- Text Size +
Chapter 108:

A.J held onto Chase's hand tightly as they walked down the hall towards Denise's room. He and Lauren had made plans to go out with Howie and Nastasia that night. It was a free night and they would be leaving the next day to head to their next destination.

" Why can't I go with you and Mommy, Daddy? " Chase pouted as he stared up at his father as they walked.

" Because it's a grown-up outing. So only grown-ups are allowed to go, " A.J answered, ruffling his son's hair.

Chase scowled up at his father. " That's not fair. "

" Tough stuff Chaser, " A.J chuckled.

" Yo J, where ya heading to? " Nick called out as he bounded down the hall.

" Dropping Chaser off at Mom's room and than it's party time, " A.J grinned.

" Daddy won't let me go with him Uncle Nick, " Chase frowned as he stuck out his bottom lip.

" That isn't fair, is it buddy? "

" No, it's not! "

" I tell ya what. How about you talk your Grammy into bringing you over to Uncle Brian's room, because that's where I'm heading right now, and if Grammy will bring you over, me, you and Uncle Brian will battle it out on playstation. Sound like a good idea? "

" Can I Daddy, can I? " Chase squealed, his eyes becoming bright with excitement.

" That's fine with me, but you need to ask your Grammy, " A.J answered.

*****

" Grammy, Grammy, Grammy! " Chase exclaimed as he bounded into Denise's hotel room.

Denise quickly placed the papers back into the manilla folder as Chase ran up to her. She had been filling out the adoption papers the whole day and had been reading over all the other papers. " Hey sweetheart, " she cooed as Chase beamed up at her.

" Can I go play Playstation at Uncle Brian's room? PLEASE?! "

" Did you ask your Daddy? "

" He told me to ask you! "

" I guess you could for a little while. "

" Yay! "

" Not even a simple hello to your Mother, Alex? " Denise joked as A.J walked over to her.

" Hello Mother, " A.J retorted with a grin.

Denise rolled her eyes as she turned back to her grandson. " Your Mommy dropped off your dinosaur pjs earlier, so go get them on, because you'll have to go to bed when we get back. "

" Do I have to go to sleep? "

" I'll let you watch a little tv, but eventually you will have to. "

" I'll try to come back at a descent hour to get Chase, " A.J said, taking a seat on the edge of the bed as Chase ran off to the bathroom with his pajamas.

" Chase can stay in my room over night, so don't worry about him, " Denise answered as she pulled the papers out of the folder again.

" You sure about that? "

" Positive. "

" Alright... " A.J trailed. " Lauren told me about Nastasia's mother... " he said quietly.

" She did? " Denise hesitated.

" Yes...when did it happen? "

" It...it was about a year and a half ago, close to two years. She supposidly fell down the stairs, that's what it said in the police report. But Mr. Notez was never questioned and he left right after it happened, returning to- "

" Orlando, " A.J finished.

" Exactly. "

" I can't believe Stazzie never found out about this. "

" She lost contact with her mother, that's why she never heard about the accident. "

" But she's gonna need to know- "

" Alex, no. If she doesn't already know, then why burden her with something that- "

" Mom, it was her mother. Nastasia has a right and needs to- "

" I need to what? " Nastasia questioned with a bright smile as she walked into Denise's room with Alexandria in her arms, unaware of what her brother and Mother had just been talking about.

A.J felt his heart ice over and freeze as Nastasia walked over to them. He bit his bottom lip as he shot his mother a look, then turned to Nastasia. " Um...nothing...what are you doing here? " he smiled.

" Dropping off my bratty daughter, " Nastasia giggled as Alexandria glared up at her. " Why? Is it a crime to come see my mother? "

" Didn't say it was. "

" Plus I came to get you. You told us you'd be back in five and uh, bro, that was what, 15 minutes ago? "

" Not that I know of. "

" Uh huh...well c'mon, we don't want to keep your wife and my husband waiting too long, " Nastasia giggled as she pulled A.J up.

" Aunt Stazzie! " Chase exclaimed as he ran out of the bathroom, decked in his dinosaur pajamas.

" Chazzie! " Nastasia laughed as she twirled him around.

" Guess what I get to do?! "

" What?! "

" Go play Playstation in Uncle Brian's room! " Chase proclaimed excitedly.

" Man, I'm jealous Chazzie! That sounds like so much fun! "

" It is! "

" Well, you have tons of fun, alright sweetheart? "

" Uh-huh! "

" C'mon JJ, let's go. Mom, you sure you don't mind keeping Lexie over night? "

" No honey, I don't. Just go have a good time. "

" Wait, Mom, no. If you're going to be keeping Lex over night, than I don't want you to have to keep Chase over night too, " A.J stated.

" Alex, if you don't leave this room right this minute, than you are grounded young man, " Denise answered as she tried to hold a straight face.

" Funny Mom. "

" I'm serious. Get out now! "

" Daddy's getting in trouble! " Chase sang as he jumped on the bed.

" 1...2... "

" Alright, alright. We're leaving, " A.J shrugged as him and Nastasia walked over to the door. " Are you sure about keeping him over night? "

" Alex, leave! "

" Bye Mom, " Nastasia giggled as she pulled her and A.J out the door, slamming it behind her.