- Text Size +
Chapter 103:

" Looks like the little stinker is tuckered out, " Lauren said as she watched Chase sleep in A.J's arms with his head rested on A.J's left shoulder and his arms dangling at his sides.

They were just stepping out of the cab and were walking up to the lobby doors of the hotel. After just spending unwanted time on a plane back to Nevada, they were all jet-lagged and exhausted, Chase the most.

" He was almost causing havoc on the plane, bouncing out of his seat...hmmm...I don't see why he would be so tired, " Denise replied with a bit of sarcasm as she laughed.

" You think that was bad? You should have seen him last night at the resteraunt. It was like he was on a sugar rush or something, " Lauren laughed, remembering how hyper her son had been the night before.

Denise looked off to the side as she smirked. " Oh...sugar rush...hmmm... "

Lauren looked at Denise oddly. " Denise...you and Mom didn't...ok, exactly how much sugar did he consume yesterday? " she groaned.

" Probably more than he needed to in one day, " Denise answered. " Oh...but your mother and I couldn't resist that face he kept on making. You know...the cute little one where he sticks out his bottom and sort of whimpers? "

" So much like his father... "

" It's just so adorable. I wish I had a camera with me because it was a defenite kodak moment. "

" There's one thing you need to learn Denise, " Lauren sighed jokingly. " And that's how to not give in to that sweet adorable face he loves to make. "

" Yes, I'm sure you're right. He picked up the face from his father though. Alex used to make that face all the time when he was Chase's age. "

" But that's why you loved me so much and still do. Because I'm so adorable and irresistable, " A.J grinned, shifting Chase's weight in his arms.

" Who said you're so adorable and irresistable? " Denise questioned seriously.

" And WHO said we love you so much? " Lauren shot.

" Geez, I'm hurt, " A.J answered.

" You are such a big cry baby! "

" Watch it woman! "

" Woman? What are you gonna do about it? "

" I'm gonna do this, " A.J answered, stopping and placing a passionate kiss on her lips. " Then I'm gonna do this, " he continued, moving his kiss down to her neck. " And pretty soon I'm gonna want to do more, but until we've got the privacy to do so...I'm gonna have to deal with doing this, " he finished as he pressed his lips firmly against hers again.

" Ahem, " Denise cleared her throat.

" What? " A.J grinned.

" You know what Alex, " Denise answered.

A.J just rolled his eyes as he linked his hand with Lauren's. " We'll continue this later, " he growled in her ear with a grin.

" Hopefully not too much later, " Lauren mumbled, making Denise roll her eyes.

" Alright you two. No play time with the kid in the room tonight, got it? " Denise ordered.

" Yes mother. "

" Alright. I'll see you guys in the morning. " She smiled and walked off, going up to the check-in desk to register for a room, since Lauren and Chase would be staying in A.J's room.

*****

" WAKE UP! WAKE UP! " Chase exclaimed as he jumped up and down at the end of the bed, fully awake and hyper.

A.J groaned and rolled onto his stomach, burrying his head under his pillow.

" WAKE UP! WAKE UP! " Chase repeated, still jumping up and down.

" Go back to sleep Chaz, " Lauren moaned as she snuggled deeper into her covers. She had caught a glimpse of the clock, it was only 7:45 and she was not about to get up.

" NO! WAKE UP! I WANT TO GO SEE AUNT STAZZIE! " Chase exclaimed as he continued to jump up and down.

" We'll go see her later. She's probably not even awake honey. "

" LET'S GO WAKE HER UP! "

" Go back to sleep Chase, " A.J grumbled, his voice coming out muffled from the pillow.

" NO! WAKE UP! "

Lauren shot up in bed and gave her son a look. " That's it Chase! I'm gonna get you now! "

" Uh-oh, " Chase giggled as he backed up and jumped off the bed.

" There's no where to run, Mommy is going to get you! " Lauren laughed as she crawled out from under the covers and lunged at Chase. He fell to the ground giggling as she tickled him. " Alright, if I can't sleep, then niether can Staz. Let's go see her. "

" YAY! " Chase exclaimed as he jumped into his mother's arms. " What about Daddy? "

" He's a grump, we better leave him alone. "

" I heard that, " A.J grumbled.

" And you're not going to do anything about it, so go back to sleep, " Lauren laughed as she walked out the door with Chase in her arms.

*****

Lauren hadn't walked very far when she stopped, feeling the strange sensation that somebody was following behind her. " Why do I have the feeling that Bri Bear is behind me? " she mumbled to herself with a smile.

" Maybe because I am. "

Lauren turned around, nearly screaming as she saw him. " BRI-BEAR! "

" LAUREN! " Brian grinned as he wrapped his arms around her and Chase. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and ruffled Chase's hair. " Hey there kiddo! "

" Hi Uncle B-Rok! " Chase exclaimed.

" How did you know I was here? " Lauren asked.

" I ran into Denise a couple of minutes ago, " Brian answered. " Didn't figure I would see ya for a while though. What are ya doing up so early? "

" Chaz here decided to give us a wake up call. "

" Where's J at? "

" Still sleeping, the lazy bum. "

" What's new. He's like Nick. So...everything's ok between you and J now? "

" Yes, thank God, " Lauren sighed.

" I'm glad to hear that. I wouldn't have been able to stand it if you wouldn't have come back on tour. "

" You survived while I was gone. "

" Barely... "

" Awww, I feel so loved. "

" You are. "

" Thanks. "

" No problem. But what about the divorce issue thing and the papers? "

" Basically, Alex ripped them up and told me he didn't want the divorce. Oh, that reminds me, I need to contact my lawyer and let him know. "

" So, where are you heading to right now? "

" Stazzie's room, Chase is going to give her a wake up call. "

" Have fun. I'll see you later. " Brian gave her another kiss on the cheek and walked off.

*****

" Daddy doesn't know where Mommy hid your bottle, so you're gonna have to wait until Mommy gets out of the shower, " Howie said, cuddling his daughter as she fussed a bit. " Which better be soon because Daddy wants to take a shower, and Daddy is going to be upset if Mommy uses all the hot water! " he added, raising his voice a little, hoping that Nastasia had heard him.

Howie jumped a bit when someone began to knock on his door, and then was followed by pounding.

" Who is it? " Howie called.

" Someone you haven't seen in a long time! Can I come in? "

" Lauren? " Howie called out as he jumped up from the bed and ran over to the door. He swung it open and smiled when he saw her. " Hey! "

" Hey yourself! " Lauren smiled as she hugged him.

" Uncle Howie! " Chase exclaimed.

" Hey buddy! Long time no see, " Howie answered as he looked down at Chase. He moved aside so the two of them could get in.

" Let me guess, Staz is in the shower, " Lauren laughed.

" Once again, " Howie moaned as he shut the door. " She's the biggest shower hog that I know. "

" Poor you, " Lauren giggled. " Hey! There's my Lexie! " She walked over to the bed and picked Alexandria up. " Wow, she's gotten big in...what...a month that I haven't seen her? "

" And she's a fussy little brat too, " Howie joked. " She's the reason Staz and I are awake this early. "

" Don't feel so bad Howie, Chase woke me and Alex up, but being the lazy bum that Alex is, he fell back to sleep. "

" What happened to your arm Uncle Howie? " Chase asked with curiosity as he stared at the blue cast on Howie's arm.

" I had an accident, " Howie lied. " And I broke my hand. "

" How did you break it? " Lauren questioned.

" Uh... " Howie hesitated. " J and I got into a fight, " he answered quietly.

" What?! "

" It was after he found out about Denise taking Chase to you. He got mad at Stazzie and blamed her, he hurt her. Well, I got pissed off for what he did to her, and we got into a fight. I ended up breaking my hand when I hit him in the side of the head and gave him a concussion. "

" You gave him a what?! "

" Yeah, and he spent a night in the hospital because of it. "

" Howie, what the hell? "

" Listen, I don't want to cause any problems between the two of you so don't get yourself all worked up over it. "

" You gave him a concussion? "

" Yeah...I kinda hit him hard... "

" Good going Howie... "

" I'm sorry...I was pissed, he was saying some harsh stuff about Stazzie and I got pissed. We both overreacted in the situation. "

" I'm going to have to question him about that later... " Lauren sighed.

" You hurt my Daddy? " Chase questioned as he looked up at his uncle. His eyes brewing with anger.

" It was an accident. We were rough housing when we shouldn't have been and we both got hurt, " Howie lied.

" Oh... " Chase mumbled as the bathroom door opened.

" I thought I heard my Chazzie out here! " Nastasia exclaimed as Chase ran over to her. She scooped him into her arms and hugged him tightly, smothering his face with kisses.

" AUNT STAZZIE! " Chase giggled.

" Babydoll, I missed you so much! "

" I missed you too! "

" LAURIE! "

" STAZZIE! " Lauren ran over to Nastasia and embraced her in a tight hug.

" Damn girl, I missed ya. "

" Same. It feels good to be back. "

" Where's JJ? "

" Sleeping. "

" Geez, he is such a lazy bum. "

" Tell me about it... "

" His mistake, " Nastasia grinned. " Let's go see you're Daddy, Chase. "