- Text Size +
Chapter 40 – Knotting Loose Ends

"I know this is last minute, but I really did want to show you how much I loved you before you headed off to New York City," Brian explained, bustling about Teagan's kitchen to prepare the two plates of homemade spaghetti. It was already early Wednesday evening and Marie was still working, so Brian consented to making Teagan a home cooked meal for their anniversary. He was very proud of his accomplishments with cooking, knowing he couldn't do much with a stove.

"Brian, you're so sweet," Teagan cooed with a smile as she sat at the island in the middle of the Eavan's Mediterranean themed kitchen. "You know you didn't have to do this--"

"I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to," he explained, carrying the two large plates of pasta over to the already made dining table. He had covered it with a delicate pink table cloth, matching the table cloth with pink candles and pink roses.

"You're too much sometimes," she replied as he came back to get the garlic bread and parmesan cheese. He came back once more to take her hand and lead them out to the dining room. "This looks delicious. You made this all by yourself, too!"

"Didn't burn anything, either," he announced proudly, pulling out her chair.

"You're getting to be such a big boy," she teased with a smile, sitting down.

"Be nice," he chided softly.

"I know," she nodded as Brian went to sit across from her. After pouring some cheese on the spaghetti, she took a bite and moaned. "Oh my goodness. Brian, this is amazing!"

"Really?" he asked in surprise.

"I'm not kidding, this is really good!"

"Well, I'm very glad that you like it."

"You outdid yourself, Baby."

"Is that possible?"

"Good point..." She took another bite of spaghetti along with garlic bread. "Mmm. You're going to be the cook if we get married.

"Deal."

Teagan grabbed her glass, which was filled with what she thought was juice and took a gulp. She coughed loudly. "Whoa! Is that wine?"

"Sparkling Grape Juice..."

"It doesn't taste like it."

"Okay...wine."

"This is really nice tasting wine..." she sniffed it gently. "with nutmeg and a hint of cedar. Where'd you get it?"

"What's he doing with all the wine now that you're at Ma's house?"

"He built a cellar in the backyard."

"Oh... Nice!"

"I thought it would be nice with a little wine for our one month anniversary. Do you like it?"

"Of course I do," she leaned over the table and kissed him. "Thank you."

"Anything for you," he promised, licking his bottom lip after the kiss to taste the remaining droplets of wine. He smiled softly, reaching out to caress her cheek.

"I love you," Teagan replied, smiling as she took his hand in hers.

"I love you endlessly."

Things were quiet for a little while as they continued to eat and drink. Her plate almost empty, she sat back in her chair with a hand on her stomach. "I don't think I could eat anymore."

"Not even chocolate covered strawberries?" Brian trailed with a seductive smile.

"Oh, no... my weakness. Well, maybe a couple wouldn't hurt..." Teagan gave in, burping loudly. "Excuse me!"

"Impressive," Brian laughed, standing up from the table. He gathered both plates, carrying them back into the kitchen. He hummed softly to himself as he carried back a fresh plate of hand-dipped chocolate strawberries. He set the plate down on the table, offering her the first piece of fruit from his own hand.

Smirking, Teagan leaned down and traced her tongue around the strawberry before taking it out of his hand with her teeth.

"You're definitely a tease," Brian murmured, feeling his body light with passion over her simple tactics.

"I know," she replied with a mouthful of fruit, taking a drink of her wine.

"And oh so...delicate?"

"It's the wine. I get a little more... loud when I drink."

"It was only one glass," he teased, crouching down beside her.

"Yeah, but I don't handle wine well," she laughed, framing his face with her hands. She kissed him deeply, making sure he tasted the strawberry, chocolate and wine.

"Then that's enough for you..." he murmured, loving the flavor of her lips. He pressed their foreheads together, wanting to just stay linked. "I like kissing you better anyway."

"Kissing is definitely better," she agreed, getting out of her chair as she pushed him down on the floor and climbed on top of him.

"Not what I had in mind, but I'm up for improv..." Brian teased, running his hands up her sides as she bent down for another kiss.

"Thought I could be a little spontaneous tonight," Teagan giggled as she began to kiss his neck. "I have a present for you."

"I love you being spontaneous and I have a gift for you, too," he explained, pointing up toward the table.

"Let me get yours," she replied, kissing him once more before running up to her room. She grabbed a small box and a larger one and ran back downstairs.

Brian jumped up from the floor, rushing into the living room. He grabbed her two small boxes, carrying them back to the kitchen. He smiled proudly as Teagan reached the room with both of her gifts. He motioned for her to set down her gifts, so she could receive his first. "I want you to open yours first, Teags."

"Alright," Teagan smiled, placing down Brian's gifts by him before grabbing the first box.

Brian sat down on the nearby chair, pulling Teagan into his lap. He noticed her dark blue-gray eyes light with excitement at the tiny box. He knew right then that he loved her too much to ever say no to her. She carefully peeled back the wrapping, squealing in surprise as she freed a tennis bracelet lined with topaz gemstones to match the ring on her finger. "How's that?" he asked excitedly.

"Baby, it's beautiful!" Teagan cooed happily as she took it out of the box and watched the stones glitter in the light. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome, Sweetheart," Brian enthused, helping her wrap it around her dainty wrist. He kissed the side of her neck affectionately, "It was made for you."

"It's so beautiful, and it matches the ring you gave me," she kissed his lips gently. "This is too much already."

"You got one more."

"Brian," she whined, taking the other box. "You didn't have to."

"Like I said before, I didn't have to do it, but I wanted to do it."

"You're the greatest boyfriend in the world," Teagan enthused has she took the other box and opened it up. "Oh my God! Brian!"

He smiled yet again as she freed a plain Nascar t-shirt from the box, but the most important feature was on the back. He had managed to secure a t-shirt with both Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s signatures. "Like it?"

"I FREAKING LOVE IT!" She almost screamed, wrapping her arms around him. She delivered feverish kisses all over Brian's cheeks. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You're welcome!" he laughed in surprise.

"How in the world did you get Gordon and Junior's autographs?! And how did you know they were my favorite racers?"

"I have my ways," he laughed, holding her tightly.

"You've got to open mine now," Teagan replied after she kissed him deeply.
"Which first?" he asked as she leaned over to grab both gifts.

"The smaller one, first."

"Okay..." he trailed, picking up the miniature box as Teagan perched on his lap again. He wrapped his arms around her, rested his chin on her shoulder, and opening the gift in front of her. He smiled softly when he revealed a simple silver ring. Teagan gently took his hand and helped him turn the ring so he could see inside. "Teagan Gabrielle and Brian Thomas, huh?"

"Yep. Do you like it?"

"It's great," he laughed, kissing her cheek. "Slip it on me."

"That can be taken in so many kinky ways," she giggled before placing the ring on Brian's left, fourth digit.

"You're horrible sometimes, you know that?"

"Yeah, but you love me!"

"That I do."

"Alright, open your next present," she kissed him before handing the larger box.

"And you yelled at me about getting too much?" he scoffed playfully, pulling at the wrapped paper. When he ripped away all the paper, he pulled on the top of the box, gasping in surprise. He pulled out a brand new football with the entire Kentucky Wildcat team's signatures.

"Do you like it?" Teagan asked, hoping the gasp was a good thing.

"How'd you get this?" he asked in surprise.

"I was talking to Mom about what to get you and I told her how much you love the Wildcat's. I can't believe I forgot, but she reminded me that my cousin Steve goes to school there and is the assistant coach. So I gave him a call and he hooked me up with the football."

"Thank you so much, Sweetheart!"

"You're very welcome! I'm glad you like it."

"It's the best gift ever," Brian decided, making her turn around in his lap. He carefully set the football on the table, bringing both of his hands up to cup her face. He pulled her toward him for a spellbinding kiss, smiling gratefully. "Thank you so much for everything, Teags. I love you so much. And happy one month anniversary."

"I love you more than I could ever tell you. Happy anniversary, Baby. Thank you for making feel like the most special person alive," Teagan rested her forehead against his.

“You are the most special person alive, Teags."

"And so are you," she agreed, bringing his lips to hers for another intense kiss.

*~*~*


Howie felt all his nerves bundle within his stomach as he carefully climbed the Riley's staircase toward Oriana's bedroom. He had hoped to catch her in the living room, but Kevin had answered the door. He quickly proceeded to explain that Oriana was upstairs multi-tasking and Howie could go upstairs if he wanted. Howie knew he had to settle things before she left for New York City. He hadn't had a long chance to talk to her since Monday afternoon. They had only exchanged quick hellos and good-byes, not even able to stay on the phone for very long. Whenever he tried to visit, he ended up spending his time with Alex because Oriana was gone. Somehow, he had climbed the stairs to be greeted with Oriana's throbbing music, Fantastic Voyage by Lakeside, filtering from behind her door. He carefully laid his hand upon the doorknob, but was scared senseless when Alex called to him loudly.

"D!"

"HOLY SHIT!" Howie exclaimed, turning around. "ALEX, YOU SCARED ME!"

"Sorry..." Alex trailed with a snicker.

"Not funny," Howie groaned, pushing Alex on the shoulder. "What do you want?"

"First off... What are you doing here?" Alex asked curiously, leaning back against his doorway. He hadn't even had a chance to speak with Oriana all day since returning from band practice. She had finished with football practice only to run to two dance classes, then stopping off at some girl named Catie's house. Now she had locked herself in her room, preparing for New York City.

"I need to talk to my girlfriend?" Howie replied with question.

"She's impossible to reach at the moment... She's been impossible to reach all freaking week and I live right next door," Alex exasperated.

"Yeah, Luke told me all her plans... even though it should have been her telling me... dude, did you know she wasn't even gonna tell me she was going to New York until tomorrow morning?"

"I think her mind has been a little preoccupied... Besides, how could she tell you she was going to New York tomorrow morning? Dude, you'd be at school."

"There is calling me before school? Because I know Teag will call her really early out of excitement."

"I don't think her mind would be on calling you in the morning..."

"Then when in the Hell was she gonna tell me?"

Alex shrugged helplessly, not really knowing the answer. According to the household chart, Oriana's plans had been jumbled all around for the next two weeks. Between dance classes, football practices, school work, Grease scenery, Grease choreography, and basic life - Oriana had been swamped. She wasn't thinking much of anything, except those tasks. "Don't get too pissed at her."

"I'm not pissed, I'm just confused on why she wouldn't at least tell me she's going to be out of town from Thursday to Monday."

"Like I said, she's been jumbled."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I just want to talk to her before they leave tomorrow."

"You should make her take a camera..." Alex recalled with a faint smirk. "Cass was telling Dad how she signed the girls up for this expensive Beauty Spa for Sunday I think... The whole work out - Mud Baths, Saunas, Face Peels... God knows what else they do..."

"Cass is really going all out for Teag and Ria. Well, they both deserve it anyway—"

"They deserve it, but she's also making up for the little incident after Ry broke her arm..." Alex trailed, listening to Oriana's music shift to 'Sweet Home Alabama.' He thought for a moment, his eyes growing wide,
"Shit! D! C'mere!"

"What?" Howie yelped as Alex pulled him away from Oriana's door.

Alex yanked Howie into his room, quickly closing the door behind him. Howie stumbled over several pairs of shorts, falling onto the leopard printed bed. Howie cringed for a moment at his position, but Alex seemed unaware. The younger man quickly jumped toward his desk, ruffling through his drawers in search of something important. "I don't want it anymore... It's deadly to carry this thing around with her in the house..."

"What are you talking about?" Howie asked in utter confusion.

"She'd kill me if she knew I had this..." Alex continued, rushing himself to the bottom drawer. He quickly pulled out a stack of Playboys and smiled securely. He plucked a thick envelope from the bottom of the drawer. "It's her Duke Letter."

"You hid her Duke letter in your Playboys?" Howie asked with a snicker as he took the envelope.

"Like she was honestly going to go searching through that drawer!" Alex snorted, sitting down on the bed beside Howie. He anxiously licked his bottom lip, staring at the thick letter. "Like...thick is a good sign, right?"

"Thick is a very good sign. That means there's dorm stuff, orientation and registration stuff in there. She got accepted, just like I knew she would."

"Are you sure? What if it's just a really big rejection letter? Because it would totally suck ass if you gave her the letter, the ring, and then your acceptance letter... And she opened them all up and she was denied."

"Can you actually see her getting denied?"

"There's a chance?"

"You don't know how smart she is, do you? She's the first in our class with a perfect 4.0, I highly doubt she got rejected."

"But--"

"When did you become Mr. Negative? Rejection letters from college are not thick. My brother John got rejected from NDU and it was very thin."

"Well... I guess I just want things to go well for you?" Alex questioned, staring down at the envelope. He quickly snatched it from Howie's hands, preparing to open it.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?"

"Opening it just to make sure?"

"No, you're not. If she sees it opened, she's going to kill me for letting you. And then she'll come and kill you for opening it."

"I think she's going to kill you for keeping it from her. When she comes to me asking how the Hell you got it away, I'm blaming every damn thing on you," Alex threatened as Howie swiped the letter back into his own hands, slipping it into his backpack.

"She'll love my surprise," Howie replied confidently as he zipped his backpack up and stood up. "Thanks for screening the mail."

"Don't thank me when you have a bald spot from her ripping out your hair."

"No, I'll just come to you for a wig with that already balding forehead of yours," Howie countered with a sweet smile, slipping out the door. He heard Alex deliver a string of curses, but could care less. He crossed the hallway to hear the CD Player switch yet again to Accidentally In Love by Counting Crows. He carefully eased the door open to see Oriana perched in a specific position in front of her closet, waiting for the right beat. Then as the music kicked off she kicked her long leg high above her head with a twist, falling into a certain rhythm of dance steps Howie assumed were for the dance recital next week.

Yet, she didn't stop to notice him let alone to focus on one activity. Instead, she continued the dance as she twirled around her bed toward the computer desk. She quickly typed something with her left hand as she moved her hips in a particular way with the beat. She then did a running backward move with a twist to her closet. She then stood in front of that, doing the same hip moves as she stared at her clothing.

"Trying to think of what to bring to New York?" Howie spoke up over the music.

Oriana suddenly froze within her closet, dropping her favorite Adidas sweatshirt to the clean floor. She pulled the remote from her back pocket to pause the music. She carefully turned, her jaw slightly unhinged at Howie's form. "Holy shit, Howie!"

"That's exactly what I said when your loving brother scared me when I got here," Howie chuckled as he sat down on her bed.

"I... What are you doing here?" she asked in confusion, leaning down to grab the Adidas sweatshirt. Well aware that it would be quite cooler in New York than Florida, she carefully folded it against her chest, carrying it back to the duffle bag on her bed. She leaned over the bag to plant a quick kiss on Howie's cheek before slipping the sweatshirt into the empty bag. She hadn't held a real conversation with Howie since Monday. She felt terrible for leaving him alone for so long, but she hadn't even had time to breathe on her own.

"Just wanted to see you before you and Teag left for New York," he replied simply, not getting mad over it. He knew she had been extremely busy, but part of him still wished she would have stopped to tell him instead of Luke.

"Yeah, I just now had time to pack..." she trailed, walking back to her closet. She pulled free three of her favorite flared jeans and three of her favorite sweatpants. She was quickly searching through her tank tops and t-shirts, when she realized what Howie had said. She turned on her heel again, cursing loudly, "Shit! Howie! I didn't even tell you about New York!"

"No, you didn't," he chuckled. "You're lucky you have Luke to clue me in on your schedule when you're too busy."

"Luke told you?" she groaned.

"Yeah. I mean, I was a little peeved you didn't tell me. But I understood you were busy--"

"Busy is an understatement," she interrupted with yet another groan, tossing the small pile of clothing on her shoulder to the bed. She then slid the duffle bag over so she could sit next to her boyfriend on her bed. She sighed softly, staring down at her bare feet. "I'm really sorry, Howie. I should have told you the second I knew... I have no excuse... You can be upset at me."

"There's no need for me to be upset about New York. All your mom is trying to do is make sure you relax for one weekend so you don't break apart. Though I didn't know you were still going to hang out with Mac during Homecoming."

Oriana groaned in dismay yet again, falling backward onto her bed. She covered her eyes with her good hand, just remembering that fiasco. "Damnit! I forgot all about that."

"You don't have to go hang out with Mac if you don't want to," Howie replied as he laid down next to her.

"Then have Ace biting my ass during the rest of the season?"

"Because he didn't get his way?"

"Yes," Oriana admitted, still shielding her eyes from the brightness of her lights. She tried to remember the last night she actually had a good night's rest. It just seemed like the days dragged on forever as she ran around doing various items of business. "I think Ace is having some stupid private party after the Homecoming Dance for a few guys and their girlfriends... Mac's going to be there and that's where I have to meet them."

"Well, then I'm going with you."

"Huh?" she deadpanned, finally peeking her eyes open to see Howie leaning over her.

"The party is for the players and girlfriends, right? Well, you're a player and I'm the boyfriend. I'll come with you."

"Sounds good to me..."

"Do you want me to go?"

"Do you really think I want to hang out with Mac all by myself? I know what Ace and Gabe will plan. Somehow I'll get thrown into a room with Mac..."

"Why would they do that if you have a boyfriend?" Howie asked, trying to stay calm.

"Because it's Ace?" Oriana tried explain, not really knowing how to explain the real answer. She glanced up into Howie's eyes for a moment, noticing the darkness creeping through. "Look, Ace just has this pig-headed idea that I'm just like their cheerleader girlfriends. That I have to be linked with a football player in order to remain on the friendly side of the team."

"But Luke told me most of the team isn't like Ace. So it wouldn't matter, then... either way, I'm going to that party with you. I sure as Hell ain't going to let anything happen to you when Ace and Gabe are planning shit."

"Babe, what have I told you before?" Oriana warned, resting her good hand beneath his chin. "Even if they set up the most romantic room in Ace's home, I'd only be thinking about you. I just need to hang out with Mac to tell him no hard feelings and thank him for caring about me."

"I trust you, it's those assholes I don't trust..."

"You can come if you like," she promised.

"Alright," he agreed, leaning down to kiss her. "Are you going to miss me when you're in New York?"

"What do you think?" she countered with a soft smile, motioning for him to lay beside her again. On instinct, he rested his head against her chest for comfort of her mellow heartbeat and warmth, allowing her to run her fingers through his messy locks. She smiled softly, inhaling the light spray of Howie's Drakkar Noir Cologne. She would honestly miss the moments of doing absolutely nothing with him.

"You'll go crazy without me," he chuckled, resting his hand on her stomach. "But you definitely deserve a break from everything. I heard you and Teag are going to a spa, too."

"I get to be dipped in mud, oh joy, Momma's spending all this money on us when I can go diving in the field for the same treatment," Oriana teased, somewhat nervous about the feminine spa. She almost thought they might suck away her tomboyish nature.

"It'll help you relax, though."

"Getting dipped in mud will help me relax? Do they add worms for extra energy?"

"Ew... that's gross," Howie chuckled. "No, but you get massages, whirlpools and whatever else. You'll feel better."

"You think I don't feel good?"

"Not like that. You'll just feel more relaxed."

"I guess so..." she trailed, knowing next week would probably be a living Hell. She was already trying to figure out how she would handle the final wedding arrangements, the Homecoming Game that she might actually be able to play in, the Homecoming Dance, Ace's party, Grease scenery, Grease choreography, rehearsing with Luke, and the actual dance recital in one week.

"Do you need any help next week?" Howie asked, knowing she was thinking about it.

"What do you know about next week?" she asked in surprise, stiffening somewhat beneath him.

"You have Grease, football, dance classes and the wedding, right?"

"Well, yeah..."

"I was just asking if you wanted help with anything."

"I don't know what you could really do to help me..."

"The offers on the table," Howie replied as he looked up into her eyes, kissing her gently underneath her chin.

"Thank you..." she answered with a squeak, her breath slightly catching from the simple kiss. She felt her body relax as he gently slipped his hand beneath her tank top to rub her firm stomach. "There's just so much to do next week."

"Homecoming is a busy week," Howie agreed. "Aren't you getting your cast off then, too?"

"Shit...yeah...Thursday..." she suddenly remembered, slightly excited. "Homecoming game is that night, so I might get to play... But that means Coach'll have to eighty-six Numbnut from the game... But then the Homecoming Dance is Friday...which is after the stupid reci..."

"The stupid what?"

"It's not really stupid..." Oriana trailed, scolding herself for speaking ill of her favorite activity. She was proud of dancing, just unable to express herself to others about the wonders of it. "Margie planned a dance recital awhile ago for next Friday. She picked Luke and me to do a solo dance for the closing of the show, not to mention being with the other dancers in our class..."

"I would really like to go to your recital," Howie replied, tracing hearts on Oriana's stomach.

"You... Y-Yeah?" Oriana squeaked again as Howie's delicate fingers tickled her stomach.

"Yeah, I would. I've seen you dance and it's so beautiful."

"Momma and Teagan always go. If you want to, catch a ride with them?"

"I'll talk to them about it," he promised. "I'm going to miss you while you're in New York."

"It's only like five days... I've already been dogging you for three... You should be okay," Oriana answered, trying to slip from beneath Howie.

"I'm still going to miss you."

"I know, Babe. I'm going to miss you, too. I'll pick you up something in New York, how about that?" Oriana tried, wrapping her arm around Howie's shoulders, knowing that she had to pack.

"You don't have to," Howie helped them both sit up and kissed her softly. "Just make sure to call me once in awhile."

"I'll call you every night, okay? And I'll definitely get you something because I love you," she answered, accepting the kiss and giving her own teasing kiss.

"I'll look forward to the calls and I love you, too," he chuckled at her teasing nature.

"If you need me, you can call my cell or the hotel... Momma booked us at The Carlyle. But, you know what I'm going to miss the most?" Oriana trailed innocently, slipping onto Howie's hips without any thought. She laughed softy when he automatically leaned back.

"What are you going to miss most?" Howie asked, placing his hands on her hips.

"Your kisses, like I've missed them for the past three days," she explained, leaning down to offer her sweet kisses. She smiled sweetly as she braced her arms at the sides of Howie's head, offering several more enticing kisses, gently biting down on his bottom lip for her own pleasure.

"I've definitely missed your kisses," he agreed enthusiastically before leaning up to give her one of his fiery kisses that always left her breathless.

"Man," she gasped when they finally released each other from the melting embrace. She sat straight up, pressing a hand against her chest to slow her heart. She gasped silently for air, finding herself lightheaded with excitement. It was those kisses that made Oriana yearn for something deeper than their satisfying embraces and loving kisses. She carefully reached over Howie to grab the jeans, sweatpants, tank tops, and t-shirts she had thrown to the side. She grasped her favorite jeans with trembling hands, doing her best to fold them.

"You alright?" Howie asked, watching her hands shake as she folded her clothes.

"You...um... You definitely know how to make me..." Oriana grumbled softly as the jeans bunched in her hands. She threw them down and picked up the other pair. "You're kisses always..." Yet again she failed to fold the jeans, so she reached for the sweatpants instead. "You just make me so..."
Oriana threw the sweatpants down and reached for the t-shirt. "The kiss was..." Oriana chucked the t-shirt for a tank top. "You just really make me..." Oriana grimaced at her uselessness. She screamed quietly in frustration, cramming the clothing deep into the duffle bag without folding it. "Your kisses get me really hot... You know?"

"Ohh... I get it. Baby, that's not a bad thing--"

"Yes it is, because I want it to be special!"

"Sweetheart, I feel the---"

"It's like playing with fire," she groaned, slipping off his hips. She hopped off the side of her bed to reach the vanity table. She grabbed her favorite hair brush and wrapped several scrunchies around it. She then threw the brush, her favorite lip gloss, and her Adidas perfume, her toothbrush, toothpaste, and other necessary items into a small carrying case. She tossed that case into her duffle bag, quickly zipped it up, and threw it toward the door till the morning. "Jezz..."

"How is it like playing with fire?" Howie asked in confusion as he watched her pace around the room, checking various places to make sure she grabbed everything.

"You get drawn to the flame little by little, then you get burned..." Oriana tried to explain, packing her CD player and thick CD holder into her carry-on. She didn't want to admit that she was still scared about the level of their commitment. Since discussing the fact that they both wanted to make love, Oriana's dreams had continued to get more graphic of the repeated raping. Each dream sent just another jolt of insecurity through her body. What if Howie hurt her? What if she wasn't good enough? What if she burst into tears during their moment that was supposed to be bliss? What if she screamed in fright?

“Burned? Ria, I thought we talked about this?" Howie called in confusion, standing up to grasp her shoulders as she flitted by. She jerked a little, but soon relaxed in his arms.

"We did talk about this," she agreed. "And I do want to make love at some point... But I can't help the questions rushing through my mind at given points. Those kisses are so wonderful, Howie, but they scare me, too."

"They scare me a little, too. I've never felt the way I do after we kiss."

"So, you understand?" she asked hopefully, resting a hand against his cheek.

"Of course I understand. It's okay to be scared," he placed his hands on her hips.

"It still feels really good," she promised, leaning to offer a soft kiss.

"Does it ever," he smiled, kissing her again.

"Just none of those huge breath-taking kisses till we're alone and snuggling beneath covers, okay? I have to appear to be semi-normal, right?" she teased softly, bringing her arm around his neck.

"You're always semi-normal," he chuckled, his eyes sparkling before they kissed once more. "I love you, Ria."

"I love you more than you'll ever know," she declared, deciding to offer her own kiss for flavor, allowing her tongue to quickly caress the inside of his mouth before nibbling gently on his bottom lip.

"And you think my kisses are amazing? Damn, Baby. Just nibbling on my lip..." he trailed off with a lopsided smile.

"Yeah, but you don't get knocked over from mine..." she laughed, biting down on her own bottom lip with a faint blush on her cheeks. Never in her life had she been so carefree with her feelings or kisses. Never had she offered so many passionate kisses.

"Maybe I have and I hid it from you," he teased, caressing her cheek.

"Yeah right," she scoffed.

"You doubt me?"

"Maybe I do."

"Maybe I'll just have to kiss you, then..."

"Now you're just teasing..." Oriana trailed, backing up slightly.

"You think so?" Howie raised an eyebrow, moving closer.

"Yes?"

Howie wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. "I'll have to prove you wrong," he leaned down and gave her one of his breath-taking kisses.

Oriana pressed her back tightly against the wall, feeling her knees wobble just from the softest touch of his sweet lips. She felt her eyes flutter close as an intense heat raced down her spine. She pulled Howie down to the floor with her, continuing the kiss with one of her own special blend. He tasted so sweet to her lips and she never wanted to stop this kiss. Her whole body seemed to tremble beneath his powerful hands, making it know that she was Howie's at his will. "Dear God... Thank you..." Oriana breathed as Howie slowly allowed her to pull away.

"Thank you for what?" Howie panted slightly, his heart beating fast. He loved kissing Oriana and wouldn't stop if it was possible.

"Thank...God that I found you..." Oriana whispered, placing her hand against her chest to hold her heart back. She took several deep breaths, closing her eyes. She took a few moments to collect herself, before pushing gently on Howie's shoulder. "Why'd you do that when you know what it does to me? The point was to prove that my kisses knocked you off your feet, not the other way around!"

"I'm not on my feet, am I?" Howie laughed with a smirk, running a hand through her locks.

"Because I pulled you down!"

"Exactly. You did it."

"You're not funny," she grunted, rolling her eyes.

"Yes, I am. And you love me."

"You going to help me pack?"

"Sure."

"Am I saying goodbye tonight?" she asked, standing up from their spot on the floor. Her heart was still continuing to thump hard against her chest. She was almost too sure that Howie could hear it. Her body still warm from the intense kiss.

"Unless you want me to spend the night," he replied, getting to his feet as well.

"But you have classes—"

"I can miss half a day."

"It's your choice..." she trailed, tugging on her baggy t-shirt, surveying her room. It was semi-clean for once in her life, since she had packed most of the items on the floor, which were what she daily used.

"Then I'll stay the night," he tugged on her shirt before turning on her stereo again.

"What are you doing?" she asked in surprise.

"Playing our song."

"What's our song?"

"I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That). I thought maybe we could dance..." Howie trailed off as the music began to play.
"Why?" she asked curiously, loving that Howie had declared one of her favorite Meatloaf songs 'their' song.

"Why is it our song?"

"That and why do you want to dance..."

"Because I think it describes our love so well... and I thought it would be nice to dance with a professional."

"I'm not a professional," she laughed as he drew her close. She affectionately hung her arm loosely against his shoulders, feeling his hands embrace the curves of her hips. She could already feel her body tingle with excitement.

"Either way, you're a great dancer," he replied as they swayed to the music.

"Well, thank you for that..." she answered with a sweet smile, stepping closer into his embrace. She found herself excited about the Homecoming Dance next week. She loved dancing with him. "So... What are you going to do this weekend?"

"Besides miss you like crazy? I don't know... I think my brother and I might go flying or something."

"Flying?"

"Yeah, he got his pilot's license a year ago and works at the Tampa Airport."

"You'll be careful though, right?" Oriana trailed, resting her head against his shoulder, just feeling the beat slowly flow through her body. "Like where do you plan on flying?"

"We'll definitely be careful," Howie ran his hand up and down her back. "I think we're just flying around the Everglades and maybe Key Largo."

"Sounds like fun," she decided, already starting to pray for his safety.

"John is a very good pilot, we'll be okay."

"I trust you," she answered softly.

Howie placed a finger under her chin and made her look into his eyes. "You and Teag be careful, too."

"We're not going to get into any trouble. It's just New York."

"I know. But still, be safe and careful."

"I will," she promised, leaning her head back down on his shoulder. She took a soft breath, before opting to kiss Howie's neck. "If you want, I finally cleaned out the top drawer in my dresser over there... So you could stop by to visit Alex this weekend to make sure he's okay with Brian being here and put some clothes in it?"

"S-Sounds good to me," Howie stammered a little at the kisses on his neck. He was definitely going to check on Alex, especially after the fight during the tux fitting.

"You'll bring your favorite clothes?" she asked innocently, continuing her kisses, never noticing Howie's change.

"Just like you asked me to before," he replied, his fingers trailing up down her back under her shirt.

"And...one more favor before you get seriously close to unsnapping my bra?" she teased softly.

"I wouldn't touch your bra," he chuckled. "What's the favor?"

"I was at Catie and Corey's house today... Their stepfather hit Corey again, so I took them over to their Grandmother's house. Since I have to leave, I gave them your cell phone just in case they're in trouble again. If anything would happen, could you just pick them up from their Grandmother's and bring them here? Momma will understand."

"You can count on me to get them if they need help. You have my word, Baby."

"Thank you," she breathed, still holding onto him as the music finished.

"You know I would do anything for you."

"Yeah... I know... So what do you want from New York?" she asked thankfully, pulling apart.

"Anything would be nice," he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"No hints?"

"Whatever you find would be perfect."

"Guess I'm just going to have to be creative," she sighed dramatically, walking back over to her bed. She glanced at her clock, noticing it was a little after eight in the evening. She flopped down onto her bed, already craving the softness of her pillows. She hadn't slept well this week.
"You wanna hit the sack early, Ria?" he asked, crawling onto the bed and laying next to her.

"Nah, I like your company. I just want to cuddle under the blankets and watch a movie?" she guessed, slipping her hands beneath her t-shirt to free her bra. She hated sleeping with the damn thing on.

"Sounds good to me. Hey, how do you girls get your bras off like that? It's almost like a magic trick!"

"Haven't you ever practiced?" she laughed, tossing it toward him.

"Um... no? Didn't know it was so complicated..." he trailed off, looking down at the hooks and clasps.

"The boys on the team can get them loose with one hand... They've done it during tackles."

"They've WHAT?"

"It's not a big deal... I started wearing sports bras to practice after that," Oriana answered, not wanting Howie to worry. She motioned for him to join her. "You've honestly never taken a bra off a chick?"

"Never gotten that far with anyone, except Christina… But… No, I’ve never honestly taken a bra off a chick," Howie agreed, quickly stripping down to his boxers before climbing into the bed.

"I'd put it on again so you could try---"

"Are you serious?"

"Do I look serious?" she countered in confusion.

"I've never had that offer before."

"Well, I kind of hope you hadn't---"

"Well, yeah, I mean..."

"It was just an offer... Otherwise I'll carry scissors around with me until we decide to make love?" she joked, not understanding why he was so tense. It was just a bra to her. He had seen her in them plenty of times, being lucky or unlucky.

"I just don't want to look like an idiot."

"Then don't worry about it," Oriana answered, kissing his cheek as she reached for the bra still gripped tightly in his hands.

"As long as you're sure," Howie replied as Oriana put her bra back on. "Give me a couple of tips?"

"Unhook the back?"

"Is there a trick to do it?"

"Just pull the ends together and pull up to unhook the clasps?"

"Alright," Howie bit his lip slightly before wrapping his arms around her. His hands gently traced under her shirt until he reached her bra.

"Don't even worry about it, Babe," Oriana called softly, feeling his hands tremble. She carefully ran her fingers through his locks to calm his ever-growing nerves. She actually enjoyed the feeling of his fingers against her skin. Never had she been so open within a relationship.

Finally grasping the clasp, Howie followed the directions she gave him and gasped with surprise as it easily unhooked. "I... I did it."

"See? Not that hard," she laughed softly, feeling him pull it free beneath her shirt.

"No, not really," his voice dropped and his cheeks blushed as he felt one of his hands brush across her breast.

"Okay...that might have been a little hard..." she trailed, her breast burning from the simple stroke.

"Sorry," he mumbled, running his hands through his curls before placing her bra on the floor.

"Hey... Babe, don't worry about it," Oriana called quickly, noticing the embarrassment heating his cheeks and the feeling of stupidity clouding his eyes. She leaned over in the bed to grasp his chin. "It's just a boob, right?" she asked, just wanting him to laugh.

"Yeah, that's true. You girls call them boobs? I thought that was a guy thing," he laughed a little.

"Not all girls call them boobs, I think I do... Just wait, the feminist group might be out and tampon me or something," she laughed, kissing him gently. "Do you want to watch the movie now?"

He nodded gratefully at the subject change. "What movie?"

"28 Days Later..." she trailed, leaning over her side of the bed to grab her TV remote and her DVD remote. She then snuggled down in her blankets, flicking off her lamp, and turning on the TV. She glanced over to notice Howie was still stiffened from his accidental brushing. "Going to cuddle?"

"Cuddling commencing..." he climbed under the covers and wrapped his arms around her. He wanted to spend as much time as he could with Oriana "Now."