- Text Size +
Chapter 16

Amber couldn't believe her eyes. Here stood A.j at her doorstep with a wide smile on his face.

"If he knew what I have to tell him he wouldn’t be smiling that's for sure." Amber thought to herself. But put on a smile on for his sake. She looked A.j over; he was wearing dark blue Tommy Hilfiger jeans and a white wife beater that had the logo in the middle. "Dame he looks good." she thought. But dismissed that thought from her head, she was with Brian now. Amber's eye's rested upon a teddy bear A.j was holding. The bear was white and holding a big red heart, which read the letters, I love you in the middle.

"Well aren’t you going to invite me in?" A.j asked, his voice breaking Amber's train of thought.

"Yeah, sure." she replied and moved aside to allow him to enter.

The both sat on the couch in silence, waiting for the other to speak.

"A.j I..."

"Amber I..."

They started at the same time then laughed.

"You go first,” said A.j

Amber became really nervous and a little bit scared to tell him about her and Brian. She wasn't sure how he was going to handle it. A soft whisper came from her lips.

"I lied."

"Lied about what baby girl?"

Amber looked down at her hands as her eye's began to fill with tears that where begging to fall.

"I lied to you...all those times when you called and check up on me I lied, I didn’t have to work." She couldn't cry not in front of him, she had to stay strong but got scared when A.j didn't say anything.

"Baby girl is that what your worried about?" he asked, "Don't worry about it, I understand if you didn't want to go don't feel bad...." He started but Amber cut him off.

"You don't understand J...I lied!"

"I understand that but...." he started but was cut off again.

"I lied to you so I wouldn't have to come with you to your mom's...I'm an awful friend ya know? At the time when you needed me most I should had been there for you and I wasn't." Amber got up and walked into the kitchen and A.j followed closely behind. Amber was looking out her kitchen window; A.j came up behind her and tried to place his arms around her.

"NO! Don’t touch me...everything I touch turns to shit."

"Amber you don't understand...I forgive you for not wanting to come with me, it's ok I'm not going to hold it against you."

Amber turned around. "No J you don't understand." she spat back at him and it came out a little harsher then expected. A.j looked at her with hurt in his eyes. Amber felt bad, she knew she was the reason he was hurting. A.j placed one arm around Amber's waist and the other to her chin and make eye contact with him. She looked up into his big brown eyes and saw something she never saw before. She saw love. All the pain and confusion was turned into love. A.j leaned in and sofly placed his lips on hers. Amber couldn’t believe this was happing. She placed her hands behind his neck to deepen the kiss. She knew she shouldn’t be doing this but it felt so right. This was something she'd never experienced before in her life. To feel A.j's warm lips and tongue exploring her mouth was heavenly. Amber slipped her hands under his shirt to feel his firm, muscular but smooth stomach and A.j slipped his hands un her shirt and began to un-hook Amber's bra.

"Wait, I can't do this." Amber said breaking the kiss and looked at A.j who had an understanding look on his face. He respected Amber and didn't want to push her into having sex with him. She was a virgin and if she wasn’t ready he'd wait. "I'm with someone Alex."