- Text Size +
May looked at her sister as she walked in the door. "What are you doing home so early?" Then she gasped, "They don't have you on as part-time do they?"
April shook her head. "Nah, Howie's really cool. He gave his entire staff the night off with pay, plus extra."

May grinned, "That is awesome, and I hope my boss is just as nice."

April stopped in her tracks, "Your boss? You got the job!" she shouted at her sister and hugged her tightly.

To celebrate the girls decided to rent a movie and order Chinese, something that was a common occurrence in Texas, this was the first time they were able to do it in Orlando.

They rented Interview with a Vampire since April loved Ann Rice and May loved Brad Pitt.

When the movie finished they headed to bed, eager and excited at both having jobs and starting on their path of independence.

*****

He had followed Howie around for over a thousand years. Given his immortality illegally, part of the meeting that night was to discuss whether or not he should be allowed to 'live'.

Took them long enough to discover me, he commented to himself.

He knew that if the vote had one more on the side to destroy him, he would be a goner. If that was the case he could expect to see them quickly, his last view before his death was completed. He knew Howie would be pulling for him and he was sure that Brian would see that he stayed around.

Time ticked on slowly, Nick's mind began to wander wondering what was being said in the meeting.

*****

"Now that the decision has been made about Nick, let us move on." Brian announced. "We have one more thing to discuss before, dinner."

His eyes trailed to the back of the club where thirty young, beautiful people stood trembling in a cage.

A smirk crossed his face, fangs starting to gleam. "Sorry," he apologized. "I am just a bit hungry."

A few of the captured whimpered slightly with Brian's words, others had already resigned themselves to their fate.

"Now, as I was saying, we have one more topic at hand." He motioned to the side of the stage a young man with spiked brown hair and a goatee walked out on stage carrying two blown up pictures.

"We have found those in the prophecy."

A gasp broke out in the crowd followed by whispers.

"Silence!" Brian shouted. He pointed to the pictures of the girls, the crowd finally became quiet. "Their names are April and May. As many of you recall it was said that twin girls bearing the sign of the Pisces will arrive around the time of the great feasting, the time in which the Powerful One will be renewed and the world will be run in darkness, and will be our playground again."

A cheer rose from the tables, the crying from the cage became slightly louder.

"These girls, as you know, are destined to destroy our creator."

Boos and hisses rose from the ranks, a few verbal insults followed.

Brian raised his hands to silence the crowd. "Howie and I have taken steps to help insure our victory in the end. Both girls hold jobs where we can keep an eye on them. I have already started the seduction of May, and now that we have decided Nick shall remain among us, his first test of faithfulness will be to seduce April."

Cheers rang out once again.

"We will do everything possible to make sure that our race is the ruling race at last." Brian grinned broadly showing his fangs fully extended. "Now let's honor the Powerful One and feast." His eyes fell back on the cage, screams echoed through the hall as his companions neared opening it and dispersing the people among themselves.

The young man on stage glanced at the pictures one last time, sought out his friend in the crowd and nodded.

*****

A small knock stirred him out of his trance. His fate had been decided and now it was time for him to find out. He slowly opened the door and found Howie's face on the other side.

"My love, you have been accepted."

Overjoyed Nick reached for Howie kissing him passionately.

Howie finally managed to break from the kiss. "But, my love, I have more news. Brian talked of the girls that will destroy our kind tonight."

Nick sighed and threw himself on the couch. "Must you ruin the moment with talk of this prophecy again?"

Howie looked at him solemnly. "Nick, the girls have appeared, I did not tell you before, but the girl we just hired at the club and her twin, they are the girls that we spoke of."

Nick's eyes widened. "That beautiful woman will be the end of our kind?"

Howie nodded.

"Why don't we just make them one of us, won't that solve it? They won't want to destroy their kin then right?"

Howie looked at Nick sternly. "Darling, transforming them against their will, will only make the prophecy occur sooner."

Nick nodded, "So we have reached our dark ages?"

Howie nodded in response taking a seat next to Nick. "I am just glad that I was able to keep you during this time."

Nick pulled Howie's head to his shoulder, running his hands through his hair carefully to calm him down.

"Brian has decided that you are to seduce April so that she might be turned towards our plight." Howie blurted out. "Now I must share you with a mortal woman."

In the dark Nick's eyes lighted, for some reason this woman stirred emotions in him that he had only felt for Howie before. He was delighted with his chance to play with this woman.