I know that you don't agree with him and I don't agree with what he said to you. But I have to be polite, right?"

"Yeah, you do. I know..." Howie hugged her close to him. He didn't mean to be tense, but everything with Brian wound him up so tight with the vicious words about Oriana. "I'm not tense because of you. I just... I can't believe Brian can be so vicious about you when he doesn't even know you. It's not fair."

"I don't care what he thinks of me. I only care that you realize Mac isn't taking me anywhere. Even if I were deserted in the most romantic place in the world with him, all my thoughts would be directed toward you. I promise you that much," Oriana whispered, not even wanting to know what Brian had declared about her now.

"That helps a lot, Baby. It does," he whispered, kissing her neck.

"And it's not the whole football team that doesn't accept you. Most of them think like Luke and he absolutely loves you to death. Just with Ace being the Captain... He rules the roost. I'll kick their asses if I have to. I just don't want you hurting."

"With you by my side, I will never hurt."

"Are you going to be okay?" she asked, somewhat fearful of the answer.

"I'm going to be fine," he tipped her head up gently under the chin and kissed her. "I promise."

"Mmm," she murmured softly as their lips parted. Her eyes fluttered gently, before staring up into his soft brown eyes. "I'm really glad you're going with us. I was worried that I wouldn't see you for this long weekend, which kind of scared me."

"It scared me too," he agreed, cupping her cheek. "But this is going to be a good weekend. I know it."

"As long as Alex doesn't fart in the tent," she answered, trying to make him smile.

"Eww..." he crinkled his nose, "Let's make sure he doesn't eat any beans."

"Didn't buy any of those."

"But are there some in the house? Because he loves baked beans."

"Why don't you go search him and I'll finish packing?"

"Alright," he kissed her again. "I'll be back soon."

"And you're sure you're okay?" she called after him, just wanting the reassurance. She hated when the one's she loved were upset. She would do just about anything to make them smile again.

Howie rushed back and kissed her more passionately than ever before. "I'm sure."

"Okay," she wheezed in surprise, wilting against the side of her Hummer. She felt her heart hammer against her ribcage as the breath left her filling lungs. She blushed furiously as her lips burned from his simple kiss. She had never felt nothing so fiery before. "You're going to have to wait...like...five seconds..."

"You alright?" he chuckled.

"Not really," she gasped softly, struggling to catch her breath.

"What's wrong?"

"That...was one of the best things I've felt in a long time," she admitted, feeling her cheeks burn yet again. She brought her fingers to her tingling lips. "I...wow..."

Howie smiled, kissing her gently one more time. "That's how I feel every time I kiss you. I'll be back in a minute."

"Mmm-kay, if I'm passed out on the floor, don't worry. I died of sheer ecstasy."

"Then I'll just give you mouth-to-mouth resuscitation," he smiled before going into the house.

*~*~*


"Teagan, he left to go get supplies or something for your big date," Alex called loudly.

"Oh, thank God, he's gone," Howie muttered as he walked into the kitchen where Alex and Teagan were. "Hey, guys."

"What are you doing here, Howie? These two are about to leave any second for their camping trip," Teagan asked incredulously, sitting down at the kitchen table with a fresh Vanilla Coke.

"I'm going with them?" Howie answered with a question as he made sure Alex wasn't eating beans.

“Dude, what are you doing?"

"You haven't been eating baked beans today, have you?"

"No... That's a hot dog kind of meal..." Alex explained, smacking Howie's hands away from him. "Dude, you're scaring me!"

"Wait, you're going with them?" Teagan laughed.

"Yeah, and I'm making sure Bean Boy doesn't have any or else his farts will make the tent stink."

"You're sure he's not going to have his own tent? I could see that... Putting Alex a mile away in his own tent while you groove in a tent with Oriana... She has that birth control now..." Teagan trailed, clicking her tongue with a seductive smile.

"Teag, you know me better than that," Howie groaned as Alex made gagging noises.

"But Oriana could be getting curious... Such a little virgin she is…"

"It's up to her. I'm not going to force her into anything she doesn't want."

"But say she was curious this weekend... You'd jump on it in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?" Teagan teased.

"You're funny, Real funny," Howie cleared his throat, feeling his cheeks blush. "Anyway. I need you two to screen the mail for me."

"He'd do it in a heartbeat," Alex confirmed with a laugh.

"Are you going to help me with this surprise for Riana or not?"

"Ooooo, what surprise?!" Teagan squealed.

"I was going to give her a promise ring and her acceptance letter to Duke in a box. And mine, too, if I get accepted. So I need you to screen--"

"Wait! Hold the phone! Duke? You applied to Duke?" Alex blurted.

"Shut up, Alex! I want to hear about this ring!" Teagan interrupted.

"It's a silver band, and on top it has a key with a heart shaped top on it. The ring promises that she will always hold the key to my heart and that we'll be together forever."

"Are you serious?" Teagan replied with a high-pitched coo. "That is so totally sweet, Howie!"

"So, she'll like it?" Howie asked.

"I don't know about that, but it is really sweet," Teagan teased.

"You're definitely not helping me right now."

"Howie, no one has every done this for her. Of course she's going to love it. Believe it or not, she truly is a girl on the inside and wants to have a guy lavish her with attention. I think she might actually take a flight with you to Las Vegas for marriage after you give her that ring," Teagan encouraged.

"Well, marriage is farther down the road--"

"WHAT?!" Teagan squealed louder.

"Teagan, be quiet!"

"You wanna marry her someday?!"

"That's what he just said, ditzy," Alex groaned, clamping his hand over Teagan's mouth.

"Thank you, Alex. Now, what I was TRYING to ask you both is to screen the mail for her acceptance letter and give it to me for the surprise. Can you do that for me?"

"Actually, before I even consent to that. What the Hell is this about you applying to Duke?" Alex countered, slowly releasing Teagan's mouth when she was calm.

"They've got a good criminal justice program there. I thought I would apply and see if I could get in."

"Because of Oriana?"

"Well, she's a big part of it--"

"You'd honestly switch a college you want to go to because of a girl?" Alex interrupted with shock. He had never seen Howie so seriously involved. True, Howie hadn't committed to wanting to attend a specific college, but Duke?

"I really care about her. Shit, I love her. No girl has made me feel like this and I don't want to be apart from her," Howie tried to explain as Teagan cooed again.

"But Duke's so far away... What if it doesn't work out?"

"Alex! Of course it will!" Teagan smacked his arm.

"Ow! But what if he doesn't get in?"

"But he will!" she smacked him again.

"Ow!" Alex winced again, stepping away from Teagan's reach. He glanced apologetically toward Howie. "Sorry, Bro. I really want it to work out between you and Ry. I think you two are perfect for each other. Couldn't help but ask the questions, you know? Wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't, right?"

"I know, man. It's alright. So, y'all will watch the mail for me?"
"You do realize she's going to murder us when she finds out this whole plot, right?" Teagan asked blankly.

"Probably. But that's the risk I'm willing to take."

"What if she doesn't get in?" Alex voiced after a few moments.

"ALEX!"

"WHAT?!"

"Get over here so I can smack you!" Teagan growled. "Of course she's going to get in!"

"I'll get the mail every day if you don't hit me," Alex whimpered.

"Will you have more faith in Riana and Howie?"

"Yes."

Teagan walked over and hugged Alex. "I don't mean to hit you, I just... I don't know. I'm sorry, Sax."

"You're...uh...having some really weird mood swings..." Alex whimpered, struggling to get away from her grasp.

"I need to figure out how to stop scaring people," Teagan sighed as she let go of Alex.

"We'll look up a class for you," Alex promised.

"I'm not scared of you," Howie interjected, smiling toward Teagan. "I am grateful that you're helping me out with Oriana though."

"No need to thank me. Just being a friend," Teagan smiled as they hugged.
"Now you two get going, you've got a camping trip to start."

"You saying goodbye to Oriana?" Alex asked.

"Yes, I'm going outside with you."

"You really think she'll like the surprise?" Howie asked softly as they walked toward the garage.

"She'll love it, I promise," Teagan slung an arm around his shoulders.

"Hey! You guys ready to go?" Oriana called brightly as the group hurried down the stairs toward the Hummer. She had everything neatly packed and was just shutting the door as they approached. She quickly focused on Teagan and Alex, afraid that if she looked at Howie her cheeks might burn with remembrance of the passionate kiss as she grew faint.
"Yep!" Alex replied as he hopped into the backseat.

"He's so sweet when he says goodbye, huh?" Oriana joked, looking toward Teagan.

"Oh, but he is," Teagan laughed, rolling her eyes. "BYE SAX!"

"BYE MAJOR!"

"You going to be alright here till Brian gets back?" Oriana trailed, biting down on her bottom lip as she felt Howie's eyes burn into her flesh.

"I'll be fine," Teagan reassured, hugging Oriana. "The security systems on and I have my pepper spray handy. You all just go and have fun, okay?"

"Don't worry about me either," Oriana warned, noticing the gleam in her friend's eyes.

"I'll try not to. Since you have Howie and Alex, I know you'll be safe."

"Didn't I tell you they have their own tent?" Oriana joked.

"Oriana Ryan..."

"What?" she asked innocently.

"You're not funny."

"We're all sleeping in the same tent."

Teagan leaned in and whispered, "If you and Howie want some alone time, just kick Alex out onto the sand."

"Alone time for what?" Oriana asked innocently.

"I'm not even going to answer that," Teagan groaned as she hugged Howie.

"Don't corrupt her," Howie whispered.

"I've tried my hardest to give you a little action, Howie," Teagan sighed dramatically.

"Yeah, thanks," he rolled his eyes, kissing her cheek. "See you Monday."

"Right back at you," Teagan answered, starting to move toward the house. "Oriana?!"

"Yeah?"

"Give the boy some action!" Teagan laughed, shutting the door behind her.

"Action, huh?" Oriana countered, trying not to blush.

"Teagan's talking crazy again. Must be those mood swings," Howie replied, blushing a little before climbing into the passenger seat as Alex laughed.

"Howie's been asking for it hardcore, Ry. You just need to get that stuff over with since your Mom hooked you up with the BC," Alex fired, knowing how to push Howie's buttons.

"Then he can ask me himself," Oriana groaned, revving her engine.

"At a more appropriate time," Howie gritted, throwing a pillow back at Alex.

"Woah! Here that, Ry! I wasn't lying! Appropriate time, huh?! When's that, D?!" Alex continued, not phased by Howie's attack. "C'mon! Indulge!"
Howie turned in his seat. "Richardson, you need to shut up now."

"Just tell us. We're all Sex-ed'ed up here!"

"It's none of your business, dude!"

"I'm the older brother. It's definitely my business!"

"Not about this stuff!"

"Will you both please stop talking like I'm not right here?" Oriana interrupted.

"Then tell him to indulge, Ry!" Alex fired.

"I don't care what he does," Oriana groaned.

"God, if you want to give Alex a bad case of laryngitis, please do it now," Howie begged as he looked up at the sky.

"NOPE! LOUD AND CLEAR BACK HERE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! JUST TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO KNOW AND I'LL SHUT UP!" Alex called loudly with a wicked grin.

"I'M WAITING FOR THE PERFECT TIME, OKAY?"

"What do you mean?" Alex asked curiously, knowing he had won.

"I don't want it to be rushed. I don't want it to be sex. I want to take our time. I want it to be making love," Howie explained, feeling his cheeks turn red again.

"Before or after this wedding business?"

"What?" Oriana asked with a raised eyebrow.

"C'mon, Ry, we all know you guys are destined to be married. So, does this 'making love' deed get done before or after, D?" Alex questioned.

"It's whenever she wants. Haven't I told you that before, Alex? And it's not a 'deed'. Just because it isn't fucking doesn't mean it’s non-existent."

"Say what?"

"Never mind. It's up to Oriana what she wants to do."

"No...the last part... What did you mean?"

"Well, no high school kids 'make love'. It's always 'having sex' or 'fucking'. Makes it sound like y'all don't think it's possible to make love at our age."

"And you think it's possible?" Alex countered, growing quite serious.

"I seriously think it is. If they both love each other, then why wouldn't it be?"

"Point well taken..." Alex decided, growing quiet in thought.

"I like the sound of that," Oriana confessed quietly, pulling her cast out of the sling. Carefully, she reached over to brush her tender fingers poking out from the cast against Howie's hand.

Howie smiled, leaning down to kiss her fingers. "That's how I've always thought of it."

“I wish others would follow in your footsteps."

"Maybe someday they will."

"We definitely have a lot to talk about this weekend, huh?"

"Yeah, but we've got the whole weekend to do that. Let's just have fun and be carefree."

"Carefree in the passion of love making sounds better at times..." Oriana trailed quietly, focusing back on the road ahead.

"Is that what you want?" Howie asked as Alex slipped some headphones on and blared Linkin Park.

"Huh?" Oriana blanked.

"To be carefree in the passion of love making?"

"You heard that?" Oriana groaned, blushing furiously.

"I hear lots of things," Howie reached out and traced the back of her neck gently. "That's what I want, too."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I do."

"But-- "

"I'm sure."

"We can't this weekend, though... I mean..." Oriana fumbled with her words, shying away from Howie's fingers against her neck.

"No, no, no. Not with Alex here, it wouldn't be right. But sometime soon, if you want to... we could."

"We could..." she agreed, trailing her sentence.

"Remember, it's up to you."

"I know..." she answered, gripping the steering wheel tighter with her left hand. All the talk of love making brought so many questions to her heart. Her virginity issues always remained constant between the realities of the rapes she suffered through. Then she wondered about the idea of saving herself for the one she married. She wanted to be true to her Christian roots, but if Howie spoke of marriage in the near future, she would be making love with the man she married... Yet, one of the biggest issues, she spoke of making love to a man she hadn't even confessed her love for aloud yet.

"We'll talk about it more this weekend, okay?" he leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"How'd you know..." she found her words falling off the cliff as she glanced back in amazement.

"I just did."

"Just don't tell me you know what I was thinking about, or I might crash this car."

"Okay, I won't."

Oriana fell quiet for several moments, trying to concentrate on the open road. Yet, her inquisitive mind got the best of her. She glanced back to her boyfriend for a moment. "Did you know?"

"You were thinking about marriage and your virginity."

"Two out of three..." she laughed tensely.

"And because you haven't said I love you," he continued.

"O-Okay, that's enough right there..."

"I didn't mean to scare you."

"You didn't scare me..."

"Did I terrify you?"

"No, you make me highly nervous."

"Why?"

"Because I'm starting to believe that you know my heart better than I know my heart."

"It just proves more that we're meant to be.”

*~*~*


"Brian., I can't see with this blindfold on!" Teagan whined as Brian led her up the stairs to his bedroom. He had everything set up for their perfect night alone.

"That's the point, Baby," he chuckled. "Just a little bit longer."

"Better be worth it..." she grumbled with a smile as he opened the door and brought her to the bed. She sniffed and smiled. It smelt like roses with a mix of Brian's cologne. "Can I see now?"

"I'm thinking about holding you off for about...maybe...ten more minutes..." Brian teased, standing her right in the center of the loveliness. He had taken all the great ideas from classic love stories and combined them together for one romantic evening.

"Nuh-uh! I'll take it off right now if that's true!" Teagan paused for a moment and heard soft music playing in the background.

"Don't ruin the moment," Brian breathed, gently kissing her neck.

"Mmm..." Teagan moaned, reaching out to pull Brian closer to her.

"I love you so much, Teags."

"I love you, too, Brian. Always." she felt his kisses move up her neck until their lips infused in a passionate kiss.

Brian carefully reached up toward the blindfold as their lips continued to press into several fiery kisses, expressing the emotions buried deep within their souls. Every worry seemed to melt with Teagan's gentle touch. Brian could hardly contain his love as he slowly undid the blindfold, whispering softly against her lips, "I owe everything to you, Teags. You're the one that keeps me sane through all the pain. I can never express all my undying love for you, because it's so large and immeasurable. But I can show you my love and let you know that I go to bed thinking of you and wake up thinking of you. And this is why I'm dedicating this night to you, Teags. Because you're my everything."

Teagan opened her eyes and gasped. "Oh my gosh... Brian..." the room was lit with only red candles and red rose petals decorated the ground. Looking over at the bed, she saw more rose petals on the covers and a dozen roses standing in a crystal vase by the stereo. A tray of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of sparkling lemonade sat on the dresser.

"Like it?" he asked.

"Like it? I love it!" she enthused, bringing him in for another kiss. "No one has ever done this for me."

"You deserve every inch of it," he promised, accepting the sweet kiss. He ran his hands down her sides, pulling her close against his body. He had waited so long for them to be alone together. It seemed so perfect in his mind, like nothing could taint their sweetness.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning up to kiss his jaw line. "How did you know I like chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling lemonade?"

"A little birdie told me," he teased, lifting her into his arms.
A squeal escaped her lips as she held onto him tightly. "Well, bring that tray on over, because I want to show you a trick. You'll love it."

"A trick?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Well, let me take you to the bed."

Teagan nodded as Brian walked over to his bed and gently laid her down. He kissed her before going to get the tray and he came back.

"So? What's this infamous trick?" Brian asked curiously, setting the tray between them. He plucked two wine glasses and turned them over, pouring each a glass of sparkling lemonade.

"Strawberries and chocolate are naturally sweet, right? Well, I thought it would be interesting if I did this," she grabbed a strawberry and held it by Brian's mouth. "Take a bite."

"Alright..." he trailed, doing as he was told.

She took the bitten end and dipped it in the lemonade for a minute. She pulled it out and placed it by his mouth. "Now try it."

He cautiously took a bite and was amazed. "Whoa... that's really good!"

"Told you," she smirked.

"Well, let me tell you something," he countered, leaning toward her. He quickly captured her lips in a powerful kiss, sharing the wonderful sweet and sour combination toiling within his mouth.,

"Wow... never did that after my trick," she breathed, licking her lips.

"Let's just say I have a few tricks of my own," he declared, leaning forward again to capture the rest of the sweet nectar from her lips.
She placed her hands on the back of his neck, making the kiss deeper as she pulled him down on top of her. "I like your tricks."

"I like your tricks," he laughed.

She laughed as well, tracing her fingers down his strong back. "Here we are... alone in the house with candles burning and music playing in the background..."

"Yes, a romantic night for the two of us."

Teagan smirked, leaning up to kiss him before pulling off his shirt. "Much better. You're so toned, Brian, but you always hide it under t-shirts."

"I'm sorry?"

"You don't have to say you're sorry," she turned them around so she was straddling his hips. "Just walk around the house shirtless."

"If you do it, too," he teased.

"Yeah, that'll happen only when we're alone," she laughed.

"Which is right now."

"True..." she trailed seductively, biting down on her bottom lip. Knowing she had the upper hand, she decided to play a game. She played with the hem of her form-fitting t-shirt, allowing it to rise ever so slowly to reveal inches of soft tanned flesh.

"You are such a tease," he groaned softly, reaching out to help her. She shook her head, smacking his hands.

"Uh-uh, Brian. Naughty."

"You're calling me naughty?" he scoffed in disbelief, finding his body aching to be with her.

"Yes I am," she replied, pulling up her shirt a little more so that her belly ring flashed delicately in the candlelight. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Hmmm.... Oh the things I could do," Brian declared, clicking his tongue with a rueful smile. He wrapped his hands against the sides of her hips, pushing her up off his hips.

"Like what?" Teagan asked with a raised eyebrow, smiling. Her shirt was still halfway up. absentmindedly playing with her belly ring.
Brian nodded at the plan he had delegated in his mind. Without a second thought, he tossed her onto the soft rose petals. He quickly covered her body with his own, lowering his head to her exposed stomach. Ever so lightly did he deliver sweet kisses to cover the sweet skin of her stomach.

"Oh, wow... Brian..." she moaned, arching her back slightly at the feather like kisses. She reached out and entangled her fingers within his locks.

"I love you, Teagan Gabrielle. I need you, Teagan Gabrielle. I want you, Teagan Gabrielle," Brian breathed in between each kiss, running his hands down her legs.

"I love you, I need you and I want you, too," Teagan whispered, feeling her body quiver beneath Brian's touch.

"I'll never hurt you, okay?" Brian promised, bringing his lips back to her own.

"I know you won't," Teagan replied before pulling off her shirt.

"This is going to be the most memorable night of both our lives," he breathed, pushing himself to admire her beautiful glory. He knew deep within his heart that he loved her with everything he could possibly muster. Their love would linger beyond their inevitable reaches into the Heavens.

"I know I'll never forget this night. Never," she whispered, feeling her eyes mist. She had the strongest feeling that the love they had would be the kind to last a lifetime and after. A never-ending kind of love that not many people find, and she was thankful she did.

"Together forever?" he asked, melting his body against hers. He brought his hands beneath her bare shoulders, pulling her against his warm chest. He could feel their hearts beat within the same wave, molding together into a single unit.

"Forever," she promised, reaching up to kiss him softly.