- Text Size +
A/N: R&R thanks!

~Chapter Three~

When conscienceness begin to bleed through the cobwebs of his nap,bits and pieces of sentences were what came to fill his ears.Reality was starting to sneak back to him.He could now see flashes of that red car and Jessica's little body connecting.That gut wrenching scream that echoed through his head made tears come back to his eyes and he shuddered lightly.

"...leukemia...nost children have this acute form...radiation therapy..." a stranger said. Leukemia? What was Leukemia?What did he mean by most children have this acute form?What did acute mean and radiation therapy?What in the world was that?

Although Howard understood known of the words the doctor previously said,he did infact understand the next sentence.And the offense was taken personally.

"Jessica is very sick and she-"

"No!" Howard wailed,"Jezzy not sick!You stupid!"

"Howard," Hoke hissed,"Stop it.That's rude."

"You." Howard growled pushing his finger in his nose breifly with a jagged nail," said Jezzy be fine!Put me down!I wanna see Jezzy!" Howard screamed trying to squirm his way from Hoke's grasp.Finally he slumped and begin to cry.This set Abalene off and she sobbed into her hands.With comforting arms,Robert hugged his wife and shedded several tears as well.

After several minutes passed Robert looked up.

"Can we see Jessica before she begins treatment?" Robert asked with a hopeful glint in his grey eyes.

"Of course.We're gonna try and let some of her bones mend and her body heal before we start because she's already going to be drained of energy.And believe me,she's gonna need alot of energy."