- Text Size +
Chapter 27

After the song ended a man around his early 30s took the microphone and spoke to the guests.

“Alright you all know what time it is, it’s time for the bouquet toss. You all know how it goes, all the single ladies report to the dance floor! I repeat all the single ladies report to the dance floor.” The man said.

“Excuse me Alex.” Krista asked politely and walked to the dance floor.

“What? I don’t count for anything?” he joked and Krista laughed and continued to her destination.

“Go on you know you want to Amber.” Brian said smiling. Amber looked at him from her piece of wedding cake she hadn’t touched.

“Brian the guy said all the single ladies.” Amber said, stressing the word single.

“But you are single.”

This caused Amber to look him straight in the eyes. “Wha…what did you just say?”
Brian looked at her with sad eyes and tried to smile but it was to hard to, he had to end it before it got to far and to deep to hurt anymore then it did right now.

“I said you are single. Amber look at me and tell me you don’t love him, can you?” Brian asked. Amber looked down. “See, you can’t…because it would be a lie.”

“But Brian I not sure about what I want, maybe it’s just cause I missed him so much, not having him in my life to share my happiness is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do.”

“Are you happy with me? I don’t wanna hold you back from him or anything for that matter.”

“Yes Brian I’m happy with you.” Said Amber. That wasn’t a complete lie. She did have feelings for Brian. Maybe the way she thought she felt about A.j was just a spur of the moment kind of thing…yeah that was it, it didn’t mean anything. Amber looked over to A.j’s table and watched as he smiled at Krista who was in the bouquet toss.

“Ok ladies are ya ready?” Katie asked with a huge smile on her face.

“Yeah.” All ladies said back to her, almost in unison. Katie smiled and counted to three and faked throwing the bouquet and laughed.

“Come on Katie stop playing around with us.” Jenna joked at her cousin. Katie said ok but then did the same thing.

“Katie if you don’t throw that bouquet soon I’m gonna end up taking it from you.” Krista joked at her sister.

“Oh so Krista is a little excited to get married.” Katie joked back and looked at A.j. “Alex can you handle my sister?”

A.j smiled and joked back. “She knows who the real boss is.” His comment made everyone laugh.

“Oh really McLean?” Krista asked back smiling. She walked over to him and sat on his lap with everyone watching including Amber and Brian and put one of her arms around his neck, got close to his ear and said in a sexy voice, loud enough so everyone could hear. “But you said I was the boss last night.” She joked back. Ohh’s came from everyone at Krista smart comeback.

“Kris got him in check.” Katie yelled and caused everyone to laugh.

She kissed his cheek and returned to the dance floor, moving her hips from side to side. A.j just smiled from ear to ear. “Damn that woman is something.” He thought to himself.

Amber sat at her table in shock. “Did Krista and A.j sleep together”? Amber thought. No it couldn’t be. They wouldn’t cross that line. Krista was attractive, very attractive. She had changed a lot since the last time Amber had seen her; she had lost weight and had an appearance that would make Britney Spears sick to her stomach. Not that she wasn’t beautiful before cause she was. She was just a little shy but now that shy girl had turned into a confident young woman.