- Text Size +
Chapter 18

Amber just sat there staring at Brian.

"What?"

"Come on Amber, it's the only explanation why his acting like this. A.j and I have known each other a very long time and I know he trusts me."

"Brian A.j is just in big brother mode, he doesn't feel that way about me." Amber said, trying to convince herself more than Brian. "That would explain the kiss." she thought to herself but dismissed it, there was no way he felt this way about her and even if he did why did it take him this long to say something? Amber felt so confused.

"Brian I have to tell you something. Before you got here A.j..."

"Let me guess...he kissed you."

"How did you know?"

"That's what any guy would do. Amber put yourself in his shoes and tell me you wouldn't feel the same as he does."

"I would but Brian I don't wanna be with him that way...I wanna be with you and only you and Alex is just gonna have to accept that." Amber said through her tears.

"Are you sure? You don't feel that way about him?"

"Yes."

~*~Meanwhile~*~

A.j pulled into his driveway, got out his car and went inside. Once he locked the door he slowly made his way to his bedroom, striping off his clothes as he went to take a hot shower. After his shower A.j felt a little more relaxed. He lay across his bed; in his towel (AN: Imaging A.j with a towel around his waist laying across a bed *hot flash* LOL) still laying down A.j felt for his remote for his stereo and turned it on.
A song called “Falling” was on and he softly sang along.

"I don't know why But girl it seems You've touched my life You're in my dreams You're in my heart I'm by myself When we're apart, Something strange has come over me A raging wind across my seas And girl you know that your eyes are to blame And what am I supposed to do If I can't get over you I come to find that you don't feel the same.”

A.j realized how the song related to his situation but continued to sing as he walked over to his closet and changed into boxers.

"Cause I'm fallin' Girl I'm fallin' for you And I pray your fallin' too I've been fallin' fallin' Ever since the moment I laid eyes on you. Will you stay or will you go Heaven, heaven knows what my future holds Questions, questions linger on my mind Day break from day break to dark of night I'm fallin' I don't know what's come over me I’m fallin’.”

After the song ended A.j cut off his stereo and climbed into bed and once again, but without Amber, try to escape his broken heart with sleep.