- Text Size +
Chapter 32


"Here." Brian and Nick said in unison. They had went to the gumball machines and gotten two 25 cent rings. Amber and Caitlin looked at each other and laughed.

"Nice try Carter."

"Yeah Bri, nice try. But Caitlin and I are not 25 cent hoes." Amber joked and Caitlin agreed.

"You see this Nick? Our women are teaming up on us."

"Yeah I see, what's up with that?"

"I don't know and they just met each other to." Brian and Nick were so caught up in their conversation they didn't realize that Amber and Caitlin were headed towards the exit.

"Well I don't...Wait! Caitlin...Amber...wait!!" Nick called after them. Him and Brian ran to catch up with them.

"Damn you women walk fast." Brian said almost out of breath.

"Yeah." Was all that Nick could get out. Amber looked at Caitlin and giggled.

"Well we thought that since you guys were having such a heated conversation that the two of you would go home together and how do I say this?" Amber asked and turned to Caitlin.

"Release some of that sexual tension you have for us on each other." Amber and Caitlin busted out laughing but Nick and Brian didn't find anything about that subject funny. Nick looked at Brian and smiled.

"Oh no Carter!" Brian put his hands up in defense. "Not in this lifetime."

"I'm only kidding around with you Bri, if I was to go that way, which I won't but if I was I wouldn’t go after you." Nick laughed and so did Amber and Caitlin. The three of them started to walk with Brian right behind him. (AN: no pun intended)

"Why? What's wrong with me Carter? What I'm not good enough for you, is that it?" Brian joked.

"No, it's just I'm more attracted to A.j" Caitlin, Amber and Brian stopped and looked at him. They had just made it to their cars. It took all Nick's will power to keep a straight face. He would have paid money to see the looks they were giving him. Finally he just let it go and laughed.

"I'm just messing around with you guys."

"I don't know Nicky sometimes I wonder about you." Caitlin joked casing Brian and Amber to laugh.

"Whatever I was just kidding. I gotta get away from the three stooges." Nick smiled and hugged Amber and got in his car with Caitlin.

"We'll see ya later guys." Nick said, as he started up his car.

"Nice meeting you Caitlin." Brian smiled.

"Likewise."

"Hey Caitlin call me sometime so we could hang out and give our boys some...alone time with one another." Amber and Caitlin giggled.

"Ok. I'll get your number from Nick. See ya curly!" Caitlin joked.

"Bye Larry.” Amber joked back.

They all left the movie theater and went their separate ways. Nick and Caitlin were driving down the busy street just laughing and talking. This was her first real date with Nick. She had met him six weeks ago when the backstreet boys where on tour. They hit if off right after that. He spent most of the time he had off with her. When he had to leave for the next city he had wanted her to go with him but she explained she couldn't just up and leave her life behind and he understood were she was coming from so he didn't push it. They exchanged numbers, so when the black and blue tour was over he could fly her out to be with him. Nick never took Caitlin to meet any of the guys afraid one of them might steal her away from him. After that Nick found out that he was in love with Caitlin. As soon as her flight got in he was there to pick her up. That was the day he told her he loved her.


~*~Flashback~*~

Nick stood in the far corner looking at all the passengers exit from the plane. One by one they emerged but none where Caitlin. He started too worried she missed her flight or something.

"She doesn't want to see you Carter." Nick said to himself. Nick looked up and the final people got off the plane, still no Caitlin.

"WAIT!! WAIT!!" A voice cried and the flight attendant opened the doors once more to let the person threw. Nick looked up and saw Caitlin thanking the flight attendant and ran over to her. As soon as she was done Caitlin turned around only to be met by a huge hug from Nick. She squealed.

"Well gosh I missed you to." She smiled.

"Who wouldn't miss me? I'm irresistible." He joked.

"I wouldn’t go that far Carter." and Nick smiled and pulled her into another hug.

"I really missed you Caitlin. I couldn’t wait to see you.” He said as he slowly let her go to look into her deep brown eyes. Those eyes, the ones he found himself getting lost in. They held so much warmth and trust but most of all love.