- Text Size +
Pacing the floor in the hotel room in what Nick believed to be Indianapolis, worry crossed his mind. It had been three days since he last talked to Mandy, and he could only imagine what she was thinking.
"Mandy?" Nick asked as the other line was picked up. "Mandy, babe, it's me, Nick. How are you?"

"Nick? It's late, what possessed you to call me at this hour?"

"I was just thinking about you and what you were up to." It was partly true; if he had the guts to call Lorena up, then he would be speaking nothing but the truth.

"Nick, that's sweet of you. How are you doing?"

"Just having trouble sleeping, and I was thinking about you." He hoped she wouldn't catch him in his lie.

"Thank you so much for thinking of me and calling."

They talked on the phone for an hour before Mandy decided to end the call so she could get some sleep. Sleep still would not come to Nick. He thought that if he eased his mind about going out with Lorena, about kissing her and about thinking of having sex with her, then he could easily drift off, but it wasn't the case. Nick just laid in bed and stared at the ceiling, eventually falling into a restless sleep.

*****

Mandy couldn't help but be suspicious about Nick's phone call. There was something in his voice that told her that there was something he wasn't telling her. She wanted to join him on tour; they had been having problems lately in their relationship and she wanted to keep her eye on him. There were so many girls that would jump at the chance to be with Nick, and she wasn't sure he was capable of withholding.

She needed to stay with Nick long enough to get her career off the ground. On the second leg of this tour she would be joining him, and there was nothing he could do about it. She would be his opening act, and if all went well she wouldn't need Nick anymore. She did have a soft spot for Nick, he had been a good lay for her; if people had sexual resumés she would definitely make sure she put him on it.

There were only a few more cities on this part of the tour, then a break for Nick and then they would tour together. She would make sure that Nick was true to her for that part of the tour, or she would make his life unpleasant.

*****

Lorena was still in a daze about the whole 'Nick Carter' thing when she got back to school. She couldn't believe that it had actually happened to her. She kept expecting herself to wake up and find out that it had been all a dream. Going back to campus and joining her roommates in the routine of the day was starting to become dull to her, and she dreamt of being in that hotel room with Nick again. She dreamt of what might have happened if she wasn't such a goodie-goodie and didn't care if Nick was with Mandy.

She could see herself letting Nick kiss her instead of pulling away when her lips barely met his. His towel would have been so easy to remove, but, no, she couldn't think about that. What had been done had been done, and there was nothing to change that. She had blown the chance she had to do what millions of girls dreamt about, and he had wanted her just as much. Lorena shook her head and tried to focus back into her math lesson; what did any of it matter anyway? She would probably never hear from Nick again.