- Text Size +
Chapter 107:

Lauren walked back into her and AJ's hotel room. It wasn't until she shut the door did she realize just what Nastasia had really said. "What a little..."

" What'd ya say? " A.J asked as he walked out of the bathroom as Lauren shut the door. He smiled as he walked over to her and pulled her into his arms.

"Do you know what your sister is planning on doing with my child tonight?" Lauren asked with a smirk as she wrapped her arms around AJ's neck.

" OUR child...and do I really want to know? " A.J laughed, holding her tightly.

"You might want to hurt her."

" Why would I want to do that? " A.J asked, surprised.

"Because she's decided to let the children run around naked and have mad sex with Howie." Lauren answered, repeating Nastasia's exact words.

A.J pulled back from his wife, even more shocked. " She's letting the kids do WHAT with Howie?! "

"No no no no. She's going to have mad sex with Howie." Lauren answered, laughing at her husband's reaction.

" Like that's any better?! "

"Better than the kids having sex."

" Don't even say that. "

"Sorry." Lauren laughed, "But your face..."

" What about my face? " A.J questioned, turning to walk over to a mirror, only to have Lauren pull him back with a smirk.

"I just love it so much, it's adorable." Lauren cooed, pinching his cheek.

A.J swatted her hand away playfully. " Damn woman, why did you have to do that?! "

"Because I love to."

" But damn, it hurt! "

"Awe, poor baby." Lauren cooed as she kissed his cheek lightly.

" That right there was just unacceptable, " A.J grinned.

"Why's that?"

" Because you just don't kiss me like that. "

"Why?" Lauren repeated.

" Because it's unacceptable. "

"I'm like just swimming farther out in water...why is it? Because it makes you hot?" Lauren asked as she raised a skeptical eyebrow.

" Hmmm... "

"Well?"

" Damnit woman, just kiss me, " A.J grinned, pulling Lauren close to him and pressing his lips firmly against hers.

Lauren kissed back, her heart swelling with joy. She was glad he was back in her life. She couldn't be happier, but then her thoughts grew cold. She thought of Nastasia and her father. Somehow she just couldn't get her mind off it.

" What's the matter baby? " A.J questioned, moving his kisses down to her neck.

"I was just thinking..." Lauren answered as her neck felt like it was on fire from his kisses.

" About? " A.J murmured.

"Your mom got the papers for adopting Nastasia."

" That's great, " A.J smiled.

"Kind of..." Lauren hesitated as she sat down on the bed, bringing her legs up to hold them tightly.

" Why do I have a feeling that there's a bad side to this? "

"Because there is..."

" O...k...explain... "

"Denise got these papers....Do you know what happened to Nastasia's mother?"

" What are you talking about? What about her mother? "

"She's dead...Alex... She's dead and Nastasia doesn't even know!"

" What?! "

"She died..."

" Wha-how? "

"She's dead Alex. She fell down the steps and suffered massive head trauma and a lot of bruises...She's gone...And Nastasia's father was never questioned..."

" That ba-...he wasn't? "

"No. Never." Lauren answered, her anger flaring.

" Do you think... "

"Why else would someone like Nastasia's mother fall down the steps?"

" Stazzie doesn't know about this? "

"Your mom thought it was best to keep it from her. She thinks Staz might flip out if she finds out. She's too fragile."

" She has a right to know that her mother is dead. "

"She's going to flip out Alex. No one will be able to deal with that. Don't you understand? And then she'll want to know where her father is..."

" Why would she want to know where that bastard is? "

"Because she's going to want to know because she won't feel safe. She won't feel safe knowing that her father killed her mother.... And then she won't want to go home either..."

" Where is he? "

"Alex, he's in Orlando." Lauren whispered.

" What's he doing there? I thought he left the state of Florida. "

"Obviously he came back. Who knows why."

" But Stazzie needs- "

"Stazzie can't know. She'll run away again."

" No she won't. "

"Yes she will. She will totally flip out. It's the best if we don't tell her Alex. She'll be fine if we don't tell her."

" Until she finds out herself...and then what are we supposed to say? "

"I don't know. Just pray that never happens."

" It's bound to happen...If we just tell her now- "

"Alex. We can't."

" I don't want to see her get hurt Laurie, when she finds out on her own. I don't want that to happen! "

"She won't get hurt. She won't."

" Lauren, she will if she finds out on her own. You know that and I know that. "

"We can't tell her... She's doing so well Alex... I can't break it to her now. She'll have such a nervous breakdown. I can't stand to see her go through that. She smiles so much now. We just can't tell her."

A.J sighed as he sat down and rubbed the back of his neck. He knew Nastasia needed to know what became of her mother, or she would just get hurt in the long run. He agreed with Lauren, he didn't want to see her go through any pain and sorrow, it gave him pride to see her smile so much, but he still thought she needed to know.

"Can we just tell her later? Like when we're home and she's in her own element. Alex, I don't want her to hurt." Lauren begged.

" Lauren- "

"What?"

" She...fine...don't tell her, " A.J sighed.

"Really?"

" I guess... "

"I think it's the best Alex."

A.J only nodded, although he disagreed deep in his heart.

"Let's just have fun now. Okay?" Lauren asked as she kissed him softly.

A.J looked over at her, the gleam returning to his eyes. With one swift move, he swung his arm over her, pushing her down against the bed. " You know what I wanna do, " he growled in her ear, and then began kissing her, though there was still that thought about Nastasia not knowing about her mother in the back of his mind.