- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the story! :-D

Please review and be patient with the ending.
A little over a year later

April sat across from her sister and smiled. They survived much together and were stronger from the experience. April picked up her spoon and looked next to her. Those green eyes always tugged at her heart. She wasn’t sure how it happened but she wasn’t questioning what happened to bring the love of her life to her she only smiled and leaned over kissing his cheek.

“April if you keep that up, little Kevin is going to grow up to be spoiled.” May teased her sister rumpling her nephew’s hair in the process.

“I know May, but I can’t help it he is such a miracle. And would you please use his real name?” April smiled back at her sister and looked towards the café across the street where she thought she saw Kevin smiling back at her. She shook her head and looked back at May, she never told her sister she was seeing Kevin everywhere, May would just tell her it was her longing to see him again. Her longing for it all to be alright, for Kevin to be mortal so they could be together. That wasn’t the case and April knew that, she knew Kevin would have fought to end his clan and then stake himself now that the Creator was dead.

In truth, April thought she saw Kevin everyday. In truth, she wanted Kevin to be alive, for him not to have turned the stake on himself and for him to find some way to rid himself of the vampire curse so they could be a normal family. Of course, that was impossible, so she just delighted in the joy her son brought her daily.

“Fine, stop spoiling Caleb. It’s really my job to spoil him anyway so stop.” May looked at her sister and licked her lips. The memory of the injury still haunted her, the man she was falling for betrayed her but what was worse was the secret she was keeping from her sister.

When they were separated during the fighting, May found the Creator struggling against death. She walked over to her, leaned down and let the Creator lick her bloodied lip. It was amazing how the little bit of blood revived her, the Creator smiled wickedly and left quickly.

May honestly did not know why she did what she did. Perhaps she hoped that with the Creator still alive, Brian would be alive. He betrayed her, but she still wanted to be with him, making sure the Creator lived was her one hope that Brian would live. Now she watched for him daily hoping that he would know what she did, that she saved him. He would know she accepted him and wanted him to find her.

She missed the dreams the most. Night was now longer then she could bear, sleeping was difficult. She needed his face, she needed the dreams and she did what she needed to make sure they came again, but they didn’t and she was beginning to wonder if she meant nothing to him after all or worse, that he was killed before the Creator returned to strength.

*****

Clouds came out and clouded the sun, it was then he decided to leave and return to his house. He really could have left at anytime; with the Creator still living the sunlight did not harm him. He took one last look at the twins and the child sitting across from where he stood watching. He knew he wanted to be with her, but he had to wait for the right time to reveal himself to her. The Creator still lived which meant trouble would be brewing between the factions again. He would wait, but he would come to her and he hoped she welcomed him for in his eyes she showed cared some for him.

“Soon.” He whispered before pulling a hat down and walking past the girls and into the shadows.