- Text Size +
Chapter 23


It had been a little over a week since Amber had last seen A.j and that was just fine with her because she had Brian. But in the back of her mind she couldn't help but think about him. She missed him...a lot. Amber looked over at Brian; he was flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. He was kind and sweet, hell she had liked him since she was 16, but no mater what he could never be A.j. The thought never had crossed Amber's mind that A.j had deeper feelings for her rather then friends, but then again he had just broke up with his girlfriend...she was nothing but rebound, a little toy he could play with but she refused to be that way. She was in love with Brian and she planed to prove it, not just to A.j but also to everyone.

"Hey baby?" Amber asked.

"Yeah?"

"One of my oldest friend's sister is getting married on Sunday and I was wondering if you would be my date?"

Brian turned and faced her with a smile and said. "There’s nothing I would love more."

"Great!" Amber beamed and gave Brian a very passionate kiss on the lips. "I want you to met one of my old friends, Krista! You'll love her, I haven’t seen her for awhile but I'm sure she hasn't changed that much."

Brian just smiled and continued to channel surf. Amber looked out the window with a smile. Her life would be perfect if it wasn't for A.j. Speaking of A.j...I wonder what he's doing right now?

~*~Meanwhile~*~

"A.j don't you dare!" Krista screamed as A.j chased her around his kitchen. He had tried to fix lunch for them but failed horribly. Krista was making fun of his cooking skills or should I say lack there of, so he picked up a hand full of wanna be macaroni and was about to throw it at her when she started running.

"Krista...Krista...Krista." A.j said as he slowly went around the table where Krista was standing.

"Alex...Alex...Alex." she mocked him. "You know I was just joking around with you when I said you couldn't cook right?" she said trying to defend herself but A.j just shook his head and smiled evilly and continued to close in on her. Krista looked around and found out that he had backed her in a corner, there was no way out. She set her eyes on A.j who was grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm gonna enjoy this." he laughed but was cut short by a piece of cake that was thrown in his face. He slowly wiped the frosting away from his eyes and looked at Krista, who was on the floor laughing her head off. "Ohh so you think that's funny huh?" A.j asked as he took a piece of the cake and rubbed it in Krista's face and she stopped laughing and A.j started.

"I can't believe you just did that." Krista said, wiped the frosting from her face and laughed.

"Well believe it baby."

After having a good laugh A.j reached for Krista's hand to help her up off the kitchen floor. That's when he first got a good look...a really good look into Krista's eyes. There he saw so much love and compassion...and warmth.

"What?" Krista asked with a smile on her face but received no answer. A.j slowly placed his lips on hers and she returned it. A.j slid his hands around her waist and deepened the kiss. It felt as it they had been kissing forever, it came so natural to them, as if they where meant to be together. Maybe just maybe Krista was A.j's forever. The one he had been searching for all his life. But then Amber flashed in is mind and he broke the kiss and looked away, anywhere but Krista's eyes.

"Look Alex, you don't have to worry about what happened here tonight, I know it was just a spur of the moment thing, its cool." Krista said, with sad eyes.

"No it's not ok. I'm so sorry, I’m playing with your feelings but I didn't mean to I swear." A.j said then placed his figure under Krista's chin. "You deserve someone who can return the love you have inside you...I can't at lease not right now...even though Amber may never be mine I still have to go through the heartache. But if wouldn’t be fair to you."

Krista nodded. "Alex can I ask you something?"

"You already did." he joked and Krista smiled.

"Silly. But if...if you didn't...have feelings for Amber...could..."

"Yes. I could see myself with you." he answered her question smiling, which made Krista blush.

“By the way McLean, your kisses taste like…” Krista licked her lips. “Like chocolate.” She joked and A.j busted out laughing.

“Likewise, likewise.”