- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks sweet18.Yesterday I was a mess.Today I can actually focas.I thought no one was gonna review.Kinda pissed me off at first but then I was like I don't care.I'm posting it because I want people that read to be somewhat educated on leukemia.I know people can look it up and stuff but it seems so much more intresting in story form.Sometimes it's even easier to grasp.

~Chapter Two~

The hospital waiting room with florescent lights but the mood was different.Several magazines lay scattered and a public fruit basket lay untouched.To the few that were there,the sound of a little boy crying softly was all that was heard.

Soon the hospital lobby doors swung open violently and four adults approached he three lonely children.

"What has happened?" Paula Dorough asked softly sitting in a chair next to Pollyanna.Howard was given to Ppaula's husband and Howie's father Hoke Dorough.Hoke sighed as he picked up the whimpering child.

Polly told them the storyfrom herv point of view from when they spilled the lemenade and cookies to the point she picked Jessica from the street.Abalene Parker by then was in tears in her husband's arms before the story was over.When the dortor came out,all pairs of eyees except one were directed on him.

"I need to speak with the Parkers in my office I'm afraid.And no,Jessica's not dead,it's just something is threatening her life at the rateit's going." he said and Paula placed her hand over her heart.Pollyanna finally covered her face beginning to cry softly as John looked to the floor with tears glistening in his brown eyes.Abalene and Robert Parker walked closely behind the doctor as they disappeared through busy corridors.

"Papa," Howard said softly," Is Jezzy gonna be okay?"

"Yeah Howard.Jezzy's gonna be okay." Hoke responded looking away with tears tugging at the corners of his eye slightly blurring his vision.

"She gonna come home?" he asked again.Hoke didn't respond this time.Rubbing Howard's back in circles, Howard layed his head on his dad's shoulder.Closing his eyes he fell into a peaceful slumber.