- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This was easier to pick up then I thought. Thanks for the feedback Trina, I hope you like this chapter and where it's heading now. :-D
April, Kevin and Alex stood staring at Brian as he emerged from the shadows. “Master,” Kevin started trying to smooth over the situation.

“April, run.” Alex turned to her and pushed her towards the exit. “Think about what we said.”

“What about you two?” She questioned, they seemed crazy, but maybe there was something to what they said. She couldn’t just let them meet their end if this guy really was evil, and what about May? She was dating this crazy guy.

“We’ll be fine, we can’t die until our creator is dead, we’ll “live”.” Kevin spat out.

April turned and took in one last look at the situation before running out the door; she had to warn her sister about this man she was dating.

Kevin and Alex remained staring Brian down. “I had my suspicions about you, cousin.” Brian started. “But I never would have guessed you were involved Alex.” He cocked his head slightly and smirked at the two. “You may not be able to die, but you will wish I could kill you by the time I am done with you two.”

April heard the final threat as she stood outside the door listening, she also had to help these other two.

*****

May was sitting on the couch watching television and munching on a salad from Wendy’s when she heard the key in the door. “Where have you been?” she asked April as soon as she entered.

“I told you I had to go fill out paperwork at the club.” April sighed internally, having this conversation was not going to be pleasant. “There’s something I think you need to know.” April took the remote off the coffee table and hit the power button. Taking a seat on the table to she faced her sister, “There is something I need to talk to you about.”

May looked at her sister curious and expecting.

“May, it’s about Brian. I think he might be a bad guy. I was told some very interesting things this evening and then he showed up and made me think what I was being told was true. May, I think…”

May cut her sister off, “… you think that they are vampires and that there is some prophecy out there that says we will destroy the clan and that Brian is the leader and that their time of renewal is arriving and the world will be plunged into darkness afterwards?” May chuckled to herself. “Brian said that these crazies were trying to get to us since we were twins. They are delusional, April. Brian says they try this with every set of twins they meet.”

“If they are so delusional May, then why does Howie keep them employed, why are they kept close?”

“Obviously, sister is so that they can keep an eye on them. You heard Brian called one his cousin, they are family they want to make sure they are well looked after.”

April stood up and threw her hands in the air. “I don’t know May; there is something about their story that got to me.”

“You read too much into things. I think it’s time for bed, for both of us.” May stood and quickly moved into her room almost slamming the door shut. Going to bed would bring her excitement she knew she would dream about Brian and it always brought her pleasure. How could anyone who could make her feel that way be evil?

*****

Brian stood in front of the two bloodied members of the rebel group. “How many are there?” He asked voice barely raised. Neither of the men answered, they remained silent as they had been when he first brought them into his dungeon.

A knock came from the door as it creaked open. “Master?” Howie asked from the doorway. “Perhaps we let them stew down here for awhile. You already told May the truth as it were a lie, she’s bound to tell her sister about the falsehood, we will be able to torture these two for thousands of years. Come let’s feast.”

Brian nodded at his friend, brushed his hands off and turned towards the door. “Don’t think you will receive forgiveness during the renewal either, I doubt the creator will be so kind.” He followed Howie from the room and slammed the door, locking it behind him.

“Well this is a fine situation we are in now?” Alex fumed.

“We will escape, don’t forget our secret weapon.” Kevin licked the blood from his lip and looked over at his ally. They may have been hanging from chains but a faint glimmer of hope twinkled in his lifeless eyes.

*****

April lay in bed staring at the ceiling mulling over the information she received tonight. Brian, Kevin, Alex, Howie and possibly Nick were vampires, if she were to believe Kevin and Alex. How many others in the club were demons? She shook her head at herself, how could she believe this tall tale, how could she fall for such a far fetched story.

April closed her eyes and started almost immediately started to dream, hallways, doorways and one particular door kept reappearing in her mind. It was directions, could she possibly be seeing a way to save the two that talked with her that night. Scared she woke suddenly and stared at the ceiling again. Every time she closed her eyes the same images appeared in her mind until she was confident she could navigate the maze even if she remained asleep.

She had to find out what it was; she had to find if Alex and Kevin were at the end of it, she needed to know the truth.