- Text Size +
"Autumn?" he repeated. "Is that really you?"
"I don't have long, I can feel her coming back, you must get out, don't let her become a killer. Don't let her make us both killers."

Nick started unbelieving at Autumn he watched her legs cross and her mannerisms return to those of Harmony.

"What the hell is going on here?" He yelled. "What is with you?"

Harmony smiled. "I see Autumn couldn't stay quiet." She snickered carefully. "I told you about that accident long ago, didn't I? Well, my whole family was taken from me that day. My whole family, my mother, my father and my twin sister Autumn. On that day they all died and I was left alone to fend for myself."

Nick gaped at her, "But Autumn lives here, I've seen her, I've heard her… I've, I've…"

"You've had sex with her?" This time Harmony laughed loudly. "Ever wonder why you really couldn't tell much of a difference between us? Ever wonder why you never saw us at the same time?"

Nick gulped back any reaction. "Multiple personalities?" He heard about them, but he never met anyone with them, he started to assume that it really didn't exist.

"I don't know why I felt I needed her here, maybe because I was alone; maybe their accident left me traumatic. Anyway, she came and I've had someone to talk with since."

"All those times she was in town?"

"She never went to town; I always went late at night while you slept."

"Why did she keep me here, why did she use me? Why did she drag me back if she didn't want me here?"

"Because she wanted to placate me. Now the using you was a way for me to 'experience' you without losing my innocence. She became the slut so I could maintain my virginal ways and make more of an impression on you. She made you come back to town because once you got out; she knew they would come for me for kidnapping you. If I go to jail, she goes too, you get the point?"

"All those times Autumn acted the way she did?"

"Was to make sure I didn't do anything harsh to myself."

Nick started to think about his past months with these girls, with this girl. It was true, he never saw them together, and he only heard shouts from his room. Harmony always left him when she heard some small noise implying Autumn's return; he never heard a noise himself. And the cut on her hand, it was the same hand. He assumed that they both tried to clean up the broken dishes and cut themselves.

"Why did Autumn act so harshly towards me? Was that part of your plot to make me love you Harmony?"

Harmony shrugged at this point. "To keep herself from liking you? I really don't know that answer, some things she's done she's managed to keep secret from me."

"What's going to happen now, now that I know who I am?"

"Like I said, I can't let you leave. You might tell someone and where would that leave me and Autumn?"

"I promise never to tell anyone, you can continue living here; continue being here with your sister."

"I don't think so Nick." She finished her statement and turned to leave the room. "I will be back; I need you to write a suicide note now that people have seen you around." She turned to look at him apologetically, for a brief moment he thought she was in her right mind and would let him live.

"I'm so sorry you couldn't handle the pressures of fame." She grinned evilly at him slamming the door closed and locking it behind her.

He stared at the door in disbelief. The woman he fell in love with was the reason he was here and the reason behind his amnesia. The woman he thought he knew so well was going to find a way to kill him. The one he thought he had to worry about had no part of him being here, only kept him here to protect both the girls who shared one body.

Quickly the door sprang open causing Nick to jump. "Which one are you now?"

"It's Autumn. Listen Nick I don't have much time, she keeps getting stronger and I can't seem to get through. I've seen her plans; you need to leave however you can."

"You don't think I know that? How am I supposed to leave?"

"There is a secret exit in here; I've managed to keep it from her for all these years. Don't ask me why I thought I needed it, it's not like I can't go anywhere without her." She chuckled uneasily. "Anyway, you need to go now, I don't know how much longer it will take her to prepare." Autumn twitched her head to the side. "I have to go, please hurry, it's in the bathroom."

Just as quickly as the door opened it was closed again and Autumn was gone. Nick shook his head, unable to comprehend the situation fully. He bolted off the bed, made his way into the bathroom, and started to look for any kind of sign of an opening in the floor or the wall.

In what seemed like forever of searching he found to faint lines coming up from behind the toilet.

"Great," he mumbled. "Now I have to climb over the john for freedom." He shook his head sadly at his circumstance. The cracks were painted over so they would pry open easily. He sat on the toilet and thought for a moment at what to do next. Creaking footsteps made his heart stop, he turned his head towards the door, beads of anxious sweat rolling down his temple.