- Text Size +
Chapter 5

"You know Amber we've been friends since, well the beginning of time and nothing is going to change that, you know that right?"

"Yes." Amber replied.

"I love you baby girl."

"I love you to."

*You just run to the arms of the one who loves you.*
You just run to these arms,
And these two arms will keep you warm.
When rain has found your heart,
Never fear, I'm never far.
*You just run to the arms of the one who loves you.*

"How long do you have before your flight leaves?" asked 13 yr old Amber as she held on to 15 yr old A.j's hand.

"A few minutes." he answered. Alex was sad he had to leave everyone but he was the most upset about leaving Amber. But he knew he had to if he wanted to make he's dream about becoming a singer come true. She supported him 110%.

"Don't forget me ok?" Amber said with tears begging to fall but kept it in.

"Never, I'll never forget you Baby girl." A.j smiled and kissed her hand.

"Flight 638 to Orlando now boarding." came a voice of the intercom.

*I want you happy,*
I want the best for you.
And if you have to leave to find your dream,
I hope that dream comes true.
But if the world you find brings you hard times,
If someone makes you cry,
I'll be there to hold you,
*I'll be standing by.*

"That's me." A.j said as he got up.

Amber walked with him till the ticket counter and gave him one last hug that nether one of them wanted to end and kiss on the cheek.

"Take care Alex."

"I will, and you to." A.j said as he put his forehead against Amber's and forced a smile. "I'll call you everyday, just to see what's up and bug you just like I do now." Joked A.j and that made Amber smile. "Now there's the smile we all know and love."

"Last chance for anyone boarding flight 638 to Orlando, last call." came the voice again.

*My love is strong enough, you know,*
Strong enough to let you go.
But I'll always hold you,
Inside my heart.
And if you should ever change your mind,
You can come back any time,
*And when you do...*

*You just run to these arms…… cause I’m the one who loves you*

"Bye Baby girl."

"Bye Alex." And with that he turned and got on the plane. That's when Amber let the tears fall. She was going to miss him but she knew that this wasn't the last time they were going to see each other. Amber walked to the window next to her parents and Denise and watched A.j's plane till it got out of sight.

~*~End of flashback~*~