- Text Size +
Chapter 43 – Welcome Home

"Mom! Ma! We're home!" Teagan called as she and Oriana walked into the house with their luggage and bags of presents. "Ooh, I'm craving homemade food so bad."

"Please, I'm on a strict fruit and salad diet till Wednesday when I have to carbo load," Oriana interjected, gently laying her bags of presents to the side. She heard two loud squeals and immediately pitched her duffle bag to the floor. She watched Teagan rush forward to Marie, giving her a gigantic kiss. Oriana shrugged her shoulders as her own mother rushed forward, enveloping her in a tight bear hug. "Hi, Momma!"

"Hi, Baby! How was New York?" Cassandra enthused, kissing Oriana's cheeks. "You both behaved and didn't get banned from anywhere, right?"

"Banned... Actually, we got a chance to come back and dance for that topless club—"

"You are doing no such thing!"

"Kidding, Momma. Jezz," Oriana answered, kissing her mother's cheek affectionately as Teagan grabbed all the bags of presents and dove onto the one couch with her mother. Oriana lead her own mother to the other set of couches, sitting down. She was still exhausted from the airplane ride. "How was everything here, Momma, Moms?"

"Everything was just fine, like always. We all missed you two like crazy, though!" Marie replied, kissing Teagan's forehead as she was handed two gifts.

"You guys didn't go shopping for us," Cassandra scolded as she was handed her own gift.

"We went shopping for everyone, including ourselves," Oriana interjected before either mother could complain. She propped her graceful legs into her mother's lap, pointing to the larger gift. "Moms, open that one first!"

Marie shook her head as she unwrapped the gift. "You two are unbelieve—oh my God! Teagan Gabrielle! Oriana Ryan!"

"You like it, Mom?" Teagan snickered.

"Moms, I stood right there in our front beach lawn thing that we were planning on getting arrested," Oriana continued as Marie showed Cassandra the gift. Sure enough, Oriana had gotten the picture of the girls in the old fashioned jail cell with a cute guard between them. The girls were affectionately kissing the handsome guard's cheeks as he handcuffed them together. The frame was decorated with police cars and Oriana had even managed to find a sticker to place above their smiling faces with the caption - DAMN THAT WAS FUN!

"You two are going to be the death of us. You know that, right?" Cassandra shook her head, trying not to smile as she handed back the picture.

"But you both love us!" Teagan and Oriana replied with innocent grins.

"That's why you're going to be the death of us," Marie reminded, placing the frame back in the box. Truth be told, she couldn't wait to place it on the fireplace mantel for display with the other pictures of the girls.

"Next present!" Teagan chimed.

"Teag, Sweetie, this is more than enough--"

"Hush now and open your next present."

"You're lucky you just came home," Marie muttered as her daughter kissed her cheek before taking the other gift.

"Oh please, Moms, she gets away with everything," Oriana groaned as Marie gushed a squeal, freeing the bracelet from the bed of velvet. She shrieked yet again, throwing her arms around Teagan as she admired each Nurse-directed charm glittering beneath the light.

"This is absolutely beautiful! Thank you!" Marie enthused, kissing Teagan's cheeks.

"You're welcome, Mom," Teagan giggled.

"Okay, Cass. It's your turn!"

"Mine?" Cassandra asked, grasping the box.

"Wait!" Oriana yelped. "Before you open this thing, it was not my idea. I was forced into this... And no way in Hell am I insinuating for you to do anything with this."

"It was mine!" Teagan chirped as she cuddled with Marie.

"Exactly, her idea," Oriana repeated as her mother tore through the paper. She closed her eyes when she heard the rustling of tissue paper and a gigantic squeal. She jumped as she opened her eyes, watching Cassandra stand up to hold the light blue bustier to her womanly figure. "Oh, God, Momma, no!"

"This is going to be perfect for the wedding! Now I have the something blue! Marie, look at this! This is exactly what I would have gotten!" Cassandra gushed happily.

"Make the horror stop!" Oriana cried with a painful moan of the dead, collapsing onto the couch and covering her head with the throw pillow.

"I've heard worse!" Teagan laughed, remembering things about her mother's past boyfriends that she didn't want to know.

"Did Riana pick out the one with the little hearts?" Cassandra cooed, sitting down on the couch to rub her daughter's back. She definitely knew how to press her daughter's buttons. "I bet she picked out this really sexy one for my wedding night..."

"Where's Kevin?" Oriana blurted, launching herself off the couch.

"He's up in the studio. Why?"

"Because I really don't need to know about my mother's sex life and I need to talk to him about something," Oriana answered, reaching down to snatch her bag with the remaining gifts she had purchased. She quickly kissed both of the mothers' cheeks before racing up the stairs. "Love you guys! Great to be home!"

"Kevin said she was the one to bring up adoption," Cassandra confided with a flushed smile, gently folding the bustier back into the box. She stood up to kiss Teagan's forehead.

"They're really getting close. I knew it just took time," Marie replied as Teagan smiled.

"You like the bustier, Ma?"

"It's gorgeous. Kevin's going to be so thrilled," Cassandra approved.

"I think Riana's scarred for life after going into Victoria's Secret, but it was worth it."

"I shouldn't have dressed her in all that pink as a baby. I mean, goodness, she was a blonde hair, blue-green eyed baby girl. What was I supposed to do?" Cassandra laughed.

"I'm trying to make her more girly! It's hard work, but someone's gotta do it--"

"CASSANDRA? IS TEAGAN BACK YET?" Brian called loudly as the front door slammed shut. He glanced into the living room and his eyes lit with joy. Teagan squealed, snatching her remaining bag as she stood up. Brian quickly rushed forward and scooped Teagan into his arms, delivering several kisses to her cheeks as he rushed up the stairs.

"I knew that was going to happen... These girls can't even spend more than a half hour with us," Marie sighed.

"It'll be okay," Cassandra enthused, helping Marie off the couch.

"You're only saying that so I'll go into the kitchen and help finish wedding plans."

"True..."

*~*~*


"I missed you so much!" Brian growled as he gently tossed Teagan onto the bed. He smiled ruefully as he jumped onto the bed, gently pinning her beneath him. He delivered several kisses to her sweet neck, just wanting to touch and feel her. "I love you, Teagan Gabrielle. You're not allowed to leave...ever again!"

"I love you, too! I'm never leaving, I promise!" Teagan giggled as she wrapped her arms around him. She didn't realize until then how much she truly missed Brian and didn't want him to be out of her sight. "If I ever have to go somewhere, you're coming with me."

"Likewise if I have to go anywhere," Brian breathed, continuing to kiss her neck as he lay against her. He loved the warmth and unique sweet smell of her skin. He ran his hand against her shoulder, trailing the kisses to her collar bone. "I love you so damn much. We're going to have to go to college together or near each other."

"I would love that," Teagan whispered, running her hands through his sandy blonde locks as she smelled his intoxicating cologne. "I don't think I could go to school in Minnesota and not be near you."

"We'll plan everything out in due time."

"Until then, I have presents for you."

"Presents?" Brian asked with a teasing groan, feeling her slip from beneath him. He pitched forward onto his UK pillows, burying his face for a few moments. He then felt her hands slide up his shirt, so he quickly turned onto his back so she could sit on his hips.

"Open this one first," she handed him a medium sized box.

"Okay," he answered, taking the medium sized box. He carefully opened the packaged item and smiled softly when he freed the necklace from the velvet cushion. He held it up for inspection, nodding yet again with approval. It was a simple silver chain with an extremely detailed silver cross. "It's beautiful."

"I know I buy you a lot of jewelry, but it was just the right cross for you and your faith. I had to get it," Teagan smiled. "You like it?"

"Yeah, looks like the kind of cross I want to tattoo on my arm."

"You want a tattoo? I didn't know that."

"Yeah, a cross with rocks on my right shoulder," Brian approved. "Figuring all the little emblems you have on your sweet skin. I have to match right?"

"My tattooed Baby," she cooed with a nod, leaning down to kiss him. "There's more in that box."

"Okay," he answered, opening the second box. He smiled softly as he freed the frame from the box, memories quickly washing over him. It was a framed version of their first photograph together at the foolish picture booth in the mall. Teagan had it blown up larger and settled into a frame decorated with tiny footballs and music notes. He smiled at the goofy pose, Teagan nestled on his lap as he tugged on her ears and she stuck out her tongue while pulling on his ears. "It's perfect, Baby. Thanks."

"You're welcome. But I've got one more present," she grinned, climbing off his hips. She grabbed the larger box and ran into the bathroom to change. "Lock your door, please!"

"Okay!" Brian hooted, knowing it was something naughty. He launched himself off the bed and ran to his door. He practically bowled into it as he slammed it shut and locked it quickly. He then hurled himself back into the bed, signaling to his bathroom door. "Come to Papa!"

Teagan poked her head out the door, laughing. "A little eager to see your next present?"

"You heard that?" he murmured with a blush.

"Teagan sees all and hears all."

"Well, damn," Brian whistled, "COME TO PAPA!"

"Horny little Devil," Teagan shook her head with a laugh as she stepped out, clad in the teddy she picked out at Victoria's Secret.

"Kinky Little Teas---HOLY HELL!" Brian whooped in absolutely delight, falling onto his back in shock. His light blue eyes wide in absolute disbelief at her gorgeous sex appeal. The black portion of the see-through teddy seemed to explain everything about her delicate features, yet the thick hot pink across her bustline and skimpy bikini line gave him just a little peek of temptation. He could already feel his temperature rise as she ran her hands through her short dark locks, sauntering to him with a swish of her hips. "Do...we...damn, Baby, you're beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it," Teagan gave a crooked smile, happy with his reaction. She reached his bed and straddled his hips again. "Thought I would wear this under my Homecoming and Prom Dresses."

"Dear Lord, I get to see it two more times?" Brian wheezed with happiness.

"Yes, you do. And any other time you wanna see it, because this thing is really comfortable."

"You can wear it any damn time you want a do a strip show for me," Brian murmured, acting noble.

"Which would be... hmm, almost every damn night," Teagan laughed, her fingers trailing along Brian's jaw.

"I think I can manage," he offered, snatching her hand to offer kisses.

"I... missed... you... so... much..." she whispered between kisses.

"I missed you twice as much," he promised, pulling her down.

"I missed you...thrice as much..." she breathed.

"Thrice?" Brian chuckled, clasping her face in his hands.

"I don't have to make sense when you're kissing me!"

"Just remember that when it comes to you strip dancing for me."

*~*~*


Oriana quickly visited her room just to drop off her bag of presents. She took a few moments to pull out the gift wrapped present for Kevin. She felt her nerves bundle tightly within her stomach as she crossed the hallway toward Kevin's studio. She took a deep breath, hearing him singing softly. She let her hand stop just before tapping on the door, listening to his deep voice profess the love in his heart. She almost didn't want to interrupt such beautiful singing. And after listening to him sing for a couple more minutes, Oriana knocked on the door when she thought was a pause in the song.

The door opened and Kevin smiled brightly. "Oriana! You're home! How was New York?"

"I didn't interrupt you, did I?" Oriana immediately blurted, only able to think of the other boyfriends. She remembered getting strongly backhanded for interrupting a favorite commercial. Her jaw had been close to breaking and she had to tell her mother that the bloody nose was from accidentally running into the door.

"No, of course not. Come in, tell me all that happened," he opened the door to let her in.

"You're sure?" she asked just for a final clarification, standing at the threshold of the studio.

"I'm positive. You can come in, you know."

"I just... Sorry," she whispered, finally stepping into the room.

"You don't have to apologize," he walked over to the couch and sat down. He patted the piano bench right next to it. "Make yourself at home. Well, it is your home, but you know what I mean."

"This is your official room, though," she answered, making sure to keep the door open just in case. She carefully crossed the quarters, seating herself at the piano bench. She gently laid the gift by her side, slumping down on the bench.

"It's still a part of your home. Did you and Teag have fun in New York?"

"It was a lot of fun," Oriana answered, noticing his swift move at switching subjects. She smiled softly at the thought of her new memories. "New York was a complete blast, actually. The Carlyle was so beautiful..."

"I was there with my friend Jason back in college, and it was a lot of fun. What was your favorite site there?"

"Freaktorium, hands down."

"Your mom told me about that place, I should have known that would be your favorite. What else did you do?" Kevin asked, glad she was opening up to him.

"Um... Prom dress shopping, actual shopping, causing trouble at the hotel, sight seeing... Then Momma had us go to the Spa. Freaking laid in a mud pie for an hour. I could have done that at home for no money!" Oriana explained, crinkling her nose in distaste. "Though it made great fart noises when you squeezed it between your hands..."

"As much as I'd love to hear about these fart noises that medicinal mud makes, prom dresses and you have more appeal. So, how'd that go?" Kevin asked, liking the smooth interaction between himself and Oriana. He found it heart warming to know that she would be his own daughter in a few days.

"This will blow your mind. Not just prom dresses, but homecoming dresses too..." Oriana volunteered, rolling her eyes. "I actually picked two out if that's what you're asking."

"TWO dresses? Wow, I'll bet you look beautiful in them. Your mom told me how great the Maid Of Honor dress looked on you, so I know the dresses you picked out will be perfect," Kevin complimented.

"Momma was probably talking about Teagan."

"She did talk about Teagan, but she also talked about you."

"You must have mixed up the conversations."

"It's hard for you to take compliments if they don't involves sports, isn't it?"

"Well, with me as your soon to be stepfather and Howie as your boyfriend, you need to learn how to accept and believe them. Because you are one amazing girl, and I just wish you could see that."

"Um..." Oriana really didn't know what to say. She stared at Kevin for a long moment, feeling her cheeks redden with an uncomfortable blush. She glanced down at her cast, resisting the urge to groan at the bellboy's signature. She quickly glanced up. "Tell you what; you still believe in all this stuff come Homecoming and you actually like the dress I picked out, I'll let you do the father-daughter stuff of taking the first Homecoming pictures..." Oriana's jaw slightly unhinged at what she said. The word father-daughter just completely foreign in her vocabulary. "I mean—"

"I would love to take the pictures," Kevin interrupted. He knew it was odd for her to have a father figure, and didn't want her to be uncomfortable. "Because your mom will be crying too much."

"Oh, yeah," Oriana groaned, sitting back against the bench. "Dance recital is the same night, maybe I can swing getting ready in the Hummer..."

"I think she would like to see you in the dress," he chuckled.

"I could get ready in the Hummer—"

"We would both like to see you and Howie dressed for the dance."

"But her crying?" Oriana moaned.

"I'll make sure it won't take long, okay?"

"Her crying or the pictures?" Oriana asked wryly, causing Kevin to chuckle with amusement. Oriana shrugged her shoulders innocently, glancing around yet again at all his pictures. "If we get a really good one... Would you put it up on your wall?"

"You're going to be my daughter, of course it will be up on the wall," Kevin replied with a sincere smile.

"Oh... Are you going to the dance recital?" she asked again, fingering the bow on the package. She still hadn't worked the nerve to give Kevin the present. Everything was so fragile around them.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I've heard that you're a very talented dancer," he answered, noticing the box next to Oriana.

"Momma again?"

"Your mom, Teagan, Marie and Howie."

"Guess I have a lot of hype to live up to?"

"You'll do great," he finally nodded towards the package. "What's that you got?"

"Oh!" Oriana groaned, reaching to pick up the package with her good hand. She offered it toward him with a shy smile, not really knowing what to say. "I just... Figured I had to return the favor for the necklace."

"Oriana... you didn't have to," Kevin replied, a little shocked as he took the gift. "I gave you money to spend on yourself."

"I did spend that money on myself, but I took my own money along. The money I worked at the clinic for," Oriana explained, blushing furiously. "Like I said, just to hit you back for the necklace."

"I'm sure this is going to be an amazing present," he unwrapped the present and opened it. His mouth dropped open as he pulled out the songbook. "Oh wow... Oriana, this is absolutely beautiful!"

"It...um..." Oriana bit down hard on her bottom lip as Kevin ran his fingers over the engraved front. "I got the music sheets inside personalized and everything, but you can add the ones you were already using in the back... I mean... You know, just a present for the necklace, right?"

"It's the best present anyone could ever give me. Thank you so much," Kevin blinked back a few tears. He was so touched at the simple gift from a girl who had refused to even talk to him a month ago.

"You're welcome," she answered, standing up awkwardly.

He stood up as well, placing the book on his desk. "I'm glad you had fun in New York, and thank you again for the gift. I'll use it all the time."

"You don't have to if you don't want to..." Oriana found her words dropping from the large cliff in her heart as he plucked the wedding song from its worn binder, adding it to the new book.

"But I do want to. You've inspired me with the song for the wedding, you gave me personalized sheet music with a personalized binder... I really appreciate it all."

"So... You're really pleased with the wedding song then?"

"It's perfect. Have you considered singing with me?"

"Are you sure you want me to?" Oriana asked quickly, slightly hoping he had changed his mind. She had spent an entire night thinking of the possibilities. She wanted to be closer to Kevin, but was almost too afraid of the fire.

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life. It would be a real treat for you to sing with me. I know you have a worth-while voice... Wait, beautiful voice is more like it. Your mom would be so pleased to see us together. It's something that I'd like to do as the first day of being father and daughter..." Kevin encouraged, just praying she'd say yes.

"I'd like that too," she mumbled softly.

"What'd you say?"

"I... I'd like to sing with you..."

"Really? You would?"

"Yeah."

"That's great!" he smiled happily, hugging her without even thinking about it.

"Um... Kevin?" Oriana squeaked, feeling herself being lifted from the ground.

"Oops! Sorry, Oriana. Got a little carried away," Kevin blushed, setting her back down on the ground.

"It's okay... I'm excited about singing with you, too," she offered, stepping back from his bear hug. The man was huge compared to Oriana's stature, though, she was sure she could at least tackle him in football practice.

"I'm just glad we're talking now. It's nice."

"Yeah, it is... listen, I have to go see Alex and Howie--"

"Oh, sure! I'm sorry. Go and visit them, have fun. If you want to come back later and look over the song, my door is always open for you."

"Thanks, Kevin," she called softly with a nod, making plans to at least stop by later in the afternoon to see what she would sound like him. She carefully backed out of the room as Kevin went back to looking over the new music book. She smiled proudly at what she had accomplished, never noticing Alex and Howie behind her till she bumped against Alex. She turned around in surprise, her eyes lighting when she saw Alex. "Jamie!" she called gleefully, enveloping Alex in a friendly hug.

"Hey, Ry! How was New York?" Alex replied happily, hugging her tightly.

"Freaking kick ass monkey balls!" Oriana blurted without thought, affectionately kissing his cheek as she hugged him yet again.

"I guess that's good," he laughed.

"Okay, okay, it was seriously killer. How about that?"

"Better. Get anything for me?"

"Don't you know it. C'mere," Oriana enthused further, tugging on Alex's hand. Howie shrugged his shoulders as Alex threw him a surprised look. Both boys following closely into Oriana's room. She jumped onto her bed, reaching into the bag to pull out two gifts. She tossed them toward him. "Knock yourself out, Jamie."

"Holy... thanks, Ry!" he replied, kissing her cheek. "I'll go open them in my room. You and Howie still need that reuniting moment."

"Are you sure?" Oriana asked in surprise.

"Definitely. I'll come and interrupt later. Thanks again!" Alex ran across the hall to his room.

"Welcome...?" Oriana called in confusion as Alex quickly shut her door then his own. She arched her honey blonde brows to Howie with question, offering a wry smile. "Hey, Baby. How was school?"

"Really boring not seeing you between classes," Howie replied, walking over and wrapping his arms around her. "I hear you had a lot of fun in New York."

"Really? Who told you that?" she teased softly, wrapping her cast arm around his neck so he couldn't see the bellboy's signature. She allowed their foreheads to connect as they stood intertwined, just the touch of their bodies beneath clothing sent shivers of delight down her spine. She had missed him.

"A little bird named Ria," he smiled, leaning down to kiss her gently. "I missed you so much."

"I didn't think I'd miss you as much as I did," Oriana confessed, accepting the sweetly sentimental kiss. She gently pushed him backward so he was sitting on the bed and she was still standing. She almost thought about throwing him on the bed and professing her need to be connected with him as one. She affectionately ran her hand against his cheek, however, glancing down at him from her stance in front of him.

"I'm just one of those people you miss a lot," Howie teased with a smile, placing his hands on her hips.

"I missed you like crazy," she agreed as he glanced up at her. Immediately she realized her mistake, so she sat herself in his lap. "Though, I'm starting to think you might like talking to my boobs more than my face."

"Nah, that would just be if you're not listening to me. At least I would have someone to talk to," he laughed.

"With the way they grew, it'd be more like four someone's to talk to," she joked, nestling her head against her shoulder, noticing how perfectly she fit inside his arms.

"That's true, too," he kissed her forehead, just enjoying the feeling of her in his arms.

"Somehow it seems really kinky when you talk about it---"

"With us, anything's kinky."

"True..." Oriana answered with a roll of her eyes, pulling away from his lap. She took a deep breath to calm her raging emotions, quickly reminding herself that Howie wanted the time to be special. She slowly felt herself wind down as she settled on the side of the bed beside Howie. She motioned toward the bag. "The remaining three in there are for you, Baby. Then you have another one that's hopefully for later..."

"Baby, you didn't have to," Howie replied with a smile as he grabbed the three gifts. "Do you want me to open the one that's for later?"

"That one is...in my duffle bag..." she answered, pointing toward her ADIDAS duffle bag in the corner. “Knock yourself out with these first and I'll think about that other one..."

"Oh, alright. That's okay, too," he kissed her once more before opening up the first one.

Oriana quickly drew her knees up beneath her, watching Howie carefully tear into the paper. She smiled softly when he freed the silk boxers. She had bought herself a pair, only instead of Howie's red apple print, she had gotten the green apple print. Still, the words printed along the butt were the same: Cute Apples. She felt herself blush just as she had with Teagan. "I know you said you'd make your own dresser drawer over here and if you want to keep them here it's fine, or wear them around your house, or you can give them back, I got myself a pair..." she rambled.

"No way, I love them. They'll stay here in my drawer," he promised with a bright smile, placing them on his lap. "Thank you!"

"You're serious? You like them?"

"I like them a lot," he kissed her cheek before grabbing the next one.

Oriana sighed with relief, leaning back amongst the pillows at the bottle of her ruffled bed. She smiled as Howie plucked two edible massage oils from the bag, causing him to glance at her with wonder. "This family is always raving that I give killer massages and I felt bad about the whole bellboy and towel boy incident, so I bought those. There's Cherry-licious and Passion Fruit. I figured I could use them on you or you could use them on me, which ever you want..."

"I didn't know you were into massage oils... but I would definitely like to try it out. I don't think I've had one of your massages yet," Howie replied.

"Momma bought me this whole case of them one time, because I had such an interest in it with being a doctor... Now every time Momma's stressed she flops down on my bed for a massage. She loves them, so I guess they're good. But like I said before, we don't have to---"

"I do want to."

"I'm not thinking it's turning into sex or anything, I just like trying out massages--"

"I know, I didn't think that either."

"Okay..." she trailed, blushing furiously. She felt like such an idiot in front of him sometimes. He had a way of making her flustered. She always had to cover her tail around him.

"Hey, no need to be embarrassed," he kissed her gently before opening the third one.

Oriana mustered some kind of nod with her head, realizing that this was the most important gift of all. She found herself holding her breath as Howie pulled up the black leather guitar strap. She loved it so much, but only hoped that Howie felt the same. It was her most daring gift given from the heart, besides Kevin's music book. She watched him study the guitar strap imprinting of ‘H.D. & O.R., 09-07-04' amongst the Celtic knots that Oriana hoped remembered him of their pledge for undying love. He was quiet for several moments, however, startling Oriana. "You don't like it?" she finally asked, swallowing hard.

"How can I not like it? Riana... no one has done this for me before, and I don't know what to say. You even remembered the date when we first kissed... this is an amazing gift," Howie placed the strap carefully in the box before bringing her into his arms once more. He kissed her deeply, showing her his love and gratefulness. "Thank you so, so much. I love you."

"How could I not remember when we first kissed? It was the greatest birthday of my life," she whispered when she pulled back from his kiss. Her hands were already trembling from the beautiful kiss. She couldn't seem to control her emotions behind the mask like she did so many years before when he kissed her or even talked to her.

"Greatest day of my life, too," he replied, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Awe, Howie, I'm glad you like your gifts," Oriana soothed, running her fingers down the side of his face.

"I love your gifts."

"Good," she laughed softly, kissing his forehead several times. She allowed herself to lean back on the bed, causing them to topple against one another. She rolled her eyes as Howie cuddled against her chest, closing his eyes with utter contentment. "You okay, Baby?"

"Just loving being here with you. It was so lonely while you were in New York," Howie replied, wrapping his arms around her.

"I thought you had Jamie," Oriana teased softly, running her fingers through his hair then down his back. She assumed he hadn't slept much that previous night and school had been exhausting, because he almost looked like he was ready to fall asleep.

"Yeah, that helped a lot. He's one of my best friends, but he can drive me nuts," Howie chuckled a little, feeling his body relax even more.

"Well, I'm here now," she answered, hearing him sigh softly. "Rough night or what, Baby?"

"I just couldn't sleep while you were gone..."

"Why?"

"We've slept in the same bed for so long, it doesn't feel right without you."

"Well, what do you do when your home with your family for the week and I'm here?" she asked, running her fingers lightly against his back. Howie was acting as if they were married and Oriana found it adorable.

"Miss you like crazy?"

"You have to sleep, though, right?"

"Well, yeah, I sleep. Just not as well."

"What if I give you one of my pillows to take home?" Oriana suggested.

"Really? Could I have one?"

"If it's going to help you sleep, yeah."

"Can I have your favorite pillow? Since you get to have my favorite outfit?"

"Now wait a damn minute. My favorite pillow?" she whimpered, pulling her hand away from Howie's back. She traced her fingers along her favorite pillow tucked behind her head. She had that pillow for what seemed like forever and finally had it broken into a perfect plush. She was about to say no, till she glanced down into Howie's soft brown eyes. The word quickly crumpled at her heart and she nodded. "Sure, my favorite pillow."

"Thank you, Baby," he leaned up and kissed her pouting lips.

"You're welcome, but if I ever spend the night at your house, it's mine."

"It'll be yours, I promise."

"Good," she sighed, allowing her hand to drift to his back again. She carefully tugged on his t-shirt to expose his bare back, allowing her fingers to trace against his warm skin. "So, do you want to take a nap and worry about the other present later, Baby?"

"I'm up for a nap if—" he yawned softly. "if you are."

"I'm dying to sleep. That plane ride killed me," she admitted, reaching over to grasp the blanket her mother had crochet for her.

"Then let's take a nap. Do I have to move?"

Oriana glanced down to see Howie nestled perfectly against her chest with his arms resting against her stomach. She figured he didn't want to move because he was so exhausted. She smiled softly, draping the blanket over both of them. "No, you don't have to move if you don't want."

Howie cuddled even closer to her, singing softly. "The smell of your skin/ The taste of your kiss/ The way you whisper in the dark/ Your hair all around me/ Baby you surround me/ You touch every place in my heart/ Oh it feels like the first time every time/ I wanna spend the whole night in your eyes."