- Text Size +
Chapter 10:

The door to the bathroom opened and Howie stepped out, a navy blue towel wrapped around his waist. His wet hair dripped with water, sending little dropplets down his bronzed skin. He smiled seeing that Nastasia was still asleep and walked over to the bed, laying down beside her. He traced his fingers along her bare skin and leaned over to kiss her neck, making his way down to her shoulders.

Nastasia moaned in her sleep and her eyes slowly fluttered open. She gazed up into a pair of dark sexy chocolate brown eyes and a warm smile creeped across her lips. " Mmmm...morning baby... "

" Morning, " Howie replied and pressed his lips against hers. " Sleep well? "

" Very much so. I see you took a shower. "

" Yes, I did... "

" Without me? " Nastasia pouted playfully, sitting up and pulling the blankets around her bare body.

" I didn't want to wake my sleeping angel. You looked so peaceful, " Howie said and pulled her into his arms. " But you know what they say...you can never be too clean... "

Nastasia turned around in his arms to face him and saw a grin on his face. " Go start the water, " she whispered with a smile.

Howie grinned again. " I'll be right back. " He jumped up from the bed and went into the still steamy bathroom. A second later the shower was running and Howie appeared in the bathroom doorway, that sparkle in his eyes.

*****

" Mi amor, shall we go out for breakfast? " Howie called from the bathroom as he pulled his brown locks into a pony tail.

" That sounds great, " Nastasia replied with a smile. She pulled a baby blue, tight fitting t-shirt over her white tank and then put on a pair of short khaki shorts over her bakini bottoms. She brushed her long blond hair, then put it up in a messy bun.

" Do I deserve such a stunning beauty as you? " Howie asked with charm as he walked over to Nastasia, went behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, laying his chin on her right shoulder.

" I believe you do, " Nastasia answered quietly as she closed her eyes and leaned into Howie's embrace. " Howie? "

" Yeah? "

" I need you to promise me something... "

" Anything. "

" Promise me you'll never leave... "

Howie was taken aback by the statement. He found it quite odd and became a little worried. " What's bringing this on? "

" Please, just promise me that. "

" Of course, I promise. " Howie turned her around and looked deep into her ocean green eyes, searching for an answer. " Stazzie, what's wrong? " He used his hand to lift her chin when she looked away.

Nastasia tried to avoid his stare, but she felt herself growing weak. " It's just...Chase didn't always have his father, but I want Alexandria to always have you. I don't want her to live part of her life without having her father around. "

" Stazzie...sweetie, never in a million years would I ever think about leaving you or Alexandria, " Howie said with full honesty. " I've got a great career, a beautiful wife and daughter; my life is going great. What more could I ask for? "

" Do you mean that? "

" I mean it with all my heart and soul. "

" I love you, " Nastasia whispered.

" I love you too baby, " Howie whispered back and placed a soft kiss on her tender lips.

*****

Lauren made her way downstairs quietly to the living-room. She heard the tv and when she stepped into the living-room, she smiled. A.J was laying on the couch asleep, and Alexandria lay sound asleep on his chest. They looked so adorable.

She walked over to the tv and switched it off, than walked over to the couch and bent down. " Alex, wake up, " she whispered in his ear.

A.J grumbled and opened his eyes. " Hey...did I fall asleep? "

" Yeah, and it looks like Lexie did too. "

A.J looked down at the sleeping child and smiled. " She was crying late last night, so I brought her downstairs to sit with her until she fell asleep. "

" I should have taken a picture, the two of you looked adorable. "

" Sorry...no pictures this early in the morning, " A.J laughed. He sat up, being careful not to wake Alexandria up. She let out a small cry, but continued to sleep.

Lauren carefully reached over and picked Alexandria up. Alexandria began to cry softly, but she rocked her in her arms to keep her quiet. " I'll be right back, " she said and took Alexandria upstairs to do a diaper change, knowning A.J would be of no help, and wouldn't volunteer. She came back down 5 minutes later, Alexandria clutching onto her blanket. Lauren handed her back over to A.J. " Hold her again while I go get her bottle. "

" I was thinking, " A.J began when Lauren returned and sat beside him.

" That's not a surprise, " Lauren laughed.

" Funny babe. But seriously, you know me and you haven't really had a chance to go out anywhere alone lately. So tonight, I was thinking we're gonna go out to dinner alone, just me and you, and than hit a club afterwards or something. "

" What about the kids? "

" Have your Mom babysit them. You've been telling me how she's been bugging to be able to spend time with Lexie.

" My Mom is visiting family in Washington, " Lauren said as she cuddled Alexandria on her lap. She smiled down at her " niece ". She was truely a little angel.

" Well, Mom is also out of state, so, we'll have one of the guys watch them, but not Nick. Defenitely not Nick, " A.J said with a shake of his head.

" Why? " Lauren laughed as Alexandria began to fuss a little.

" I really don't trust him to look after a 5 year old and a 7 month old alone. "


" True, the kids would probably kill him, " Lauren joked.

" I'll call Brian later and ask him if he'll watch them, " A.J said and yawned.

*****

It was nearing 6:00 in the evening when Brian arrived. When he knocked on the door, Chase ran over and opened it.

" B-Rok! "

" Hey there Chase, " Brian greeted as he walked through the door.

" 'Bout time ya got your Kentuckian butt over here, Bri Bear, " Lauren joked as she walked out of the kitchen with Alexandria in her arms. Alexandria cooed when she saw Brian.

" It's great to see you too Lauren, " Brian laughed. " How's my favorite little sister doing? " He gave her a friendly kiss on the cheek.

" I might be younger, but I can still kick your butt. "

" You think you can, huh? That's funny. "

" Yeah. But to answer your question, I'm great. Yourself? "

" Just great. Hey little Lex, " Brian grinned, offering his famous smile. Alexandria cooed more. Like Nastasia, he was great with little kids and Lauren knew that whenever he settled down and started a family, he would be a great father. " Um...Lauren? "

" Huh? "

" I'm not gonna have to change any diapers...am I? " Brian asked, his eyes wide as if he had a fear of doing such a thing.

" Most likely you will, " Lauren laughed. " Actually, I can garuantee you will have too. "

" Oh great, it's the dream of a lifetime, " Brian replied sarcastically as he brought Alexandria into his arms. " One little problem though, I uh...I've never changed a diaper before. "

" It's not that hard. Take the dirty diaper off, throw it away. Wipe the butt and put a new diaper on. As simple as that. "

" Thanks for the 411 on diaper changing. "

" Anytime, " Lauren laughed as they heard some pounding feet coming down the stairs.

A.J bounced into the living-room wearing a pair of dark baggy jeans, his favorite pair, a long thin sleeved shirt that he had place over his tank and his eyes were covered by a pair of dark lensed sun glasses. " Hey 'Rok. "

" Yo J, wassup? "

" Nothin'. You ready to go babe? "

" I have been. I've been waiting for both your slow butts for the past half hour, waiting for you to finish getting ready and for you to get here. "

" You calling me slow? "

Lauren nodded.

" I'm deeply offended, " A.J said very dramatically, clutching his heart.

" You also think you're funny, but you're not, " Lauren said quite seriously. A hurt expression washed over A.J's face. " I'm joking, don't take it so seriously. "

" Hey Chaser, don't hurt Brian too bad alright? " A.J grinned as him and Lauren walked over to the door.

" Ok! " Chase snickered.