- Text Size +
Chapter 33


“I have to tell you something but I don’t want to do it here so can we go?” Nick rushed that sentence out. For the past couple of days he had rehearsed everything he was going to say to her.

“Yeah sure, let’s get my suitcase and leave.”

The car ride to where Nick was taking Caitlin seemed never ending. The both sat in silence.

“I wonder what’s wrong with him all of a sudden?” Caitlin thought to herself.

“Come on Carter you can’t back out now, she already knows something’s up.” Nick thought to himself.

About 30minutes later Nick pulled into a deserted drive way. There where no cars in sight. He had taken her to a beach. A beach that seemed to be hidden from the world, there own little hid a way. Nick cut of the car and ran around to Caitlin’s side and opened the door for her then closed and locked the car. They made their way down to the beach and walked barefoot along the water as the sun was silently setting and the sky filled with those colors a painting could never capture. Down the beach there was a blanket set out and Nick took Caitlin’s hand and led her over to it. Caitlin laid on the blanket while Nick sat up looking down at her.

“She looks so beautiful.” He thought to himself watching her. Caitlin lay there with her eyes closed and a small smile growing on her face. The slight breeze blowing her hair, Nick reached down to move the hair behind her ear. That caused Caitlin to open her eyes.

“Well Carter, it’s now or never.” He thought to himself.

“Nicky are you ok?’ Caitlin sat up to get a better look at him, she was about to say something else but he placed a finger up to her lips to silence her.

“Baby I have something I need to tell you but I don’t know how you’ll react to it.” Nick said, running his right hand through his hair. “I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to say it now, it sounded good in my head but forming the actually words is harder then I thought.” Nick quickly said.

“Nick are you ok? What are you trying to say?” Caitlin asked concerned.

“I’m trying to tell you…I love you. I think I’ve always loved you Caitlin, even before I knew you and I know that sounds weird because we’ve only known each other a short while but I don’t care. People fall in and out of love every day. But I don’t ever want to fall out of love with you; I want to love you more and more each day, each minute, and each second. Everyone deserves love and I want to give it to you, I can love you like that…let me love you like that.” Nick finished his speech looking straight into Caitlin’s eyes as if he was trying to read her every emotion at that very moment. “Please say something Caitlin, anything.” Nick begged softly. Caitlin didn’t know how to respond to something like that so she let her actions speak for themselves…she kissed him. She kissed him with all she had and he returned it. This is what the both of them had been waiting for…each other. Caitlin and Nick slowly pulled apart; Caitlin still had her eyes closed so Nick gave her one more quick kiss on the lips. She opened her eyes to be met by Nick’s blue ones. The sun that so beautifully colored the sky was gone and the stars and the moon shined there light in its place.

“Be mine Caitlin.” Nick said softly. “Only mine.” Caitlin smiled.

“Yes.” Yes was the three letter word that started this new relationship for Nick and Caitlin.


~*~End of flashback~*~

Nick looked over at Caitlin who had fallen asleep in the passenger seat. She looked so peaceful, so happy and he was going to make sure she stayed that way as far as he was concerned. Nick pulled into his drive way and shut off the car. He didn’t want to wake Caitlin so he quietly and gently picked her up and carried her into the house and to her room. He laid her on her bed and kissed her forehead.

“Goodnight love.” He said and closed the door.