- Text Size +
May looked around her tiny cubicle and sighed as she answered another phone call.

“Hello, thank you for calling Jive Records. My name is May, how may I direct your call?” She rolled her eyes at her robot like answer, but hey, it was money.

“Actually you are the one I was trying to get a hold of.” The voice on the other end answered.

“And how may I help you?” She replied her curiosity peaked.

“I was wondering how you enjoyed lunch yesterday and if you would like to join me again.” Brian asked.

Mays cheeks flushed as she finally recognized his voice. “Brian, what are you doing calling me at work? I could get in trouble.”

“Babe, trust me, you won’t get in trouble. Now about lunch.”

May looked around herself cautiously before she answered. “Of course, I would love to have lunch with you again.”

“Then I will stop by and get you at…?”

“Noon, I have a noon lunch today.”

“Then I will see you at noon today.”

May disconnected the line after they said their good-byes. She could not stop smiling as she answered the phones, answered questions and directed calls.

The final minutes until noon seemed to take forever to tick away. Eventually the clock reached noon and May glanced around for Brian, horrified that her phone rang once more. She smacked her head remembering that she needs to turn the phone off before going to lunch. She settled in her chair and answered what she hoped was a short call.

“Hello, thank you for calling Jive Records. My name is May, how may I direct your call?”

“May, you don’t know me yet, but please be careful at lunch.”

She stared at her computer screen in startled by the message. There was no time to reply, the other person hung up after they said what they needed. Quickly she turned off her phone, in case any more calls came through.

“Ready to go?”

May let out a small squeak and clasped her hands to her chest, slowly she turned around. “You scared me.” She smiled at Brian.

“I’m sorry; I do have a tendency to startle women though I don’t understand why.” He smiled innocently.

May let out an uneasy giggle then grabbed her purse. “Well let’s get going.”

They were almost out of the room when Brian asked her, “So who was that last phone call from, whoever was on the phone looked like they scared you too.”

May shook her head. “Just some call threatening one of the groups here. I was told I’d get them, but didn’t realize the second day at work I would get one.” She let out a small chuckle and looked down at her hands.

Brian watched May intently. How can a girl, who is uneasy around me, be the end of our clan? He thought to himself.

They walked to another café that Brian recommended. He pulled her chair out and she took her seat smiling sweetly. They sat in silence as they looked over the menu; May always had a hard time deciding what to eat for any meal.

Once they ordered, she sat looking at Brian not knowing what to say. They may have spent yesterday’s lunch together, but she still felt as if she had no idea who she was eating with.

“How is your job going?” He asked her once their drinks were brought out to them.

“I really like the other girls in the call center, but some of the people that call in are big pains.” She grimaced.

“For example?” He questioned.

“Well,” She started pausing briefly to allow the plates to be set in front of them. “There was this one call from this girl who sounded as if she was hysterical. She pleaded with me to give her Justin Timberlake’s phone number. Said it was a matter of life or death for her reputation.” She let out a small laugh. “I guess she told her friends that she knew Justin and could call him up and get him to hang out with them at some party.”

Brian smiled at her. “Did you give it to her?”

“No, and lose my job on the second day. I did tell her that she could have them call my direct line and I would answer like I was his personal assistant or something.”

“Did anyone call?”

May nodded her head, quickly finishing her bite of food that she had in her mouth. “They sure did call. I told them that Mr. Timberlake was busy for the next few months but if they gave me their names and addresses I would send each of them an autographed photo and complimentary CD.”

A laugh escaped Brian’s lips making May lose her train of thought for a moment. She sat looking at him, his perfect crystal blue eyes, his sandy brown hair and his dimples as he smiled.

“What?” He asked confused as to why she stopped telling her story.

“Oh sorry,” she apologized blushing slightly. “Anyway, I got five addresses and have to find some way to send out five CDs and get five autographed pictures of Justin.” She sighed.

“I can’t believe you went to all that trouble to protect a stranger’s reputation with her friends.”

“Well I remember being a teenager and having a crush on someone famous, the pressure you get from friends and others. You know they’ve met them and you can’t even get tickets to see them.”

Brian nodded looking down at his plate of food; he longed to taste the food he was chewing. With every bite of his food, he grew hungrier knowing he would be glad for this lunch date to be over so that he could go and get some actual substance.

He listened half-heartedly as she continued to talk about her job and the friends she made. This job of winning her over was going to exhaust him. Mortal women were so vapid to him. He laughed inwardly at his thought, living women vapid, he would have to share that thought with the others.

He finally zoned back into the conversation.

“She said it would be fine though and I could get the stuff easily.” May looked at her watch. “Oh it’s time to go back already.” A soft pout crossed her face. “I really enjoyed my time with you Brian.”

“I enjoyed my time with you.” Brian replied. “I was thinking of going to my friends club tonight, would you care to join me?”

May looked at Brian, her mouth open in shock. “Sure, I would love to.” A club meant being out late at night with Brian, being out late could lead to joining him the next morning for breakfast. She took one last look at Brian and thought about what the night could lead to, thought about what she dreamt about, gasping slightly at the moisture she felt between her thighs.

Quickly she turned and left him before she made herself worse off.

Brian watched as May walked off, her hips swaying playfully. He was wearing her down and he knew it. Right now, she was thinking about him and what he might wear tonight and even going so far as to think about taking his clothes off him. A smirk played on his lips, this is going to be easy, he thought to himself.