- Text Size +
Chapter 17

If there where any words that could explain how A.j felt when she said that...forget it because words couldn't describe how he felt. “How could this be possible?” he thought, “How can a person keep on having their heart broken over and over again.” They stood there staring at each other when the sound of the doorbell filled the house.

“Brian.” Amber said softly.

“Brian?!?” repeated A.j with a confused and angry look on his face. Amber looked at him.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“Yeah…me to.” And with that he walked to the front door and swung it open, Brian stated to say hi but chose not to, judging by the look on his face.

“A.j I can explain.” Brian started to defend himself.

“Ohh really? Well explain it to me Brian!! Explain to me how two of the most important people can lie to me as if I don’t have feelings!”

“A.j you should be happy Amber’s found someone. You know of all people I would never hurt her, I….”

“Don’t you dare say you love her!!” A.j yelled and Amber walked up next to Brian and held his hand. Brian looked at her and gave her a small smile. “Don’t look at her like that!”

“A.j I…”

“Save it Amber. I don’t wanna hear your shit right now!”

“Well I’m sorry but you gonna have to!” Amber yelled back at him, finding confidence to stick up for herself. “Who was there for you when Julie left huh? Who was the one you came running to? Me Alex me!!”

“And!?!”

“Well don’t you think I get sick and tired of putting up with your shit? You go through relationships what? Every 5 minutes.”

“Well at least I have relationships!! I’m sorry if were all not as perfect as you Amber!” A.j spat back.

“I can’t have relationships because I’m to busy talking care of you!”

“I should go.” Brain said.

“NO! Stay with me Brian.”

Brian just nodded and walked into the house, he wanted Amber and A.j to work it out and then he was going to talk to A.j.

“Forget it!” yelled A.j and threw the teddy bear on the ground.

“I wanna be friends with you Alex and I want you to accept this.”

A.j looked at Amber. The love she saw in his eyes a few minutes ago was filled with coldness and hurt.

“Well I can’t and I won’t just accept this.” Said A.j, stressing the word accept. “I really hope sacrificing our friendship for him is worth it Amber, I really do. Because let me tell you something, life and love aren’t just one big fairy tale, not all love stories have a happy ending.”

“Yeah you should know, you and Amanda fit the “best couple of the year” category.”

Amber’s sarcastic remark stab A.j’s heart…it stabbed him deep.

“I’m sorry J I shouldn’t have…”

“You have no right to go there Amber!”

“Your right and I’m sorry.” She said a lot calmer.

“Yeah…a sorry excuse for a best friend.” A.j said coldly and walked away.

Amber stood there and watched him as he drove away, then she let the tears fall. Amber looked down at the teddy bear A.j had bought her and held it against her chest and walked back into her house. She slid down her door, resting on the floor, crying her eyes out. Their argument played over and over in her mind.

“Why are you acting this way Alex?” Amber asked out loud to herself.

“He’s in love with you.” Came a voice and Amber turned to meet Brian’s eyes.