- Text Size +
Chapter 1:

"Come here Alexandria!" Nastasia laughed as she watched her seven month old daughter, Alexandria, began to crawl around on the floor. Alexandria looked up at Nastasia and let out a squeal.

"Mama." Alexandria gurgled as she scooted to her mother's side. Nastasia scooped her young daughter up and lavished her with kisses. Today was a special day, and Alexandria knew it too.

"Nastasia! You're wedding gown! Don't wrinkle it!" Nastasia heard a female voice call to her. Nastasia looked to see her soon to be mother-in-law walking towards her.

Today, Nastasia was marrying Howard Dorough. He was the father of Alexandria and had proposed to Nastasia the day her best friend, Lauren, and his best friend, AJ, left for their honeymoon. Everything had gone crazy since then.

"Paula, please stop fussing. It will be all right!" Nastasia laughed as her soon to be sister-in-laws came running over with Lauren. Nastasia beamed as she handed Alexandria over to Lauren.

She and Lauren had been friends forever. Her son, Chase-who's father was AJ- was Nastasia's ring-bearer. She smiled again, she and Lauren were almost sisters. And today, Lauren was her maid of honor.

"After today you're not going to call me Paula anymore missy. It's mom!" Paula laughed as she wagged her finger at Nastasia. She rolled her eyes and smiled, nothing could keep this smile off her face.

"Stazzie, you look fantastic." Lauren gasped as she took Alexandria, who started to fuss after she was taken away from her mother. Nastasia gave Lauren a funny look.

"No I don't." Nastasia laughed.

"You underestimate your beauty!" Pollyanna, one of Howie's sisters, piped up. Nastasia smiled as she did a little twirl.

Her wedding dress was one of a kind. Howie had made sure of that. It was elegant, yet simple. The dress was long and straight, grazing below her knees and slightly flaring out-Nastasia didn't like the big puffy gowns. The gown had no sleeves, just thin spaghetti straps. The back of the dress swooped a little, showing off Nastasia's perfect bronzed tan. The front dipped a little, revieling a little of her abundant amount of clevage. They had a short white train attached to the back though and a long veil decorated with white roses, as insisted by Howie.

Nastasia's hair was twirled into long ringlets, flowing down her back. The honey blonde color gleamed in lighting, dazzeling Lauren beyond belief. Nastasia's ocean green eyes sparkled in the lighting, true happiness was beyond those doors.

All those years Lauren had realized what a dazzeling friend she had. She knew Nastasia was made for a wedding dress. She was the perfect beauty queen, or so Lauren had always thought. Her hips curving at just the right angle, her bosom full and perky, her 5'9" figure slim and perfect. Everything was perfect.

"I do not underestimate me!" Nastasia laughed, "I just can't hold a candle bright enough to reflect my Alexia's beauty!"

Lauren looked down at the little seven month old Alexandria. She already had light blonde curls growing past her ears. She had bright emerald green eyes, like her mother. Alexandria was a mirror reflection of Nastasia, and she even reflected her mother's actions and feelings. Like having a twin, Lauren thought. Although, Alexandria was a sweet child, everyone still spoiled her.

"Alexia is a doll!" Angie, Howie's other sister, chimed in as she looked and admired Nastasia for a moment. "Staz, you are so beautiful."

"Although I don't think I should be wearing white." Nastasia joked. Paula laughed as she gave Nastasia a playful slap.

"You're so calm." Paula answered, "Now you're making me nervous!"

"Nah, she's flipping out on the inside." Lauren laughed, Nastasia made a face at her. Causing Alexandria to laugh. Lauren smiled again, Nastasia always had a way with children.

"Am I ready?" Nastasia called nervously as Alexandria whined for her mother. Nastasia laughed nervously again as she picked up Alexandria and rocked her slowly, quieting Alexandria's cries.

"If only your mother could see darling." Paula smiled as she placed a kiss on Nastasia's cheek. She was grateful that Howie's family accepted her and loved her. She felt like she finally had a place in life.

"She is going to see me. Mom's out there." Nastasia smiled. Paula nodded, she knew Nastasia was refering to Denise, AJ's mother. Nastasia felt she had no other mother than Denise.

"We know baby." Paula laughed.

"Laurie, you don't mind JJ walking me down the isle do you?" Nastasia asked after a few moments. Lauren jumped and smiled, she knew how close AJ and Nastasia were. Nastasia's father had been abusive, so she had no one to walk her down.

"He's yours today." Lauren smiled as she placed a kiss on Nastasia's cheek, still admiring her beautiful friend, "So, are you ready to become Mrs. Howard Dorough?"

"I guess so, I just hope Howie's okay..." Nastasia answered with a nervous laugh. Lauren laughed too. She hoped the guys were all right, but somewhere in Lauren's heart she knew Howie was freaking out.