- Text Size +
Chapter 8

"Hi."

"I just called to see how he's doing."

Amber sighed. "I honestly don't know Brian, he just had his heart broken yesterday and now it's all over the news, it's hard to deal with it if it’s all over the TV. It’s like a constant reminder."

"Poor guy, he's normally so full of life and stuff."

"Yeah."

There was a short pause.

"Amber this may sound out of place right now seeing how you’re busy taking care of J but would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?"

Amber was shocked. "Did Brian just ask her out? The object of her desire?” she thought.

"I'll take that as a no." said a disappointed Brian.

"NO! I mean yes! Yes, I'll go out with you tomorrow.

"Really?" Brian asked, happy she said yes.

"Yeah."

"Amber? Amber where are you?" said a faint voice from the living room.

"Brian I gotta go." "Un huh, yeah you to bye."

Amber hung up the phone and returned to the living room to find A.j awake and looking for her.

"There you are." A.j said as he ran over and hugged his best friend. Amber smiled and pulled back.

"Gosh J I didn't know you missed me that much." she joked.

"You know me. Well anyways I'm going home and pack some things, I'm going to stay with my mom a while."

Amber smiled; no matter how old you get sometimes you need to be held by mom to know everything is all right.

"What tired of me already?" she joked.

"Never. Hey why don't you come with me? I know my mom would love to see you."

"I would J but I..."Amber stopped herself. She couldn't tell A.j she had a date with Brian. That would hurt him too much especially since he just got dumped.

"Have to work tomorrow." She came up with a quick lie and felt bad seeing the disappointment in his eyes. "But call me when you get there ok?" She tried to sound cheerful as possible.