- Text Size +
Nick and AJ returned a few moments later.

“ Shut the door.” Howie said. Nick nodded and closed the door. Kevin looked at his friends with confusion as he watched them ready themselves to talk to him.

“ Are you sure your all right my prince? They did not harm you?”

“ No I’m fine and stop calling me that.”

“ But that is who you are.”

“ How do you know?” Kevin spat angrily.

“ I know this is a shock to you. But it is true. You are the crowned prince of Kimar, the twin brother of Ravenwolf. And the son of Kdama and Kelina.”

“ How long have you known?” Kevin asked.

“ Since you were sent here twenty years ago. I am the son of your father’s captain of the guard. We are all direct descendants of those that where sent here to protect you.”

“ But my life?”

“ All a lie, it was for your protection my prince.”

“ Don’t start calling me that. I am Kevin.”

“ When we return to your home world, you will no longer be Kevin. You where the only one that had a true Kimar name. All of us have normal human names.” Howie said looking at his confused friend.

“ Fine what ever. What of the child?”

“ What child?” AJ asked looking at him.

“ A woman, with raven hair and deep green eyes, came to me in a dream. With her was a child, a little girl she called Silvermoon.” Kevin said looking at them.

“ She had the child. I was unsure if she could carry a child to term.”

“ The kid looked healthy. And kinda like you.” Kevin said looking at AJ.

“ As she should, that is my child. Where do you think I’ve been going. Raven was able to sneak off the planet away from Kelmar’s prying eyes.”

“ But does she know that you are from her world as well?”

“ Yes she does. But she thought that you where safe here. If those men have come to take you, then the secret of your where abouts has been found out.” AJ said.

“ How do we get to Kimar?”

“ A portal will take us there. Or we use the ship.” Nick said looking at him. Kevin turned and looked at the younger man.

“ Pardon? OK I think it’s time that we finally explain what is going on.”

Kevin waited patiently as Howie pulled up a chair and was about to explain what was going on.

“ This better be good.” Kevin said looking at them.

“ SilverWolf is your given name, you are the twin brother to Ravenwolf. The only children born to Kdama and Kelina. Ravenwolf was left behind because they felt that her being gone would rise suspicion.”

“ But if they felt that sending me here was going to keep me safe why not her?”

“ Ravenwolf’s powers developed long before your own.”

“ Powers?”

“ All children born on Kimar are born with special gifts. All natives have telepathic powers. But you and your sister have extra abilities.”

“ And those would be?”

“ Shapeshifting and the ability to control someone’s mind.”

“ What am I going to tell Dee?”

“ You won’t have to worry about that, she already knows.”

“ What?” Kevin said shocked.

“ Dianne is a Nuvian from a neighboring planet.”

“ She’s alien?”

“ So are you. Dianne was sent here by the Nuvian’s to protect you. It just happened to be she fell for you.” AJ said looking at Kevin.

“ Prove it, have her come here and tell her that.”

“ The minuet your safety was compromised she was notified.”

“ None of you left the room.”

“ You wear a small tracking device that helps all of us keep track of you and that also keeps you in touch with Dianne.”

“ Great. When were you guys going to tell me this news flash?” Kevin asked angrily. He looked around at the four men and then stormed from the room. Brian stood shaking his head and then took off after him.

“ Kevin stop.” Brian said as he tore off after his cousin.

Kevin stood teary eyed outside the building wondering where all of this was coming from, his eyes cast upward towards the sky. Something inside of him was telling him that everything they said was true that he wasn’t from this world but from another but why, why keep this kind of secrete from him for over twenty years. And what of the people he knew where his parents, was all of his life a lie. Was Brian really his cousin?



Ravenwolf looked up at the sky and smiled.

“ Soon my brother, soon they will reveal everything to you, soon you will know that your home needs to be saved.”

“ Are you so sure about that my dear.”

“ Stay out of my thoughts.”

“ But it’s easy to slip into your mind when your defenses are down. Raven you must learn to keep them up.”

“ I shouldn’t have to, that is exsausting to my body and mind.”

“ I know, and that is why I keep pressuring you.”

“ Leave me alone Kelmar, get out of my room. This is the only place within the palace walls that I can be alone. And now even you invade that privacy.”

“ Not really, I was coming to fetch you and your thoughts just drifted my way. Now come.” Kelmar said grabbing her arm and pulling her from the room. Ravenwolf pulled her arm free and growled at him.

“ I will walk on my own if you don’t mind.” She spat.

“ Then do so princess.” Kelmar said as he led her into the main chamber. Ravenwolf looked around the room and gasped at the army that stood there waiting for them.

“ What is this?” Ravenwolf asked looking at him.

“ This is what will greet your beloved brother, and your lover when they return to this world.”

“ You will not. My brother will return to this world peacefully.”

“ Then be my wife princess, let me fully reign this world as we where destined to do.”

“ I hope you burn in hell.”

“ Is that a yes.”

“ I’d rather die first.”

“ That can be arranged my dear, so don’t tempt
me.”

“ As I’ve told you many times before I will not now or ever marry you.” Ravenwolf said looking at him.

“ Then so be it. When her brother is captured bring him to me.” Kelmar said looking at his captain.

“ Yes milord, and do you want him dead or alive?”

“ I want them all alive. I want Ravenwolf to watch
her beloved family die at my hands, die for her
refusal to marry me.” Kelmar said turning and

facing Ravenwolf. Raven let a single tear roll down her cheeks, as she looked upon the man the creature that would distroy her family. Turning on her heal she walked from the room. The thunderous laughter from Kelmar could be heard down the hall as Raven entered her chambers and slammed the door.

“ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!” She shouted as she threw her lamp across the room. Her anger flowed threw all of her veins and she shifted her body into a more useful form. The wolf that stood where she had been looked around the room and then towards the now slowly opening door. A helpless guard entered the chambers as the wolf pinned him to the floor dragging his screaming form down the hallway and out of the palace to the gardens. Raven’s wolf form tore the man apart as his pleas for mercy went unheard. Howling at the moon mournfully Raven slowly returned to her natural shape and lay in the grass sobbing.

“ My princess, please don’t cry.” She heard a voice whisper to her.

“ Arinon?” Raven said looking around.

“ Soon my love. Soon I will hold you in my arms.” The voice said to her. Raven wiped the tears away and slowly stood. She knew it was nearly time to return to the dream place, where she had spoke to her brother. Walking into the palace she left the dead guard lay in the thick grass. Several guards rushed into the yard to clean the mess Raven had caused. Raven moved threw the halls as if in a trance, entering her chambers and closing the door once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin looked up to see Brian now standing next to him.

“ What?”

“ I am sorry you had to hear about this in such a manor cousin.”

“ Kevin even if we weren’t would you feel differently?”

“ But why did they do it?”

“ It had to be done. It was you or Ravenwolf. They chose to send you away.”

“ But why not send us both? Why center me out?”

“ Because you are the one that can save our world. Kevin, believe me when I say this. We never meant to keep this from you it was a promise we had to keep. A vow that had been made twenty years ago.”

“ I don’t know.”

“ Well why not sleep on it tonight and we can deal with how to explain this in further in the morning.”

“ All right. I will call Dee in the morning.”

“ By morning Dee will already been here. Don’t worry.” Brian said leading Kevin back into the building. He could see this was going to be hard for Kevin. But was Kevin up to being the savior of an entire race or would their home and entire existence’s come crashing down around them.