- Text Size +
Chapter 22


"Well that same night we broke up I went over to Amber's just to have comfort from someone, a very close friend, well who I once thought of her that way. Well being a celebrity has it's up's and down's but the night after the break up it was all over MTV news and stuff so I went home to let things blow over."

Krista nodded for him to continue.

"When I got there I realized how much I missed her. I wanted her to be with me and help me get through this. I called her almost everyday to check up on her, she had told me the reason why she could come with me was because she was working when all along she was lying to me and going out with one of my best friends, Brian."

"She should have told you instead of lying to you, why would Amber do something like this? Doesn’t she respect your friendship?"

"I think that's why she did it. She was afraid that if I found out it would crush me, seeing how I had just gotten out a relationship. But all it really did was hurt me even more. Don't get me wrong I really do wanna see Amber happy with someone, I really do it's just..."

"You want that someone to be you." Krista finished for him.

A.j nodded slowly.

"Krista, you ever loved somebody who didn't love you back?" A.j asked and looked her in the eyes.

"Yeah." she answered sadly. "I'm in love with you,” she thought to herself.

Now it was A.j's turn to be worried as he saw the sadness in her eyes. "Are you ok?" he asked, stressing the word you.

"I will be...I will be."

A.j thought about it for a minute then realized why Krista was so sad.

"Krista do you..."

"It's ok Alex really,” she answered before he could finish the question but he asked it anyways.

"Do you have feelings for me?"

"Would you act weird around me if I said yes?"

"No. I mean who could resist me?" A.j asked in a joking manner and Krista laughed as well.

At that moment A.j realized something. Krista was a nice young lady and very understanding, he could talk to her just like he use to talk to...well...you know. Why couldn't he fall for Krista? He couldn't just sit there and be depressed over Amber, he had to move on and he knew this for a fact but was he ready to move on was the real question.