- Text Size +
Harmony wanted to go watch Nick sleep, she liked to watch him sleep, but she did not dare go into Autumn's room. Harmony wondered why Autumn never let her go anywhere or do anything, she was beginning to feel trapped. She was beginning to wonder if the people in town thought she was dead since Autumn did all the shopping and was always the one to go to town when anything was needed. Harmony longed to show up in town one day and show everyone that she was still around. It wasn't always this way. Harmony remembered when she would be the one to go into town or even when she and Autumn both made the venture together. Those were the days Harmony liked to remember, when they were all together; Mama, Papa, Autumn, Raymond and herself. During this time, Autumn also had a beau named Bill as well. Those days had passed, Mama and Papa had long since passed away and Raymond moved away and had his own family. Harmony had no idea what happened to Bill and Autumn's plans to wed, but ever since the accident they haven't been together.
The accident was something that Harmony tried to forget. She had lost her mother and father that day and could only thank God her sister had not been taken as well. She shuddered as she remembered broken glass and screams of pain.

"Harmony are you thinking about it again?" the voice of her sister brought her back to reality.

"No, I was just thinking of what to make for breakfast." she replied while grabbing a spoon to show her sister she meant what she said.

Autumn turned towards the refridgerator to grab some juice. "That guy we found is sure attractive. I am going to make sure he wants me before too long."

Harmony couldn't help looking let down. If both she and her sister wanted him, her sister would most definately win. Harmony did find the stranger attractive, but since her sister just laid claim, there was nothing that she could do to win his affections. A guy was certainly not the reason to cause friction between two sisters, so Harmony would rather let her sister win then fight over him with her.

Autumn turned back towards her sister and with a sly grin said, "He has the cutest little mole right below..."

"...what would you like for breakfast Autumn?" Harmony interrupted.

"Just make something, I'll eat it, you know me." Harmony watched as her sister sashayed out of the room and back towards her room, now noticing that she had two cups of juice in her hand. A look of disappointment came over her face as she turned toward the cubbards to prepare breakfast for the three of them.

*****

Autumn couldn't contain her laughter when she was far enough away from the kitchen. Her sister could be such a nitwit sometimes and she made sure to take every advantage of her naivety. Sure she loved her sister extremly, but living in the middle of nowhere made Autumn restless at times and the only person to keep her entertained for so long was her sister. Now, though, she had a new plaything, this Nick Carter boy would make a great playmate her for.

She bumped opened the door with the side of her hip and walked in her room. "Rise and shine." She said loudly as she placed the juice glasses down on her wicker table and threw open the shades. "It's a beautiful morning and there is lots to do and you have to earn your keep buddy."

Autumn watched as Nick rubbed his eyes awake and smirked at him when he realized that he was not dressed. "How did this happen?" He asked her confused.

"I thought you might get a little hot in here during the night, especially since it's summer and you were sharing a bed with me. So I did you the curtesy of undressing you while you slept. It was no trouble really, there is no need to thank me." She turned her back towards him so that she could allow him to find his pants again without her eyes watching his every move. She knew he would feel more secure this way even though she had seen it all the night before.

She grabbed the glasses of juice she had set down and moved to where she was across from him. He was still shirtless when she handed him the glass of juice. "Here's to today." She said as she held up her glass for a toast. Uncertain as to what to do, Nick clinked his glass against hers and watched as she started to drink it down, this was his clue to do the same.