- Text Size +
Chapter 19


~*~Meanwhile~*~

"Are you sure you wanna do this Amber? We don't have to if you’re not ready." Brian asked as he lay with Amber on her bed.

"Yeah I’m sure." she replied and gave him a small smile.

It was as if everything was going in slow motion when Brian leaned over and kissed Amber's soft, full lips. His kisses felt good but not as good as A.j's. Amber thought but dismissed it just as quickly as it had came. Brian moved his hands up and down Amber's stomach and began to kiss her neck.

"Alex." Amber let escape her mouth in a moan and Brian stopped and looked at her in surprise.

"Amber why did you just..."

"I'm sorry Brian it's just I have A.j on my mind that's all."

"Are you sure you don't have feelings for him?" Brian asked a little afraid of her answer.

"Yeah." Amber said but sounded unsure of herself.

"Maybe I should go."

"No please don't leave me." Amber pleaded.

"I think it's best if I go home but I'll call you tomorrow ok?" Brian asked and Amber nodded. "You just need some time alone to figure out some things and there’s nothing wrong with that." Brian said, walking to the door. Brian kissed Amber on the cheek and left. Amber walked back to her bedroom and sat by the window and looked at the star filled sky. Amber felt something soft under her so she moved to see what it was; it was the teddy bear that A.j had. She looked at it and let her fingers trace the words on the bear's heart. After a few more minutes Amber took a nice long bubble bath to calm her nerves. She came out the bathroom feeling refreshed but not tired. So she changed into her pink pajama pants and matching tank top and slip on her pink flip-flops, put her hair into a messy bun and walked out the door and to her car. Amber didn't know where she was going in till she came upon a house that was so familiar to her, A.j's. Amber sat in her car, deciding rather or not to go talk to him but then after awhile thought it would be best not to so she drove back home.

A.j sat in his window and watched as Amber drove off. Part of him wanted to hold her but the other part wanted nothing to do with her, push her away but he knew he couldn’t do that to someone he loved. A.j picked up the phone and called his mother, she would know what to say to make this all better.

“Hello?” answered Denise’s tired voice.

“She doesn’t love me.”

“Alex? Sweetheart what’s wrong?” she asked more awake now then before.

“I told her mom and I even kissed her but come to find out when I was gone she started dating someone and that’s not the worse part…it’s Brian!”

“Sweetie I’m so sorry, if I had never…”

“It’s ok…it’s not your fault.” A.j said with a sigh. There was a short silence then Denise spoke.

“I know some news that might cheer you up. Do you remember Krista?”

Krista, Amber and A.j grew up together till Krista’s parents got divorced and she went to live with her mom in California when she was ten. Krista was on the heavy side but still a beautiful person inside and out. Her and Amber where like sisters, inseparable…that is in till she moved, she didn’t know why but they had seem to lose contact with each other and the same with A.j and Krista. She had a crush on A.j when they where younger but never said anything about it because she didn’t want to ruin their friendship, she was just happy to be around him.

“Krista?” A.j said and them though about it some more. “Oh yeah, I haven’t seen her in awhile, why?”

“Well she’s on her way to coming into town for a week or so, I know you guys haven’t seen one another since you where ten but still I think it might do you some good to be around her.”

“Yeah, maybe.” A.j said with sadness still in his voice. “Mom I gotta go ok?”

“Ok sweetie, I love you.”

“Love you to. Bye.”

“Bye.”

A.j tried to get comfortable in he’s bed and get some sleep.