- Text Size +
Chapter 7

"Well Amby I'll let you go tend to your baby and tell him I'm sorry about Julie. He's gotta hang in there and be strong."

"Yeah, but don't worry I got it all under control." A.j lifted his head at that last comment. Kevin stayed on the phone a few more minutes with Amber but had to go get ready for his date.

"So what did Kevin want?" A.j asked

"Nothing, just wanted to check up on you."

"Why did you mean when you said you had it under control?"

"Ohh he knows about Julie."

"How?" A.j asked as Amber turned on the TV to MTV news and sure enough it was there. Amber and A.j listened to the news reporter.

"And that's all for that subject but stay tuned up next: He's rough on the outside but smooth on the inside and he told you his love was all he had to give, yep were talking about Backstreet boy, A.j McLean but what if that wasn't enough? Don't touch that dial, to story of the break up with long time girlfriend, Julie Thompson up next.

Amber turned off the TV and turned to A.j who had an expressionless face.

"I'm sorry J, you know how those reporters are, they don't give a shit about other peoples feelings, and they just make money off of it." They sat in silence for what seemed to be an eternity when A.j finally spoke.

"Baby girl I don't know what I'd do If I didn't have you. Why can't I find someone like you? A woman who I know loves me for me and won't just run off and leave me." Amber reached over and held him as he softly cried..."I'm afraid of being alone."

"Your not alone J. You got me, your mom, your fans and the guys."

"I know." A.j said as he pulled back from Amber and wiped away his tears.

"I'm here for you, you do know that right?"

"Yes." He answered

"Good."

A few hours later A.j was asleep on Amber's couch. She smiled at him and kissed his cheek as the phone rang. She got up and answered it in the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey Amber it's Brian."

Amber felt her face get red; she had the biggest crush on Brian ever since she was 16.