- Text Size +
The crowd roared now that the twins were both on the stage, a full meal for the Creator, the time of darkness would arise and they would feast freely for a century.

April looked at Kevin, the man that only a few hours before she had sex with was now the man that was going to be the end of her life. Tears began to well in her eyes as she looked at her sister standing almost limply at Brian’s side. How did their life come to this, they only wanted to move away from home and hold jobs of their own and live their lives. How did they end up as vampire fodder?

Suddenly the crowd became silent and April turned her head slightly to the side, a woman now stood on the stage looking out over the crowd. She stood dressed in a floor length chocolate colored dress that had a least a yard of material trailing after. Her long, auburn hair was pulled back and held tight by a golden crown of some kind.

“My children,” the woman started, her voice without a trace of an accent struck April as strange. The woman turned and smiled at April causing April to shiver unexpectedly. “Our time to rule has finally arrived.” No one in the crowd dare interrupt her with cheering. “My faithful servants have brought me just what I needed to become the vampire I need to be to bring this time about for all of us.”

It appeared as if the woman floated towards the girls holding her arms out towards the guys. “My loves, which one of you would like to honor me first?”

Kevin looked at Brian with a wicked smile. April wanted to pass out from fear but she needed to think, she needed to figure a way out of this situation. “Brian, you have put your trust in me this far, but let me prove it to the doubters. I will bring April to our Queen first.”

Brian nodded and watched with wide eyes as Kevin drug April closer to the woman who they called Creator and Queen. “This will only hurt until you die.” He cackled as the snickers rose through the crowd.

April could feel the woman grab her arm and pull her closer. Kevin tipped April’s head so that her neck so that the woman could reach it easier. It seemed like hours before April first felt the teeth break her skin. She fought hard not to scream out in pain. April felt her hand being squeezed and she forced herself to look towards Kevin, the man who did this to her.

A blood curdling scream sounded through the club forcing April to look away. The woman was no longer at her neck; she felt no more pressure at her neck. In fact, the woman was writhing on the floor in what seemed like pain. “She is impure!” the woman spat at Kevin.

Brian raged and dropped his hold on May. He charged at Kevin. “You truly are stupid man. What have you done?”

Kevin stood rooted in his spot still holding April’s hand. “I have helped the girls fulfill their destiny.”

“You, you, brought yourself to ‘be’ with a mortal woman?” Nick shouted from one side of the stage.

Howie stood blocking the other exit from the stage. He grabbed a two-by-four lying nearby and headed towards Kevin. No one noticed May taking her high heel off her foot and moving closer to the woman still writhing on the floor. It was so easy to plunge the shoe’s heel into the woman’s chest; it was almost as if there was no bone to pierce. The woman screamed out in pain again. “NO!” Brian shouted from where he stood and ran over slapping May hard across the face, a few drops of blood landed on the stage from her now broken lip.

Another shout could be heard from the crowd and Brian turned his attention from May back to where Kevin stood a pile of dust now at his feet. “He killed Howie.”

Nick stormed the stage and fell over the ashes.

Murmurs went through the crowd. “She is weak enough, FIGHT.” Kevin shouted and those that stood in the crowd but wanted to die started killing those that stood around them. Screams from fallen comrades enraged Brian further and he swung his fist at Kevin knocking him easily to the ground.

Released from his grasp before Brian attacked, April ran to May and stood next to her. “We have to leave; it’s going to get ugly in here.” They started to move towards an exit but Nick stood in their way.

“Where do you think you are going?” Scared, May ran off in the opposite direction against her sisters protests. A chair flew from the crowed knocking into Nick’s head and allowing April an exit. “May!” she yelled and started towards where May ran to. The woman had pulled herself off the stage from what April could tell. “May!” She shouted. She was amazed that she was being left alone by the other vampires in the building.

May stumbled out from some doorway towards the back of the stage, April seeing her grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the doorway Nick was no longer blocking. April squinted at the rising sun and then looked back into the building catching one last look at Kevin. He got what he wanted; she knew that he would release himself from this curse soon. She smiled and let a single tear fall before running completely into the light and far from the club.