- Text Size +
Chapter 101:

Lauren stood there, bringing a shaking hand up to her gaping mouth as she stared at A.J standing in front of her. Her heart had completely stopped, she wasn't even sure if had started beating again, or maybe it had because of the pounding sound in her ears. But she was completely speechless as she stared from A.J down to the dozen long-stem red roses he held in one arm.

"Lauren..." AJ whispered softly, not even fully believing he was staring at her, the love of his life. He made no move, just kept his eyes locked with Lauren's sapphire eyes.

A few tears slid down Lauren's cheeks as she opened her mouth to say something, anything, but nothing would come out, only a rush of air. She couldn't believe he was actually there, standing in front of her. It seemed too good to be true.

"Are you going to be okay?" AJ called softly as he brushed a few tears away from her pale cheeks.

She shivered from his touch as she closed her eyes, mentally telling herself to calm down before she screwed the moment up. She only found herself to be able to nod in response, but she wasn't sure if she'd be ok.

"Can we talk?" AJ asked again.

" Y-yeah, " Lauren whispered, still standing there staring.

"You gonna pass out on me before I get to say I'm sorry?" AJ asked with an amused smile, loving that he had this affect over Lauren.

Lauren laughed as she looked down, feeling her heart melt. " Would you like to come in? " she managed to ask.

"Um...sure...Here! These are for you!" AJ called out excitedly, handing the roses towards Lauren.

Lauren looked at A.J oddly as she took the roses into her grasp. She laughed again as she moved aside to allow him to get through and he basically ran in.

"I knew red roses were your fave..." AJ murmured as he watched Lauren set them in a vase with water.

" Yes, they are, " Lauren answered, a bright smile on her face as her back was towards him.

"I actually did fly down here to talk to you...and it wasn't about roses if that's what you're thinking..."

" Alright, " Lauren replied as she finally turned around to face him again.

"Lauren..."

" What? "

"I'm so sorry for accusing you of something you probably never did. I'm sorry for pushing you out of my life. I'm sorry for everything that I have ever done to hurt you. I don't want these. I don't want a divorce." AJ whispered as his voice choked with hurt, he handed her the papers.

" Alex... " Lauren whispered as she stared at the papers he had reached out to her.

"No...I don't want a divorce." AJ replied as he took the papers, with one giant swipe he ripped the papers into tiny pieces, throwing them in the air. Letting them flutter to the ground. "I love you."

Lauren looked at him with surprise as the ripped papers rested on the ground. " I... "

"You?"

" I...I love you too, " Lauren whispered as A.J took a step towards her. She could feel the tears threatening her eyes again.

"You won't divorce me?"

Lauren stared up into A.J's eyes and she could feel herself melting to the ground. She was falling in love with him all over again, she had never stopped loving him to begin with.

"Well?" AJ asked impatiently. Lauren chuckled, so much like Chase.

" No. "

"NO?" AJ whispered, he felt his heart crack into a million pieces.

" In the name of God Alex, no I will not divorce you, " Lauren smiled.

"OHMIGOD! THANK YOU!" AJ sang loudly as he grabbed Lauren and pulled her into his arms. He kept singing loudly, making Lauren burst into giggles.

" Wait...on one condition... "

"What?"

" There's something I've really been missing terribly for the past month... "

"What's that?" AJ cooed as he brushed back a piece of her sandy blonde hair. Something he missed so much as he kept his arms around her.

" This, " Lauren whispered as she reached up and pressed her lips against his.

AJ was shocked at first, but immeditly responded. He pressed his lips firmly back on hers, inviting the feeling of her back in his life. He felt like a whole world of weight was lifted from his shoulders. "Damn, Stazzie is gonna love this."

" Hmmm? "

"Stazzie really helped me, yet again. I guess I owe her so much right now it's not even funny." AJ laughed as he kissed Lauren again.

" We'll thank her later, just keep kissing me, " Lauren giggled.

"Oh definitely." AJ replied, kissing her again.

" Well, " Lauren began, giggling as A.J planted tiny kisses on her neck and followed her over to couch. " What have I missed in the lives of the Backstreet Family? "

" A lot, " A.J chuckled. " But to summarize it all, Howie is having twins and Staz is having Nick's triplets. "

" Please tell me you're not serious, " Lauren laughed as she looked at him shocked.

" Sometimes I wonder... " A.J chuckled as he allowed Lauren to push him back into the couch and they pressed their lips firmly against each others.

" DADDY!!! "

A.J and Lauren pulled apart with a laugh and looked up. They hadn't even heard the door open, but there stood Denise and Sherrie by the open door and Chase was running over.

" CHASER!!! " A.J exclaimed as he jumped up from the couch and scooped his son into his arms, twirling him around in circles as they both laughed. " God, I missed you so much! "

" I missed you too! " Chase giggled as his father smothered his face with kisses.

Lauren smiled warmly at the two. A.J looked like he couldn't be happier, like he was the happiest man in the world. He had both his wife and son back and he was going to make sure he would never let them out of his grasp again.