- Text Size +
The sun was beating down upon his back as he pulled a weed from what he guessed was the flower garden. He hadn't seen any flowers yet, only weeds, and he began to wonder if there were flowers planted here or if that Autumn girl just wanted to watch him work up a sweat. He tossed the weed aside in the pile he had made over time and stood up straight, wiping his brow.
"Nick, I'm going inside to relax. It's too hot out here for me, I'll be back in a couple of hours to see if you have finished yet." With that she stood up off her lawn chair and waltzed inside.

Nick stood watching the doorway she entered with disbelief. She was going to treat him like a servant, or worse yet, a slave. He rubbed his eyes and then turned back to his task at hand. With no memory as to who he was or have any clue as to where he was he was pretty much in these girls hands for help, he had to show them he was grateful. Doing this kind of work wasn't that tough, just tedious. Nick got back down on his knees and grabbed another weed and began to tug at it.

Forever seemed to pass while he jerked the weeds out of the ground. He leaned back to sit down to rest noticing a shadow hover above him.

"I'm sorry Autumn, I'll finish this soon I promise." Nick stammered.

"Nick, I'm Harmony." She smiled down at him then moving to the side, took a seat next to him.

"I'm sorry, you two look so similiar, I bet you get that all the time though. You know, people confusing you."

"Well we are identical twins. I'm used to it, but Autumn gets frustrated with it. Ever since we were little she would get terribly upset when people would call her by my name. She is such an individual person, I think that's why it bothered her to have someone elses face. We are the best of friends though."

"I'm surprised you sat down with me, you seemed to be frightened of me earlier."

"Well a strange man in my house, what do you expect of me?" Taking an extra second to look into Nick's eyes, Harmony smiled. "Would you like something to drink?"

Nick's eyes must have answered her question because without a word she got up from her spot and was back a minute later with a tall glass of ice water. Nick thanked her and gulped down the liquid, savoring the coolness as it went down.

Making a sound of satisfaction, Nick handed the glass back to Harmony wiping his mouth and thanking her again.

Harmony smiled at the blond boy sitting in front of her happy to see her smile returned. Harmony looked at Nick longingly and soon her smile faded. "Autumn just called me, I have to go or she'll be upset I was out here with you. She's always looking out for my well-being... "

As quickly as she had arrived, she was gone again leaving Nick wondering how she heard her sister. He had heard nothing but the breeze rustling the leaves.

*****

There was silence as Nick sat across from Autumn while they ate dinner. The silence finally got to Nick and he spoke. "How come we aren't eating with Harmony too?" he asked.

"Well she ate before you were done with the yard and is now taking care of the animals."

"Oh" was all he muttered for a response. Nick picked up his knife and began to cut his meat when he felt something on his leg. At first he thought that it had been an accident on Autumn's part but when he felt her hand rubbing his knee he knew that it had been no accident. He sat ignoring what was happening, hoping that if he ignored it then she would stop.

Slowly Autumn stood and moved over to the side of the table Nick was on, taking a seat on his lap. Taking a grab of Nick's head, Autumn pulled his head backwards and took him in a deep kiss. "Dessert"?