- Text Size +
Chapter 21

A.j smiled, he was happy she'd stay with him. After that Krista asked him if he would be her date for the wedding and he said yes.

"So I take it your the maid of honor for little Katie?"

"Yep, it's weird you know? Watching my baby sister get married before I do, it kinda makes me feel old." Krista smiled and so did A.j.

"You know you’ve changed a lot since the last time I saw you."

"What?" Krista asked innocently. " You expected to see a ten year old with no shape, very flat chest and no ass? Sorry to disappoint you McLean." she laughed and so did he.

"No, I knew you where going to grow up to be a fine young woman, not that you weren’t back then but it's just...different now."

Krista nodded in agreement. "I could say the same about you Alex. When I left you didn't have all those tattoos and if my memory is correct you didn't color your hair every five seconds." she laughed and ruffled his hair a bit.

"Hey, Hey watch the hair!" he said joking around. There was something in her laugh that mesmerized him. It was refreshing to have her here with him as if god had finally answered his prayers. But no matter how much a beautiful person she was inside and out A.j couldn't just take his mind off Amber. He missed her, he needs her, to hold her, but most of all to love her, but that seemed imposable at the moment.

"Alex are you ok?" Krista asked worriedly

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Krista looked him in the eyes and said. "I can tell when someone is hiding something but if you don't wanna talk about it it's fine, I won't pry." Krista said with the most calming voice and A.j knew she was telling the truth, something he's so called friends wouldn't do.

"It's about Amber." He started. "We had a fight a couple of days ago."

"Really? You and Amber are the last people on earth I thought would ever fight. What was it about?"

A.j was about to tell Krista he was in love with Amber but decided not to. It would be much easier to forget about loving her if he didn't say it out loud.

"She lied to me, when you have a friendship with someone your suppose to stay true and honest and be there for them when they need you ya know? A friend is someone you can depend on to tell you the honest to god truth and be there when it seems like the world has turned it's back on you." "I'm guessing you know about my break up with my ex-girlfriend, Julie?"

"Yes."