- Text Size +
Chapter 6

A.j remembered how he felt that day; he was both happy and sad. Happy to live his dream and sad to leave behind loved ones but it was a sacrifice he had to make. He looked down at Amber again, smiled. She had woken up and was staring up at him.

"What!?" asked Amber

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

"Oh god, what's going on inside that twisted little brain of yours?" joked Amber sitting up.

"Never mind that, what do you wanna do for the rest of today?" asked A.j

"J I hate to burst you bubble but today is over,” laughed Amber as she looked at A.j's puzzled face.

"What do you mean over?"

"Alex it's night time."

A.j looked out the window and sure enough it was.

"Thanks smartass." He replied.

"Your welcome."

Just then A.j's cell began to ring. He went to pick it up but Amber got to it first.

"Hello?" Amber asked and was greeted by another mans deep voice.

"Hello?" asked to voice. "If you don't mind me asking who is this?"

"This is Mr. McLean's personal secretary." Amber joked and looked over at A.j who was looking back at her grinning.

"Would Mr. McLean happen to be around?" joked back the voice, catching on to the joke.

"I don't know, let me check." Amber took the phone away from her ear for a second then put it back. "I think Mr. McLean is still on the premises, would you like to talk to him?" she asked, trying not to laugh at all the funny faces A.j was doing.

"I think I like talking to you better, so what's your name?" the voice joked.

"Kevin, it's me! Amber!" she yelled into the phone only to be met by Kevin's laughter.

"I figure if A.j isn't home he's at your house."

"True, True."

"Well since I got you on the phone, what's up Amby?"

"Nothing much, just babysitting a rugrat."

"HEY!" yelled A.j and Kevin laughed.