- Text Size +
Chapter 1

It was a dark, cold night as A.j took a familiar drive to his friend, Amber's house. He always ran to her when him and his current girlfriend, Julie got into a fight over something stupid. This time their fight wasn't stupid. Julie told A.j she didn't love him any more and that she was leaving him for another man. A.j was so shocked and angry that he told Julie by the time he gets back he wants any trace of her in his house gone, then he grabbed his car keys and was out the door. On the way there A.j thought about Amber, she was a 22 year-old, 5'6, a nice tan, medium length, silky, black hair and had the most gorgeous eyes that glisten a light gray. She was pretty all right, but A.j never thought of her more than a friend, she was always there for him when he needed someone to bring his spirits up. Even though he was in pain a small smile crossed his face as he pulled into Amber's driveway. "I hope she's up", he thought to himself as he turned off the car and ran to her door and rang the doorbell.

Amber was sound asleep when she heard to sound of the doorbell ring in her ears. Her eyes opened slightly as she got up and slid on her white, fury slippers and matching robe and made her way downstairs to the door.

"A.j?" She asked as she answered the door and let out a little yarn.

"Yeah its me, can I come in?" A.j asked

Amber moved from in front of the door and let A.j in. A.j made his way to the kitchen and Amber closed the door and followed with a puzzled look on her face.

"Alex as mush as I love when you visit me, can you please tell me why you're at my house at 2:45 in the morning?", Amber finished, nodding off to sleep.

A.j looked at her and sadness filled his eyes as though he wanted to cry but he kept it in. After a few minutes of silence he spoke.

"Julie left me_" he started then added "She left me for another man that she says can give her what she needs." He finished and by this time he had Amber's full attention. "I don't understand how this could have happened_. I mean one day we are fine you know? Nothing was going wrong_. Well to me it wasn't_am I making any kind of sense?", A.j finally asked.

"Yeah J, I know how it feels to have to have love trouble, Its the worst thing in the world it feels like someone has shattered your heart and your stuck picking up all the pieces." She finished. "So are you crashing here tonight?" Amber said to break the silence that was flying in the room.

"Yeah I guess so, that is of you don't have a problem_" A.j started but got cutoff

"My home is your home, how many times do I have to tell you." Amber asked playfully but soon stopped when A.j just sat there looking at the floor. "I'm really sorry Alex", she added and walked over to him and pulled him into a big, bear hug. "Its going to be OK"

"Can I sleep in your bed with you, I won't try anything? I just don't want to be alone_I just want to hold someone and have someone hold me_.and make this pain go away", A.j said quietly and Amber just smiled.

"Of course you can sleep in my bed, I trust you, I mean how long have we known each other mister, since we were babies.", she laughed and A.j looked up at her with a smile.

"Come on now its 3:00 in the morning, lets get some rest", said Amber

A.j and Amber made it upstairs to the bedroom and A.j was beginning to remove all his clothing, even his boxers when Amber stopped him. He smiled and said sorry, at home he always sleeps in the nude. They crawled in bed and Amber held A.j as he tried to escape his sadness with sleep. "Thank you." He whispered. "No problem", she said and went to sleep.