- Text Size +
Chapter 25

After the song ended Krista spotted Amber and ran over to her smiling.

"Amber! Oh my god it's so good to she ya!" Krista said as she hugged Amber and she hugged back.

"Krista, I've missed you so much." Amber said, matching Krista's expression. "Krista I want you to meet by boyfriend, Brian, Brian this is my friend Krista."

"Hi."

"Hi." said Brian smiling as he looked Krista over. She was a very attractive woman. Then his gaze turned to A.j who was walking towards them. When he got to them he placed an arm around Krista and kissed her cheek.

"Hey J." Brian said, trying to break the ice.

"Hi." He muttered back barely auditable and looked at Amber. "God she looks good." he thought. Amber was wearing light pink, short dress, short sleeves. Her hair was down and looked silky to the touch.

"So J, how have you been?" Amber asked and broke him out of his daze.

"I've been better." He said coldness in his voice. “Come on Kris lets dance some more.” A.j said and began to walk away with Krista.

“No! A.j we can’t just ignore this like it never happened.”

“Really Amber? Well watch me. I don’t need you or anyone to tell me what I can and can’t do hell I’m a 24-year-old man! If you wanna play mama go play it to him!” A.j said angrily as her pointed to Brian.

“A.j look…”


“No you look Brian, ever since I’ve known you you’ve been one of my best friends, a big brother to me, I thought I could trust the both of you but I was wrong, very wrong.”

“You can trust us J really you can.” Brian pleaded.

“How can I huh? Tell me how I’m suppose to trust you two once again when every word out your mouths was nothing but a bunch of lies? It’s your own fault we don’t have a friendship.”

“Why? Because you think you’ve fallen in love with her?” Brian asked, getting a little mad himself.

“I didn’t think, I know.” A.j spat back. Brian was about to say something when Amber broke into their argument.

"Can we talk?" she asked hopefully.

"There’s nothing to talk about,” he said as he walked toward the exit with Amber on his tail, leaving Krista and Brian standing there on the dance floor.

"What do you mean there's nothing to talk about J? Our friendship is on the line here." she asked once they where outside.

"Well last time I checked, you really didn't care about our friendship."

"Alex, please I don't wanna fight with you anymore, these last couple of weeks haven't been so pleasant for me."

"Oh really? So your pain counts but mine doesn't."

"We both know that's not what I meant."

"So what do you mean then Amber? Please tell me cause inquiring minds are waiting to know what it is Amber-im-to-good-for-anyone-Lynn Cortez meant."

"I'm not gonna talk to you when your like this."

"Does it look like I really give a rat's ass?"

"Why are you being like this?" Amber asked the question that she wanted to know the answer to for so long but was afraid of the answer.

"Why am I acting like this?" A.j asked as anger took over. "Well let’s see.......one of the most important people in my life, who I’ve known since forever and trusted, lied to me." Amber looked down; she couldn't disagree with him on that because that was what she had done. "Then behind my back went out with one of my best friends, who let's not forget lied to me as well, ya know I use to think that you and my mom where the only people in this world who actually understood me...well looks like that theory just bit me in the ass."

"Alex how many times do you want me to say I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!!"

"No I'm sorry Amber...for thinking you could love me more then just a friend." he said in a calm voice. "Who am I kidding, I'll never find someone...I'm destined to be alone." He said as he sat down on a nearby bench, Amber sat next to him.

"You’re not destined to be alone J.,” she said softly. She wanted to tell him anything to let him know he had found a way to her heart. And at that moment Amber realized, she was in love. She was in love with a boy she has watched become a man and fulfill all his wildest dreams, and that man was A.j but she still had some feeling for Brian so she shouldn’t act on them just yet. Amber hesitated for a minute rather or not to hug him but then she did. She held him and then after a while he returned the hug. It felt so good to have he near. A.j loved the feeling Amber's hugs had, almost as if they where protecting him. A.j slowly pulled away and looked into her gray eyes, their noses where touching. He cupped her face with his hands and smiled.


"Thank you." he said softy.

"Your welcome." she said just as soft. A.j kissed her on the cheek and got up.