- Text Size +
Stretching awake, Nick was looking forward to the sixth month anniversary party that had been planned that night. Each girl had something special planned for Nick that night. Full of confidence he wasn't sure he felt before, he was thrilled to be the center of both girls affections. He was so happy with his life at the moment he couldn't care about his previous life, he was sure it wasn't nearly as interesting as the life he led now. He couldn't remember the last time he had a dream about his life before and he'd just as soon forget what he had already dreamt.
"Nick, darling, are you awake?" Autumn purred.

"Yeah. I'm just looking forward to tonight."

"Oh yes, tonight." Autumn licked her mouth. "Here's a preview of that." Watching her disappear beneath the covers, Nick smiled knowing exactly what his preview was.

He re-awoke a couple of hours later, to an empty bed. Autumn was gone, leaving beside him a list of chores for him to work on for the day. This was nothing new to Nick, he received a new list every morning. He glanced at the list reading only small odd jobs that were his usual tasks every morning. His day, more or less, was his to do with what he wanted.

The smell of breakfast brought him out of the room and into the kitchen where he watched Harmony move in such fluid movements she looked like a dancer.

"You had to have dance lessons growing up." He finally broke the silence.

Smiling, Harmony turned around. "Good morning. And yes, Autumn and I took lessons together until the accident, then we had no more time or money to take the lessons. I still practice in my free time, but I don't know about Autumn."

Nick sat and watched Harmony finish making breakfast, then they sat down together to eat.

"Are you looking forward to today?" Harmony asked while Nick took his first bite.

Quickly swallowing, Nick answered. "I can't wait to see what you have planned for me."

Harmony simply smiled and started to eat her own food.

*****

That afternoon Nick finished his chores exceptionally fast and ran back inside cleaning up quickly. He could smell something wonderful cooking in the kitchen. His shower only took him a total of ten minutes, a record for him lately and, while still in his towel he shaved as quickly as he dared try. Earlier he had laid out his nicest outfit to wear that night with Harmony, he wanted the evening to be as perfect as he was sure she wanted it to be as well. Before leaving the room he checked himself at the mirror, winking at himself he started to walk out when the appearance of a face startled him.

Nick swirled around to see who was in the room, but no one was behind him. He looked back at the mirror and the face was still there. Rubbing his eyes, he hoped the face would go away. When he opened his eyes, slowly, the face was still there. He squinted to get a better look. The man had dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Nick could not help but feel the face was familiar, but he could not place a name to this face. Was this someone he had known before he came here? He shook it off and left the room trying to forget what just had happened.

Entering the kitchen he saw Harmony wearing a slinky red dress, her hair was done up in curls on top of her head. She was putting some finishing touches on something before turning around to place a wonderful looking cake on the table. A smile from ear to ear formed on her face as she set her eyes on Nick.

"You look wonderful" she said while pointing to a chair implying he should sit there.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Instead of taking a seat in the chair she pointed out to him. Nick pulled the chair out for Harmony to sit in, carefully moving it in as she sat. Then in quick strides he made his way to the other side and sat in the chair opposite her. They were dining early, but that night was Autumn's turn with Nick and Harmony wanted to make sure to get her turn in when she could.

They ate in silence but they could not help but ignore the looks of longing they would continually give each other. Finally they reached desert and Nick cut two slices of cake.

"This was a wonderful meal." Nick finally told Harmony.

Harmony could only muster a slight smile at the compliment.

Pushing his cake aside, Nick stood up and moved closer to Harmony taking her hand and pulling her upwards. "No need to be embarassed." Slowly pulling Harmony closer, Nick held her close to him.

Harmony let out of sigh of comfort before leaning her face upward towards Nick. "Kiss me." escaped her mouth in a whisper and Nick moved down letting his mouth cover hers. Hands no longer being able to control themselves started to roam all over Harmony's body, and she did nothing to stop him wanting him to touch her as much as he wanted to touch her.

Suddenly Harmony pulled quickly away from Nick. "She's home." She hissed. Harmony started to put the dishes in the sink ignoring Nick except for her final comment. "You better get ready to spend time with her now."

Sighing Nick moved to the bedroom and waited for Autumn to show up.

*****

"What were you doing with him?" Autumn asked. "Do you really think that he wants anything like that from you when he already gets that from me?" She laughed at her sister and slammed a dish in the sink forcing it to crash loudly.

Harmony jumped at the sound of the broken dish and only stood there hanging her head in shame. She reached into the sink to start to pick the dish up, a piece of the plate catching her skin and piercing it slightly, though enough to bleed.

"You twit" Autumn exclaimed. "One day I am going to make you go away." With that Autumn parades out of the kitchen and moves into the bedroom where Nick was waiting for her in the bed already.