- Text Size +
Chapter 20

The next couple of days where really hard, all the guys knew about the Amber/Brian/A.j situation but didn’t know what they could about it, so they all kept there distance for a while. A.j was sitting on his couch watching Next Friday when his doorbell sounded thought the house. He reluctantly got up to open it, whoever it was he wasn’t in the mood to deal with them, he just wanted to be left alone…just for a while. A.j open the door and was surprised to see this beautiful woman on his doorstep. She was about 5’5, light green eyes, black hair that came to her shoulders, medium figure and a bright smile plastered on her face.

“Well, don’t I get a hug or something Mr. McLean?” she said.

Even though he hadn’t seen her in so long he never would forget the sound of her voice.

“Krista?” he asked.

“The one and only.” She smiled and he pulled her in for a hug.

“God it’s good to see you. Please come in.” he said and stepped aside for her to enter. She went to grab her suitcase but A.j stopped her. “Here, let me.”

“Thanks.”

“Anything for a pretty lady.” A.j said smiled and winked at her, she felt her heart skip a beat.

“Nice house McLean.”

“Thanks.” He said not taking his eyes off her. They both sat down in the living room and caught up on things about each other and past relationships just laughing and having a good time.

“Man Krista how long has it been since we last saw each other?”

“I think about 14 years, that’s a really long time.”

“Yeah, if you don’t mind me asking and I don’t mean to sound rude or anything but why are you here?”

“My little sister is finally getting married.”

“Katie? Little Katie?” A.j asked in disbelief.

“Yep.”

“Wow, I guess I always knew she would get married.”

“I’m happy for her, she’s found someone to love her and share her life with…some of us aren’t so lucky.” Krista finished and looked down at hands.

“I know what you mean.” A.j agreed.

“So Alex how’s Amber?”

A.j tensed up at the mention of her name. “She’s ok.”

“That’s good to hear. I missed you guys a lot.”

A.j smiled and hugged her. “I missed you to.”

“God he smells so good.” Krista thought to herself after they pulled apart.

“So where are you staying while you’re here?”

“I’m staying with my sister.” She answered.

“Well not any more, your staying right here and hey, look at it this way all your bags are here so you might as well stay. We can catch up on old times.” He said and placed an arm around her and smiled.

“Well…Ok.” She returned his smile.