- Text Size +
Seated in front of the fireplace, Nick stared intently at nothing particular. Howie sat in a chair behind him watching. He knew that Nick needed his concentration for what he was doing though it angered him that instead of making love with him he was instead forcing a girl to dream about him erotically.
Howie jumped as a yell of frustration arose from Nick's lips. "She is too strong for me. I can't break through."

"Can you see what she is dreaming about?" Howie asked hoping he could assist his lover in conquering this woman.

Nick shook his head, "I couldn't even get in enough to see that." He dropped his head in his hands. "Brian isn't going to be happy about this."

Howie moved to the couch with Nick and put his arms around him. "Shhh, darling he can't expect you to just jump right in and know what you are doing. You never learned to manipulate for our fear you would be discovered."

Nick nodded knowing that Howie spoke the truth. "How can I complete my mission if I cannot seduce her?"

Howie looked at Nick, "Have you considered you may not need to go through her dreams like Brian has chosen to do with May? Perhaps you just need to court her like you courted me so very long ago."

Nick looked into Howie's eyes and nodded. "Yes I will have to approach this task much like I approached bedding you for the first time, with the utmost care and attention."

Howie smiled warmly at Nick, leaning closer to him. "It has been long since we shared a bed."

A smirk crossed Nick's lips at Howie's implication. He moved closer pressing his lips against Howies. It did not take long until they were bonded in passion remembering their past together and relishing what would come in their future.

*****

Quick, but silent footsteps made their way towards Alex. He turned his head to face the man whom the steps belonged.

"I trust you were able to block the girls mind from the others."

Alex nodded his head. "I was."

The older man glanced at Alex. "We need those girls to fulfill their prophecy."

"I know Kevin, I know." He answered as the other sat down. "Did you bring it?"

Kevin nodded solemnly pulling out a cage filled with doves. Alex's eyes widened in hunger. "Just what I needed after that taxing ordeal of keeping Nick out of her mind." He reached in the cage and pulled out one of the animals. Fangs present he gripped the bird tightly before plunging his teeth into the bird taking his time sucking every drop of available blood.

Kevin nodded in satisfaction. "You approve?"

"They taste very fine indeed. Not as good as human but much better then rodent."

Kevin nodded in agreement. "True, but if all goes to plan we will not have to worry about drinking this disgusting liquid anymore to survive."

Alex nodded in agreement. "Have you made any progress with May?" He questioned Kevin.

A look of embarrassment crossed Kevin's face. He avoided Alex's eyes and moved to the other side of the room where it remained darkened. He sat in the darkness and blocked his thoughts and feelings from Alex. He should have known that it would not work; Alex could tell just by the way he acted.

"You haven't even tried yet have you?"

"You chose the easy one." Kevin complained. "I have to block and go against our sire." He dropped his head into his hands.

Alex was instantly at his side. "There is another way Kevin."

He looked up interested in Alex's words. "You woo her without manipulating her brain."

Kevin looked at Alex as if he was insane. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't you remember before you were like this?" He pointed to his still present fangs. "When you liked a girl, how did you pursue her, not by getting into her brain literally?"

Kevin sat thinking for what seemed like an hour before he spoke. "I cannot honestly remember." His eyes were full of fear as he looked at Alex.

"I am not mad or upset with you. It has been a long time for all of us attracting women without using the powers of this disease. Just make friends with her; I am sure that you will be able to befriend her that is all that is really necessary to sway her to our side."

Kevin looked at Alex, reassured by what he said. "Thanks, I needed that. You've always been a good friend to me, and the one thing I will miss when we destroy our clan is your friendship."

"I will miss you too Kevin, but we will be released from this poison. Hell has to be better then living this way." Alex looked towards the cage of birds his eyes landing on his recent dinner.