- Text Size +
Chapter 9

"K." Amber walked him to the door and gave him a hug. "Be strong J, be strong." and with that he got in his car and left.

The next afternoon Amber was running around her room trying to figure out what to wear for her date with Brian. Since they were in Florida they where going to Disney World. A.j had called her earlier that morning to tell her he had a safe flight and that Denise sends her love. Amber always thought of Denise like a second mother to her. And A.j thought of Amber's parents as his as well, especially her dad, Matthew. Amber's dad was the only real father figure he had. Matthew did a lot of father son activities with A.j cause in a way he felt like he had a son. Amber continued to search for out fits when she decided to wear dark blue hip-huggers and a baby blue tank top had one strap to go over her right shoulder and matching sandals. She put her hair up and put on some lip-gloss. She never wore foundation cause she didn't want to ruin her skin, besides A.j always told her she looked beautiful with out it. That made her smile. He was always such a charmer. The ringing of the doorbell took her from her thoughts. She checks herself one more time before answering the door. There stood Brian with a wide smile on his face.

"Amber you look beautiful." he said, looking her up and down.

"Thanks." Amber could feel her face redden. "You look nice as well."

Brian was wearing kaki pants with a white wife beater covered by a dark blue shirt, dark blue baseball cap and white up-towns.

"Thanks."

~*~Meanwhile~*~

A.j was out with his mom shopping. If there was anything in the world that made A.j happy was shopping. Amber always told him, he basically had to whole mall in his closet and that the mall would have to buy things from him. That thought made A.j smile.

"Now that's the first time I've seen you smile all day." Denise said. "What where you thinking about?"

"Nothing just Amber, I miss her." A.j replied.

"I see." Now it was Denise’s turn to smile.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Mom."

"Alex." she smiled, looking at him and then back to the road.

A.j just shook his head and looked out the window and wondered what Amber was doing.