- Text Size +
Chapter 13


“Yep for little old you.” Answered Brian as he leaned over and softy kissed her temple.

“Oh god must you two do that?” asked Nick.

“Nick when your old enough to have a stable relationship you’ll understand what it means to be in love.” Answered Brian, which made Amber smile.

Love? Was I hearing properly when Brain said we were in love? Amber thought to herself and sighed happily.

Nick just rolled his eyes and muttered “Whatever….I don’t think A.j’s going to be happy when he finds out.”

Even though he said it low everyone heard him except Kevin and Howie, they where bringing the food to the table.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

“Alex honey I’ll be back in about in hour ok? I’m going to pick up some groceries do you want me to bring you something back?” asked Denise.

“Naw that’s ok, I’m straight.” (AN: no pun intended...lol)

“Ok sweetheart.” Said Denise and left.

A.j sat on the couch and channel surf until he came up on a soap opera. He sat and watched a few minutes. It was the basic theme, guy likes girl, girl likes guy, breaks up with guy, and guy falls for best friend, being a girl. A.j laughed lightly at how much this story was just like his life. Except for the falling for his best friend. This made him think. He had came to his mom’s to get over Julie but in the reality he never once thought about her since he’d been there, he only thought about Amber. This caused him to smile. He loved Amber. She was the one he could count on to never lie to him or break his heart.

“Am I in love with Amber?” he thought to himself. “Or am I just fooling myself.”

A.j sat there and thought about this. Then a smile appeared as he looked around the room and spotted a picture of him and Amber. The picture was taken on his 24th Birthday; Amber had thrown him a surprise party, which was hard because it was hard keeping it a secret from him. In the picture A.j was sitting on a chair with Amber on his lap with his arms around her, smiles on their faces.

“We make a cute couple.” A.j said out loud to him self.

“Yeah I think so to.” Came a voice.

A.j turned around to see his mom walking through the door hands full of groceries, so he got up and helped her carry the bags. Once everything was put away Denise turned to her son with a knowing smile.