- Text Size +
Chapter 14


“Yes mom?” asked A.j, trying to play dumb.

“Nothing, just glad you finally realized it.”

“Realized what?” asked A.j, as he followed his mom into the living room. She stopped and held up the picture A.j had been looking at just a few minutes ago. A.j sighed and smiled. “ I can’t keep anything for you mom, can I?”

“Nope.” She returned his smile.

“But mom I don’t wanna go back and tell Amber how I feel, it would freak her out! And I don’t wanna ruin our friendship, I’d be lost without her.”

“I know sweetheart but sometimes you have to take a risk…a risk for love. You never know she might feel the same about you.” Denise couldn’t believe she was telling A.j to take a risk when normally she was the one trying to talk him out of it.

“But what if she doesn’t, I mean then I will be alone and hurting even more then when I started.”

“No mater what A.j Amber loves you. If it’s like a friend, brother or something more you’ll never find out if you don’t tell her how you feel.”

A.j looked at his mom and smiled. “You always know the right things to say mom, I love you.”

“I love you to.” She hugged him. “Now go get the woman of your dreams.”

A.j smiled and ran to his room and began to pack. Tomorrow he was going back to Florida and put his heart out on the line.