- Text Size +
April arrived at the club in record time, it seemed every time she pulled up to a red light it changed immediately to green. She noticed she was not the only one who noticed the sudden change; a few cars going the other direction were forced to screech to a halt seeing that their light was now red.

Entering the building, she found the lights out. "Was I supposed to come tonight?" She found herself questioning aloud.

"Ahh, April, glad you could make it." A voice out of nowhere seemed to call to her. She advanced towards where she heard the voice, lights turning on as she walked.

"Alex?" She called out, still unable to see the man talking to her.

"Actually, it's me Kevin." He said as he stepped out into the light allowing April a full view of him. He stood tall, his dark hair falling slightly into his alluring green eyes. April could feel herself blush as she looked at him.

"So why didn't Howie call me?" She asked.

Kevin paused for a moment trying to think of some reason that Howie would need someone else to call in an employee. "He had tickets to a play tonight, and the paperwork needs to be done so it can be sent out tomorrow. He asked Alex and me a favor and we were happy to oblige." He was relieved when he saw April nod in agreement and look for a place to sit.

Finding a place close, she pulled up a chair and sat down. Kevin followed suit and sat across from her, putting the papers in front of her. "Just your usual forms to fill out after getting a job." He told her, trying not to let his voice falter, he always had a difficult time lying, and he found it more difficult to lie to April.

She took the papers from him, pulled out a pen and started to read and sign her name where appropriate. All Kevin was left to do was watch. Soon realization of whom he was sitting across from started to sink in. He was sitting across from a woman that would help him end his pitiful existence if he could get her to be on their side. This woman and her sister would be the end, if Brian didn't get his way. The sheer thought of the situation would have made Kevin sweat, if he had the ability to sweat.

"You look like you are ready to puke." April's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"Must have been something I ate."

"Are you going to be alright?" She questioned.

"Well you are here, I should be fine." He smiled at her watching her cheeks turn crimson.

They sat across from each other in silence for another few minutes before April realized she still had one sheet left to sign. She picked it up and began to read what was said.

"April, you are your sister are in peril. Brian put you in the positions you are in so he can manipulate you more easily. Please heed my warning. I wouldn't want anythig bad to happen to you, and if you follow Brian you will have something very bad happen to you and your sister."


April looked up at Kevin and simply stared. He nodded at her. "Yes what you read is true."

"Are you all a bunch of freaks around here? What kind of joke do you think you are pulling? I'm in peril, only if I stay around you any longer. And to think I thought you were attractive!" April stood, clutching the paper, and turned to leave running smack into Alex.

"I can't let you leave until you realize the magnitude of the situation." Alex said forcing her back into her chair.

April stared at the man hovering over her. "What situation?"

Alex took a seat and glanced at Kevin; he took a deep breath and then started in explaining.

"For the last few years our clan has been preparing for the great feasting in which our leader will be renewed, power will be restored to our kind and the world will be run over with darkness. This actually hasn't happened for hundreds of years, the last time it happened history has named it the Dark Ages."

"Your clan? Your leader? What the hell are you exactly?" April held on to the bottom of her chair, she didn't really want the answer to that question, but she figured she had to ask.

"We are vampires, our leader is our creator. It is a life that Kevin and I have chosen is not worth living any longer."

April's face turned chalk white, "Vampires?" She asked unsure if she was awake or not. "You have to be joking."

"I wish he was," Kevin finally spoke up. He pulled his upper lip back so that April could see his fangs with a clear view.

"So you sharpen your teeth, and you call yourselves vampires, but that doesn't mean anything. There are freaks like that walking on the streets. I watch T.V., CSI just had an episode with people who wanted to be vampires just the other day." April tried to move away as much as she could, but found that she was unable to move out of her chair.

"I can understand why you would have a hard time believing us, but it's the truth and we need you and your sister to think long and hard about your choices and who you associate with, there are factions within the group. Kevin and I lead the ones who wish for this life to end. Brian, Howie and Nick are just a few of the ones who wish you and your sister dead or one of them." Alex continued.

"If you want to die so much, why don't you stake yourselves?" April managed to choke out.

"If it were only that easy. See shows like Buffy and all those vampire movies they skew the facts a bit. In reality we cannot be killed until our creator has first been killed."

"So when your creator is killed you all die?" April interrupted.

Alex shook his head and Kevin sighed. "No," Kevin spoke, "that is when we can be staked."
April mouthed 'OK' but sat gripping her chair. "Why are you telling me all this?" She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"You and your sister are part of a prophecy that has been circulating for some time. You girls will destroy our leader and make our clan susceptible to death, a death Kevin and I have been waiting for a hundred years."

"I think I'm gonna be sick" April suddenly spat out, quickly putting her head between her legs.

"You aren't the only one." A voice from the staircase suddenly spoke out.

All three heads spun around and watched as Brian walked down out of the shadows.