- Text Size +
Another dream haunted her night. She now knew the face that she was dreaming about but she was confused as to why she was dreaming about him. She was dreaming about him before she met him, and even now, she knew very little about him but continued to dream of him.
Her shower that morning was colder then usual, something needed to revive her after that dream. Pulling on her skirt, she checked her face, she was more pale then usual. Quickly she found a shirt that brought out more color in her face and did her makeup so that she at least looked alive.

The drive was short and she made her way to the front desk quickly. "Hi, it's my first day, I'm not quite sure where I'm supposed to go."

The woman behind the desk looked up at her. She was about to answer when a voice behind May spoke up.

"I can show you."

May froze in her spot, almost scared to turn around. It was his voice, she knew it. A few times, he spoke in her dreams, his voice always melting her in his arms.

She turned herself slowly to face him, sure that her face was now bright red.

"Hello." She managed to say.

"Hi, remember me?" His smile brightened on his face making his eyes twinkle that much more.

"Yeah I met you at my interview." She nodded avoiding his eyes.

"Your name's May right?" He questioned watching her nod her head still avoiding his gaze. "Well May, follow me I'll show you where you need to be."

She followed the man from her dreams making sure to stay far enough behind him so that her urge to grab hold of him and hug him would be kept at bay.

"I believe this is your stop." He opened the door for May and watched as she walked through.

"May," He called after her, "I was wondering if you would like to go to lunch with me today?"

It was all she could do to keep her astonishment from showing. "Um, sure." She replied.

He grinned again and watched until she found her boss so her training could begin.

*****

April arrived at the club ready to tear down the tables and chairs they set up the night before. When she got there, the tables were in their usual spots and the chairs were as well. She shrugged to herself and went to the back to lock up her purse again.

She walked into the back room and stopped short. "Hello?"

"Hi," the man answered. "I thought I would introduce myself to you."

April held her purse tightly.

He stood and approached her. "My name is Alex." He held out his hand.

She looked him over, short spiky hair and an unusual goatee. "Um, hi, my name is April." She reached out and took his hand.

"I'm one of Howie's long time friends." He said while taking a seat. "Relax," He continued, "I'm not going to hurt you, wouldn't be good press for this place." He laughed softly.

April nodded, turning her back to him so that she could put her purse in her locker. She felt eyes on her and turned to face Alex again.

"Is that the only reason you are here?" She asked.

More quickly then she could ever imagine, Alex was at her side, arms wrapped around her waist pulling her tight. "I've come to warn you."

Startled, April stood speechless.

"Things are not what they appear around here. Those you feel you can trust you shouldn't, and those you think should not have your trust should." Alex whispered in her ear. "Be wary of men and cautious of women befriending you now."

April caught a glimpse of her face in the steel walls, she was pale, white with fear over Alex's comments.

"I… if that is true, then why should I trust your word?" She managed to stammer.

A noise from the club forced Alex to release his hold on her and take a few steps away from her. April turned quickly to the noise watching as Nick walked through the door.

"Hello, Alex." Nick greeted him carefully. "I wasn't expecting to see you here."

"Nick," Alex nodded at him. "I was just saying hello to the new employee."

"You know you have other things to be attending to."

Alex bowed slightly before moving through the room to the back exit and turning to smile once more at April he was gone.

Nick watched him go then turned his attention to April. "Hello." He said. "What did he say to you April?"

April shook her head and finally opened her locker. "He said hello and asked if I needed any help introducing myself to my fellow co-workers." She lied.

Nick looked her up and down and then decided that her answer was satisfactory. "What did you say?"

"I told him I have never had problems making friends." She smiled and faced Nick again. "So do you know where to find Howie or am I supposed to guess what it is I am to do tonight?"

Nick smirked at her, "Sure I know where he is, allow me to escort you." He held out his arm for her to take not noticing her look of shock cross her face.

She took his arm uneasily and let him lead her to where Howie was located, behind the stage. "You look very beautiful today." He said to her as he left her to receive her instructions for the day.