- Text Size +
Chapter 15


~*~Meanwhile~*~

The cook out was over. After Nick’s little comment Amber really didn’t feel like eating. She was just shocked at what he had said but didn’t say anything; she really didn’t feel like fighting with anyone. She was going to need as many friends as she could get once A.j knew. Brian walked her up to her doorstep like he did every time they went out. This night was different though.

“Baby is something bothering you?” Brian asked as Amber looked at the ground suddenly finding it very interesting. Brian placed a finger under her chin and forced her to meet his eyes. “Amber why are you crying?” concern filling his eyes.

Amber pushed away from him and tried to open the door but her tears blurred her vision. “I lied to him.”

“Lied to who baby?”

“Alex.”

Brian was silent. He for one felt bad as well for not telling A.j but he was allowed to be happy and that was what he was…happy with Amber. He wanted to tell A.j that he felt bad for his break up with Julie and all but there is no happiness with out suffering. But then he thought…it would be hard for him to see it that way seeing that A.j is a very stubborn person.

“Brian?” Amber asked barely above a whisper.

“Yeah?”

“Can we go somewhere tomorrow just the two of us and try to figure out what we are going to do when A.j gets back?”

Brian sighed; he knew that would be the best thing to do.

“Yeah, I’’ pick you up around 1:30 ok?”

“Yeah.” Amber leaned in a kissed Brian softly on the lips and they said good night.

The next day it was about 1:00 when Amber was waiting for Brian to arrive. Then the doorbell rang, she got up and went to answer the door, expecting Brian.

“A.j?”