- Text Size +
Chapter 35

"Oh Nickelodeon." Amber said in a singsong voice and Nick turned to look at her only to be met by the super soaker. She had taken it from him to return to favor he had given her earlier. She really got him good. Amber laughed and got she and Caitlin out of the pool as quickly as possible considering the stunt they had just pulled. When they were out they laughed and gave each other a high five.

"Ha! We got you guys good! You should have seen your faces." Caitlin laughed at Howie and Nick's expressions on their faces, they couldn't believe girls had outsmarted them.

"Wha...What?" Howie asked in disbelief.

"Don't try to make sense of it D. Amber and Caitlin are an unstoppable team." Nick said, patting Howie on the back.

“Damn straight!” Amber and Caitlin giggled.

"Women." They both said.

Amber and Caitlin walked over and grabbed a towel to dry off a little when Amber felt two arms go around her. She was shocked at first but then relaxed.

"Alex?"

"Hey baby girl." He smiled as she turned around in his arms and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey." She replied softly, getting lost in his eyes. (AN: That seems to happen a lot in this story doesn't it? lol!)

"Hi amber." Amber was snatched from her daydream and her gaze fell upon Krista.

"Krista. Glad you could make it." She forced a smile.

"Well this is my party isn't it?" She smiled.

"Yeah."

"So is this the lady of the hour." Kevin said as he approached them smiling. He took Krista's hand and kissed it softly.

"Now there Kevin, the lady of the hour is already taken." A.j said and took his arms from around Amber and placed them around Krista. Amber felt her heart drop. She was right. They were together and that was it. A.j had done what she had told him to do and that was to accept it and move on. But she didn't want him to just move on a forget the feelings he had, had for her but then again it wasn't as if she didn't have some feelings for Brian. She did, it's just she never knew you could love more than one person at a time. She never expected this, she wished the feeling would just go away or better yet had never come at all, But love comes in unexpected forms.

"I'm Kevin."

"Krista. It's nice to meet you." She smiled and so did Kevin.

"You to."

Amber felt a little out of place so she turned to leave A.j, Krista and Kevin to talk; But not before A.j saw the look on her face. He wondered what was going on, she looked so sad and depressed when just a few minutes ago she was laughing and having fun. He made a note that he was going to get her alone before this night was over. As the day when on people were playing in the pool, having fun in the sun! All except Amber, who seemed to be lost in her own little world. Every time A.j would try to talk to her she would keep it short and avoid him as much as possible but why? He didn't understand, had he done something to piss her off? A.j got out of the pool and slowly walked over to were Amber sat, not sure how to approach the situation, hell he didn't even know the situation.

"Hey." He said softly.

(Silence)

"Mind if I sit down?"

(Silence)

"Amber I don't how to put this so I'll just come out and say it, What's wrong with you all of a sudden? I mean before I got here you seemed happy and now your all...I don't know...different."

(Silence)

"Amber please talk to me baby girl. I need to know what's going on with you, I'm worried about you." A.j took one of Amber's hands in his own and kissed it. "I'm here for you baby girl, no matter what...you know that right?"

(Silence)

A.j sighed. This was really bugging him. Why wouldn't she open up to him? She could trust him.

"I don't want to talk about it right now Alex." Amber said softly and A.j jerked his head back up, he was surprised she had said more than two words to him. "One day but not right now."

"Ok...I guess I can live with that."

As it started to get a little cool outside so they moved the party inside. After they all ate they talked for a while then one by one went home. The only people left were Caitlin, Amber, Brian and Nick.

"Hey Amby?"

"Yeah?"

"Where did you put your playstaion 2?"