- Text Size +
Chapter 12


Amber thought about calling him back right then and there but deicide not to. If she did he would ask her about her day and once again she would have to lie to him and hurt even more then she was already. “But shouldn’t he be happy for me?” Amber thought. “I know Brian would never do anything to hurt me and I’ve known him a long time.” But no matter what Amber knew it wasn’t time to tell A.j about her and Brian. He would go straight into big brother mode but then again the lies would continue. Amber sighed, walked upstairs and took a nice hot shower, got into bed and tried to get some sleep.

The next few weeks where both heaven and hell for Amber. A.j called almost everyday and begged for her to visit him, she would always laugh and say,” J it’s only been two weeks since you saw me.” But never the less she loved the feeling of being needed. On the other hand Amber spent a lot of time with Brian. Their relationship was going great and all the guys knew about except of course A.j for obvious reasons.

“Hey guys!” said Nick as Amber and Brian approached him and the guys hand in hand. Earlier that day Kevin had invited them all over for a cook out since it was such a nice day.

“Hi.”

“Hey.” Replied Brian.

“Glad you two love birds could make it.” Joked Kevin as he walked over and hugged a blushing Amber.

“Wouldn’t miss your cooking for the world Kev.” Answered Amber.

“I know. I’m the best.” Kevin said, placing his hand on his heart and looking towards the sky.

“Oh brother now you’ve done it Amber.” Joked Howie.

“Hey leave Amby alone, she can cater to my ego anytime.” Kevin said, as he stepped in front of Amber.

“You guys are something else you know that?” asked Amber. Causing everyone to laugh.

Everyone sat around the picnic table Kevin had outside and laughed and talked. Every few minutes Kevin would get up to check the grill.

“So Kev, what made you wanna have this nice little get together?” asked Amber.

“Well since we have a little time off and we all don’t get to see very much of you Amby that we should have a little party.”

“For little old me?” Amber asked, imitating a southern accent.