- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I had fun writing it. :-D
April woke in a bed unfamiliar to her. She looked around the room before memories jumped back into her head about the events of the past days. She bolted out of bed and started to look for her bag, she needed to get May.

“Slow down April, there is nothing you can do right this minute.” The voice came from the darkest corner of the room.

April recognized the voice almost immediately, “Kevin you startled me.”

“Yeah, women are startled easily by us.” He moved into the light and shrugged. “Part of the life I’m sure.”

“Are there any women vampires?” April asked curious, the only ones she’s heard mention or even had contact with were males.

“There aren’t many in our clan and only a few other clans exist in the world, I don’t know about those. We don’t usually talk with other clans and stay separated vampire code.” He chuckled slightly and moved closer to April. “You don’t have to go tonight, Alex and I can have our comrades save her and then you can both destroy the Creator as you are supposed to.”

April shook her head. “I have to save May, I can’t sit here useless.” Kevin moved closer to April and took her hand.

“It’s my fault she’s under Brian’s spell.” He hung his head, embarrassed to look at April.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, Alex protected your mind from the others but I couldn’t protect May from Brian’s power.” He sighed. “I am weak.”

Taking her other hand, April placed it gently on Kevin’s cheek. “You aren’t weak, you tried, and that is what’s important.”

Kevin’s green eyes looked into April’s as he smiled. “You are so beautiful, April.”

April felt her cheeks turn crimson at Kevin’s admission. “Oh?”

Unsure of what he was doing, Kevin started to move closer bringing April’s face closer to his.

Nerves and fear attacked April, she wanted Kevin this close, but what if he bit her. What if this whole thing was a ploy to get her here so he could turn her? She stepped back slightly and caught Kevin’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” she meekly said before sitting on the bed.

Kevin sat down next to her. “No it’s me that’s sorry. I shouldn’t be so forward; you have every reason to be fearful.”

“It’s just, how do I…” April looked down at her hands unsure she wanted to accuse Kevin of what was on her mind.

“How do you know I won’t bite you?” Kevin let out a brief laugh. “I’m not hungry for one.” Taking April’s hands, he knelt on the floor in front of her. “Besides I could never hurt someone I care for.”

April’s face rose and looked him in the eyes. Again, she watched as Kevin’s face approached but she did not flinch this time but allowed him to kiss her fully on the lips. She welcomed the kiss and parted her lips slightly to allow his tongue to flick across hers. Kevin moved April on the bed and he lay next to her running his hand along the curve of her body. April gave herself over and let Kevin control the moment.

*****

Howie stared at Brian, rage flashing in his eyes. “Master, I do not understand. Kevin and Alex are gone; April is nowhere to be found. How will the Creator be restored, how will our time to reign occur if we do not have both sisters!”

Nick stood in the shadows as his friend and lover addressed their master. He dare not speak since it was his duty to sway April to their side. He did not want to anger Howie or Brian anymore then they already were.

“Howie, you lose faith.” Brian stated, calmer then his friend.

“How did they manage to escape anyway? There is a spell over the dungeon that does not allow mind contact. April had to have been told how to get to them. Someone on the outside has to be in league with them!” Howie avoided looking at Nick; it was awful that he had suspicions about his long time companion.

“Do not fret, friend. I assure you everything is going as planned.”

Howie looked at Brian questioning. “Forgive my lack of faith, but I must know for my own piece of mind.”

Brian looked from Howie to Nick and then back to Nick. “You chose your partner well, Howie. He has not betrayed our cause.” Howie sighed with relief looked apologetically at Nick. Brian continued. “He did exactly as I asked when he led April to Kevin and Alex.”

Howie’s eyes grew large. “You mean you wanted them to escape?” He was confused by the confession, he knew he should trust his master but they were so close, the renewal was only a few hours away.

“Of course I wanted them to escape.” Brian started to laugh making Howie uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry if my ignorant mind does not understand you reasoning. Would you be willing to enlighten me?” He desperately hoped that Brian was not a part of the rebel group his cousin belonged to, he did not want to be the vampire that had to take down his own master.

“Howie, Kevin is on our side. He’s been infiltrating the rebels for the last hundred years to find out who is involved. To find out their plans. He will make sure April is here tonight I assure you of that.”

*****

Alex stood outside the door to the room where Kevin and April now lay curled in each other’s arms. He smiled to himself knowing that only a few hours from now April will help be the undoing of the Creator and this dead life would be at a sweet end.