- Text Size +
Chapter 30

A.j and Krista lay in bed together, just talking and laughing, holding each other. The only light that entered the room was the light of the stars and the moon as they filled the sky.

“Alex?”

“Hmm.”

“What made you change your mind about Amber?” Krista asked and looked into A.j’s chocolate brown eyes.

“I don’t know. We had a talk and worked our friendship out and then I realized it. I wasn’t in love with her anymore. After we made up all I could think about was you.”

Krista sat up. “Really? But when we were dancing you and Amber locked eyes and it was like you shared a silent I love you or something. I’ll admit that hurt like hell, at that moment I knew nothing I could ever do could make you love me.” Krista said as a tear fell from her eye but she brushed it away. This made A.j sit up as well.

“But Kris you did do something to make me love you, Forget that because you didn’t make me. I fell in love with you without even noticing it. The love you have in your eyes and the warmth in your heart is what I fell for. I don’t know how else I can prove it to you but I do know this……that moment when Amber and I locked eyes were bliss to me. But when we made love it was truly without a doubt…love.”

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Are you sure?” A.j asked in return.

“Yes, I am Alex. I’ve been sure I loved you since the moment I set my eyes on you 14 years ago. But the real question is are you sure?” Krista said, stressing the word you.

“Yes. Baby I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.” A.j replied and kissed Krista softy on the lips.

“How do you think she’ll react once she finds out?”

“Who?”

“Amber. Alex to you Amber may just be a friend now but what if she changed her mind? Then what?”

“Krista it doesn’t matter. I told her how I felt about her and she made it perfectly clear she didn’t feel the same.”

“But what if she does? She could of just been confused with all the emotions thrown at her all at once and so fast.” Krista asked and A.j looked her straight in the eyes.

“What are you trying to say? You don’t want to be with me and that I should lust over a person I can’t have?”

“No Alex. That’s not what I meant at all.”

“Then what did you mean?” he asked and wrapped his arms around her.

“I just don’t want to end up with a broken heart.” Krista finished in a whisper.

“Krista the last thing you will end up with is a broken heart. I’ll never hurt you.”

“Promise?” She asked and looked at him. A.j smiled, kissed her on the lips.”

“Promise.” He answered.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

“Come on Brian!” Amber said as she tired to get Brian out the car and into the theater.

“Amber for the last time I beg of you, let’s see something else!” he pleaded and Amber laughed.

“Nope. I want to see Lilo and Stitch and that’s that!”

Brian sighed in defeat and got out to the car with Amber and made their way in. A few people looked at Brian, trying to figure out where they had seen him before. He just kept his face down and walked with Amber up to the ticket counter.

“Two tickets for Halloween Resurrection.” Brian said before Amber could talk.

“Don’t mind what he just said.” Amber said to the ticket person. “Two tickets for Lilo and Stitch.” She corrected and smiled sweetly at the man. After they had gotten their tickets they got snacks and headed into the movie.

~*~1 hour and 45mins later~*~

The movie had just let out and Brian and Amber walked out.

“That was a cute movie, don’t ya think?” Amber asked and turned to Brian.

“Ok I’m going off record when I say this, I liked it.” Brian replied and Amber smiled.

“Told ya you would like it!”

“Yeah, yeah. Now let’s get out of here before…” Brian was cut off before he could finish.

“Amber? Brian?” The person asked and walked over to them.